Masai Ujiri: 'No Issues' With Kyle Lowry

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 166

Masai Ujiri: 'No Issues' With Kyle Lowry 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Feb 8, 2019 6:07 am

Masai Ujiri foresees having no issues with Kyle Lowry after the point guard was rumored in a trade to the Memphis Grizzlies.

“I had a very good conversation with Kyle, and rumors are rumors, to be honest. I see no issues, honestly, with him. Zero. We’re good, and I think his mind is focused on this run," said Ujiri. 

Ujiri was excited for Lowry to lead the new-look Raptors following their trade for Marc Gasol. 

“This is who we are now, after the trade deadline, outside of buyouts. This is your team, and I think he believes that.”

Via Ryan Wolstat/The London Free Press

IAMZOOTED2
Senior
And1: 171

Re: Masai Ujiri: 'No Issues' With Kyle Lowry 

Post#2 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Fri Feb 8, 2019 11:55 am

Ujiri hasn't built up much in the way of trust, but I reckon most Raptors players recognize dude is out there hustling. He is a top notch exec... Daps to the GMs who ain't afraid to do what's best for their teams.. not just their ego or their pride
Oncloud9
Ballboy
And1: 9

Re: Masai Ujiri: 'No Issues' With Kyle Lowry 

Post#3 » by Oncloud9 » Fri Feb 8, 2019 12:38 pm

IAMZOOTED2 wrote:Ujiri hasn't built up much in the way of trust, but I reckon most Raptors players recognize dude is out there hustling. He is a top notch exec... Daps to the GMs who ain't afraid to do what's best for their teams.. not just their ego or their pride

The object of playing the game is to win and Lowry just wants to win. Masai has put him in a better position with better pieces around him and he knows it. Loyalty and a $1.99 get you a coffee at Tim Hortons. Not an amazing coffee, not necessarily a good coffee, but it is caffeine. Masai, Lowry, Gasol, Leonard and all the other players want the super amazing good stuff and will do what they need to do to chase a super amazing coffee.

Return to Wiretap Discussion