Post#2 » by pkiskool » Thu Feb 7, 2019 7:02 pm

First.
OMFG.
kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,190

Re: Raptors Near Trade With Grizzlies For Marc Gasol 

Post#3 » by kenwood3333 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 7:05 pm

I m not sure this helps the raptors? They need guards who are capable of performing in the playoff, not an aging big man who doesnt fit in today's game.
pkiskool
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Post#4 » by pkiskool » Thu Feb 7, 2019 7:08 pm

kenwood3333 wrote:I m not sure this helps the raptors? They need guards who are capable of performing in the playoff, not an aging big man who doesnt fit in today's game.

Hence why the main cog of this trade is JV...
Cipoteman
Junior
And1: 226

Post#5 » by Cipoteman » Thu Feb 7, 2019 7:09 pm

Bic Mac (a DPOY and one of the very few big that can guard Embiid) for J-Val, a soon-to-be extended Delon Wright, CJ Miles in his worst season since he was a rookie and a 2nd round :o :o :o

Masai is my father (and half of NBA GM's dad too)
Bricks
Freshman
And1: 11

Post#6 » by Bricks » Thu Feb 7, 2019 7:16 pm

Raps are going backwards here, getting older and slower... Masaii is panicking.
pkiskool
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,073

Post#7 » by pkiskool » Thu Feb 7, 2019 7:19 pm

Cipoteman wrote:Bic Mac (a DPOY and one of the very few big that can guard Embiid) for J-Val, a soon-to-be extended Delon Wright, CJ Miles in his worst season since he was a rookie and a 2nd round :o :o :o

Masai is my father (and half of NBA GM's dad too)

JV is very likeable both on and off the court hence people are going to be skeptical about this trade if they follow Raps closely.
However, a CLEAR upgrade in terms of defense and intangibles - two things that really matter in the playoffs.
Masai clearly wants to go all in and this makes sense.
alienpick
Starter
And1: 617

Post#8 » by alienpick » Thu Feb 7, 2019 7:22 pm

kenwood3333 wrote:I m not sure this helps the raptors? They need guards who are capable of performing in the playoff, not an aging big man who doesnt fit in today's game.

Gasol is on a expiring contract
alienpick
Starter
And1: 617

Post#9 » by alienpick » Thu Feb 7, 2019 7:26 pm

I’ll miss JV, but a Gasol is an upgrade and CJ had to go. Hopefully Gasol resigns and we don’t have him and Kawhi walking on us this summer
almatic
Veteran
And1: 1,713

Post#10 » by almatic » Thu Feb 7, 2019 7:28 pm

Bricks wrote:Raps are going backwards here, getting older and slower... Masaii is panicking.

:crazy:
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 516

Post#11 » by TheCage4 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 7:28 pm

The Raptors already traded their guard who couldn’t perform in the playoffs. They replaced him with two champions.

Gasol puts an already strong Raptors team over the hump in the East. The Sixers won’t be able to match them in a series.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#12 » by hyberx » Thu Feb 7, 2019 7:38 pm

The arm race continues.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#13 » by jschligs » Thu Feb 7, 2019 7:44 pm

TheCage4 wrote:The Raptors already traded their guard who couldn’t perform in the playoffs. They replaced him with two champions.

Gasol puts an already strong Raptors team over the hump in the East. The Sixers won’t be able to match them in a series.

Bucks say what's up.
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#14 » by 12footrim » Thu Feb 7, 2019 7:59 pm

Dude all they gave up was a soon to be 27 year old guy that's going to be paid a second and Valencunus who can't play in the playoffs. Gasol can still give you playoff minutes. I think this is a great trade for them. They paid Van Flet and weren't going to pay Wright anyway and have wanted to get rid of JV for a while. This is a small price. Hell the expring money is worth that if they don't resigning him and it doesn't work out at all.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,995

Post#15 » by Nazrmohamed » Thu Feb 7, 2019 8:03 pm

12footrim wrote:

Dude all they gave up was a soon to be 27 year old guy that's going to be paid a second and Valencunus who can't play in the playoffs. Gasol can still give you playoff minutes. I think this is a great trade for them. They paid Van Flet and weren't going to pay Wright anyway and have wanted to get rid of JV for a while. This is a small price. Hell the expring money is worth that if they don't resigning him and it doesn't work out at all.

Not to mention he does fit great. He plays defense and hes a passer. Not everybody wants to play drive and kick.
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#16 » by 12footrim » Thu Feb 7, 2019 8:05 pm

Nazrmohamed wrote:
12footrim wrote:

Not to mention he does fit great. He plays defense and hes a passer. Not everybody wants to play drive and kick.

That's what I was thinking. Kawhi is kind of a negative facilitating (really the only negative of his game) so Gasol alone helps that out out.

With Ibaka, Siakam, and Gasol that's a legit big man rotation.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
AK47MVP
Starter
And1: 1,591

Post#17 » by AK47MVP » Thu Feb 7, 2019 8:07 pm

12footrim wrote:
kenwood3333 wrote: Valencunus who can't play in the playoffs.

LMAO. Dude check his stats in playoffs, they are one of the best.
AK47MVP
Starter
And1: 1,591

Post#18 » by AK47MVP » Thu Feb 7, 2019 8:09 pm

Cipoteman wrote:Bic Mac (a DPOY and one of the very few big that can guard Embiid) for J-Val

Maybe you did not watch last two meetings between JV and Embiid. JV dominated him.
arasu
Rookie
And1: 147

Post#19 » by arasu » Thu Feb 7, 2019 8:30 pm

Wrong on all counts.

Lowry and Green have 162 playoff games of experience between them. Lowry's numbers in last year's postseason looked pretty good, and Green has had a few good runs in the playoffs as well.

As for Gasol, he's only knocked down 289 threes on 36% shooting in the last 200 regular season games, and he shot 58% from three and managed 4.2 assist/game in the '17 postseason. A stretch 5 who can facilitate fits perfectly into today''s game.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,620

Post#20 » by Psubs » Thu Feb 7, 2019 8:31 pm

TheCage4 wrote:The Raptors already traded their guard who couldn’t perform in the playoffs. They replaced him with two champions.

It's about the Bucks that added Mirotic.

Return to Wiretap Discussion