Pelicans Fire Dell Demps, Will Aggressively Pursue High-Level Basketball Executive As GM

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 513

Re: Pelicans Fire Dell Demps, Will Aggressively Pursue High-Level Basketball Executive As GM 

Post#21 » by TheCage4 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:54 pm

This move is a few seasons too late.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
t-rexCity
Junior
And1: 79

Re: Pelicans Fire Dell Demps, Will Aggressively Pursue High-Level Basketball Executive As GM 

Post#22 » by t-rexCity » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:00 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:And this is what Magic and Lebron was tryin to tell you. Dont be a puppet for THE MAN, because youll get bamboozled. Youll get hoodwinked. Youll get run amouck. Now DEMPs looks like a sell out. Got fired. Alllowed plymouth rock to land on him. Because THE MAN pulled one over his eyes, and now he has a reputation of someone who cannot deal with honesty and integrity. And has no backbone.

Yeah this has nothing to do with rich Paul giving demps a two week ultimatum with his hands tied behind his back. Rich Paul should be fired for what he did. Demps was bamboozled by rich Paul not the ownership. Next are the coaches and assistants and everyone else because rich Paul has no idea what he's doing and creating a sh*t storm. This guy will burn ppl along the way when things can be handled quietly and professionally. Fire Rich Paul asap AD or you will carry a label with you forever.
gdog2004
Starter
And1: 706

Post#23 » by gdog2004 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:22 pm

Now Demps can go work as a used car salesman with Bryan Colangelo because he will never get a job in the NBA again after turning down the Lakers offer which would have set them up for years AND crippled the Lakers for years.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,964

Post#24 » by spikeslovechild » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:36 pm

You look at what Indiana has become since hiring Pritchard you almost have to give the job to Hinkie. They need someone to navigate that mess and bring some talent back.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,181

Post#25 » by LAKESHOW » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:57 pm

LOL at those who say Demps knew he was going to get fired. He makes himself look like a puppet. He loses personal credibility. Integrity. He takes calls and looks over offers, with full knowledge that he aint making a deal. He personally looks like a liar. He kills his own ability to get a job. Knowing full well he cant deal in good faith. And then says, ok, its time to fire me. Ahaha. If this was all ownership handcuffing him, he then should have resigned right then and there. But he has no integrity. Look, if its all ownerships call, look what happened? They threw him under the bus! And said they wanted someone not listening to outside forces. Why would they say that if it was ownerships decision? That means they uncle tom his ass. And he just sat there and took it on the chin.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
EAS Law
Analyst
And1: 3,456

Post#26 » by EAS Law » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:33 pm

I remember recently when the Magic were looking for a new GM, Griffin was suggested and he is about as exciting as a beige cardigan.

I’d hire Hinkie too. I think Hinkie is eternally blackballed in the NBA, but his plan worked. If you’re starting from rock bottom, his concept will work.
Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Post#27 » by Winsome Gerbil » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:15 am

TheCage4 wrote:This move is a few seasons too late.

Should have been the universal simple response.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,202

Post#28 » by Pickled Prunes » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:16 am

the_process wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
LukaMagic wrote:
You really think Hinkie's work was just loosing on purpose? Haven't you seen the Sixers lately? He gutted the team and lost a lot of games, that's true, but on the other hand he had lots of great trades (collecting assets left and right) and drafting smart as well.

The 76ers have everything on the line right now. All of the assets acquired during the 5-year tank fest have been turned into one all-NBA center, a point forward that can't shoot and clogs the lane for the previously mentioned center and two expiring free agents. They might convince those two FA's to stay by overpaying them... and then they still have an extremely limited bench and a GM with no cap flexibility.

It's fools gold, my friend.

It's not at all. What BC and Brand have done after the fact does not diminish Hinkie's work. But continue to hate.

I don't hate the 76ers... or Hinkie; I wish them both all the best! But all my wishes won't make extended runs of losing a winning idea. The day my team stops trying to win is the last day I watch them play. There were kids in Philly that went from their tenth birthday until legal drinking age with just one season over .500%. I'll root for my team if they're trying through adversity, but when the decision to lose harder takes place, I'm out. I love basketball because of the sound it makes as it swishes through the net. If others love it because of the sound of lottery balls bouncing around, so be it. But that's not hate... that's a difference in philosophy. :D
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,693

Post#29 » by the_process » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:47 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:
the_process wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:The 76ers have everything on the line right now. All of the assets acquired during the 5-year tank fest have been turned into one all-NBA center, a point forward that can't shoot and clogs the lane for the previously mentioned center and two expiring free agents. They might convince those two FA's to stay by overpaying them... and then they still have an extremely limited bench and a GM with no cap flexibility.

It's fools gold, my friend.

It's not at all. What BC and Brand have done after the fact does not diminish Hinkie's work. But continue to hate.

I don't hate the 76ers... or Hinkie; I wish them both all the best! But all my wishes won't make extended runs of losing a winning idea. The day my team stops trying to win is the last day I watch them play. There were kids in Philly that went from their tenth birthday until legal drinking age with just one season over .500%. I'll root for my team if they're trying through adversity, but when the decision to lose harder takes place, I'm out. I love basketball because of the sound it makes as it swishes through the net. If others love it because of the sound of lottery balls bouncing around, so be it. But that's not hate... that's a difference in philosophy. :D

:lol: Or it's concern trolling. Hinkie was only there from 13-14 to 15-16. That was the tanking, that was the Process. The stuff before was all incompetence, not tanking.

