Joel Embiid Has Sharp Words For Referees After Loss To Boston

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Joel Embiid Has Sharp Words For Referees After Loss To Boston 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:12 pm

Joel Embiid voiced his frustration with the referees at the end of his postgame press conference following the Philadelphia 76ers' 112-109 loss to the Boston Celtics.

"The referees f---ing suck," said Embiid.

Embiid's comment was unprompted but likely referring to a play in which he was hit across the arms by Al Horford and lost the ball but no foul was called.

Boston is now 10-2 against Philadelphia since the beginning of last season.

Via Tim Bontemps/ESPN

IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Re: Joel Embiid Has Sharp Words For Referees After Loss To Boston 

Post#2 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:33 pm

Watched the game and have to admit, it seemed like the refs were calling a Celtics home game. Officiating looked to favor the Cs. Is that crazy talk? Can the refs change the outcome of a basketball game? I don t think their influence has as much effect as people think. The true pros are the guys who say "this is L is on me. The refs sucked, but we should NEVER HAVE PUT OURSELVES IN A POSITION WHERE THE REFS COULD CONTROL OUR DESTINY." Real spit
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
thenbaman
Sixth Man
And1: 537

Post#3 » by thenbaman » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:46 pm

they did do a bad job if you watched the game,don't know why they didn't use replay.
boston_fan_ct
Sophomore
And1: 23

Post#4 » by boston_fan_ct » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:02 pm

I watched the game too. I saw Embiid push off many times with no call. I saw Simmons do the same on several drives. no call. once Jaylen Brown was tossed aside on a rebound and landed on his rear, and again at the end of the game Embiid turned and shoved Jalen before the layup. I was annoyed at a handful of calls the Celtics didn't get. once you start blaming the refs, you are done. free throw attempts? phi 31, bos? 21....
Heavyhitter10
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#5 » by Heavyhitter10 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:26 am

Yes indeed the refs sucked for both sides. This is nothing new! The real frustration for both players and fans is the inconsistency. They miss calls right in front of them and call some fouls based upon a superb acting job--arms flailing, flopping, etc. What I really object to is that an offensive player can run over a defender and it is a foul on the defender. A defender should havee a right to his space! If the offensive player initiates the contact it should be a foul on him.

Return to Wiretap Discussion