Every time people hate on the Process, it gets ******* longer. 7 years according to Leonsis, a decade according to you... when I'm retired, people will talk about the Process as if it lasted 25 years. Ridiculous.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach

Post#30 » by Pickled Prunes » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:58 am

the_process wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
the_process wrote:

:lol: Or it's concern trolling. Hinkie was only there from 13-14 to 15-16. That was the tanking, that was the Process. The stuff before was all incompetence, not tanking.

Every time people hate on the Process, it gets ******* longer. 7 years according to Leonsis, a decade according to you... when I'm retired, people will talk about the Process as if it lasted 25 years. Ridiculous.

I didn't claim the process was 11 years. I said they sucked for a long time... and then tried to suck harder. And the point I was trying to make was that, as a fan, I would have been at games during losing seasons while they were still trying to win. The moment Hinkie comes in and says, "I know it's been bad but we're about to win sooooo many lottery balls...." That's when I'm out. I don't watch for "bites at the apple!"
the_process
RealGM

Post#31 » by the_process » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:07 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:
the_process wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:I don't hate the 76ers... or Hinkie; I wish them both all the best! But all my wishes won't make extended runs of losing a winning idea. The day my team stops trying to win is the last day I watch them play. There were kids in Philly that went from their tenth birthday until legal drinking age with just one season over .500%. I'll root for my team if they're trying through adversity, but when the decision to lose harder takes place, I'm out. I love basketball because of the sound it makes as it swishes through the net. If others love it because of the sound of lottery balls bouncing around, so be it. But that's not hate... that's a difference in philosophy. :D

I didn't claim the process was 11 years. I said they sucked for a long time... and then tried to suck harder. And the point I was trying to make was that, as a fan, I would have been at games during losing seasons while they were still trying to win. The moment Hinkie comes in and says, "I know it's been bad but we're about to win sooooo many lottery balls...." That's when I'm out. I don't watch for "bites at the apple!"

And that's fine. You don't have to watch if you don't want. It's not about instant gratification, it's about playing the long game to maximize odds to win a title. Wallowing along "trying" with incompetence is unacceptable and that's the basketball not worth watching.
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach

Post#32 » by Pickled Prunes » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:34 am

the_process wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
the_process wrote:

And that's fine. You don't have to watch if you don't want. It's not about instant gratification, it's about playing the long game to maximize odds to win a title. Wallowing along "trying" with incompetence is unacceptable and that's the basketball not worth watching.

Sure, but this 76ers team will likely not win a ring... and the window may already be closing. Besides, they aren't my team so I only had to decide whether to watch them try to lose or not twice a year. But "The Process" did ruin 82 games for fans of other teams in each of those seasons. There is an "integrity of the game" question to be answered, but not by me. :D

If you're happy rooting for lottery balls than I'm happy for you. And BOS, ORL, OKC and NOP are happy for PHI's poor scouting and player development. They could be in practically the same situation if they had lost on accident but made better decicions.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,901

Post#33 » by RSP83 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:12 am

Pelicans fans, you guys should hire Gar Forman. He's the second coming of Jerry West. Bulls fans will pay for his tickets to New Orleans. Oh we'll throw in John Paxson for extra filler.
the_process
RealGM

Post#34 » by the_process » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:31 am

Pickled Prunes wrote:
the_process wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:I didn't claim the process was 11 years. I said they sucked for a long time... and then tried to suck harder. And the point I was trying to make was that, as a fan, I would have been at games during losing seasons while they were still trying to win. The moment Hinkie comes in and says, "I know it's been bad but we're about to win sooooo many lottery balls...." That's when I'm out. I don't watch for "bites at the apple!"

Sure, but this 76ers team will likely not win a ring... and the window may already be closing. Besides, they aren't my team so I only had to decide whether to watch them try to lose or not twice a year. But "The Process" did ruin 82 games for fans of other teams in each of those seasons. There is an "integrity of the game" question to be answered, but not by me. :D

If you're happy rooting for lottery balls than I'm happy for you. And BOS, ORL, OKC and NOP are happy for PHI's poor scouting and player development. They could be in practically the same situation if they had lost on accident but made better decicions.

Predictable response. Wallow on, then. We're good over here.
Durant Durant
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,094

Post#35 » by Durant Durant » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:29 pm

i feel sorry for this guy. he's not the best GM around but he lost his job because some bozos wanna cut corners towards a championship.
No no yes yes
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach

Post#36 » by Pickled Prunes » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:57 pm

the_process wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:
the_process wrote:

Did you know that Sumatran Rhino's typically wallow between 80-300 minutes a day?

Ya' didn't predict that! :D
the_process
RealGM

Post#37 » by the_process » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:09 pm

Pickled Prunes wrote:
the_process wrote:
Pickled Prunes wrote:

Did you know that Sumatran Rhino's typically wallow between 80-300 minutes a day?

Ya' didn't predict that! :D

That's very true.
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#38 » by Barcs » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:06 pm

LOL! Basically they are blaming him for Davis wanting to leave.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
westcider
Ballboy
And1: 35

Post#39 » by westcider » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:13 pm

I will miss that picture

Return to Wiretap Discussion