Anthony Davis On Potential Trade Destinations: 'All Other 29 Teams Are On My List'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Anthony Davis On Potential Trade Destinations: 'All Other 29 Teams Are On My List' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:53 pm

Anthony Davis stated that the Boston Celtics are on his list of teams that he would sign a long-term contract with, adding that he "never said Boston wasn't on my list". 

He then said in a later interview that he wants to play for any team outside of the Pelicans.

“All 29 other teams are on my list. I don’t have a preferred destination. I just want to win. Big market, small market - I don’t care. I just want to win. Whatever team I get traded to, I’ll play for it that year or whatever. I’ll make the best of it and then when free agency comes, see what happens. I can’t tell the future," said Davis.

Davis added that he never gave anyone a list of teams he'd like to get traded to.

“I never gave a destination. Anthony Davis never gave a destination of where he wants to play.”

Via Andrew Lopez/NOLA

gh123
Sixth Man
And1: 1,197

Re: Anthony Davis On Potential Trade Destinations: 'All Other 29 Teams Are On My List' 

Post#2 » by gh123 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:48 pm

Ouch, no playoffs, now AD says he doesn't care for them, Lal fanbase in shambles.
BigHustle
Pro Prospect
And1: 156

Re: Anthony Davis On Potential Trade Destinations: 'All Other 29 Teams Are On My List' 

Post#3 » by BigHustle » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:54 pm

Who attributed the trade partners to Rich Paul before... looks like RP doesn’t know his client. #AmateurHour
DWadeLop
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#4 » by DWadeLop » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:55 pm

Kleenex stock price just went up cuz Laker fans everywhere just started crying

This basically certifies he's going to boston. Its clear "anthony Davis list of 4 teams" pertained to before the deadline so he could finish off this season with them then decide later again what he wants to do
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#5 » by Barcs » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:56 pm

The media is stupid as hell. They'll take any old rumor and just run with it. It's funny because what's reported as rumors always gets slowly changed into "truth" over time, they'll even refer to rumors in hindsight and pretend they are facts. Sports journalism as whole has been in the gutter for a long time. It's trash.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#6 » by alienpick » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:01 pm

Anthony Davis may not have given a list, but Rich Paul did. So, technically, he's not lying.
DWadeLop
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#7 » by DWadeLop » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:05 pm

alienpick wrote:Anthony Davis may not have given a list, but Rich Paul did. So, technically, he's not lying.

Here's what happened: Davis did have a list, BUT (and its a big BUT) it was only pertaining to before the deadline.

He wanted to go to those 4 teams this season.

Now that that didn't happen, it was expected he might be open to other teams post-deadline. He is confirming this. He clearly wants to win. He doesn't want to pigeon-hole his options
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Post#8 » by Pickled Prunes » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:50 pm

Barcs wrote:The media is stupid as hell. They'll take any old rumor and just run with it. It's funny because what's reported as rumors always gets slowly changed into "truth" over time, they'll even refer to rumors in hindsight and pretend they are facts. Sports journalism as whole has been in the gutter for a long time. It's trash.

That's nothing but rumors and hearsay!
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#9 » by jason bourne » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:10 pm

Who knows what AD means? First, he had a list and now that list is invalid. I doubt he's going to sign long-term with a team worse than the Pelicans and going nowhere. His legacy still comes first even though he didn't mention it. A team may have to give up its top players to trade for him. It's better to stay quiet and negotiate behind the scenes instead of in the media. There is no pressure to go to the Lakers anymore as they do not have the assets to get a trade done. Bottom line is he can still be an unrestricted free agent and choose his own destiny after his current deal is up even with a new team.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#10 » by thamadkant » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:21 pm

What the hell did the Pelicans do to him or the fans...

It's all just a front but still... Saying you would play anywhere but at New Orleans is suhh a slap to the franchise and fans...
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,844

Post#11 » by inquisitive » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:22 pm

morey waiting till july 1st
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#13 » by cheese318 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:48 pm

Barcs wrote:The media is stupid as hell. They'll take any old rumor and just run with it. It's funny because what's reported as rumors always gets slowly changed into "truth" over time, they'll even refer to rumors in hindsight and pretend they are facts. Sports journalism as whole has been in the gutter for a long time. It's trash.

This is so true. And the peanut gallery comes out feeding into the media “bs” that was reported
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
LukasBMW
Suns Forum SlamDRUNK Contributor
And1: 4,286

Post#14 » by LukasBMW » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:51 pm

Where is that short "meme" clip of Jennifer Lawrence saying "OK" and mockingly giving a thumbs up??? We need that clip now.

OK AD. Sure. Whatever you say.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#15 » by likashing » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:14 pm

LeBron Inc hates the Celtics. They couldn’t get what they wanted so they just wanted to mind **** Tatum and Brown to ruin their playoff run this season. They mentioned the Celtics first, then came back and said all 29 teams too.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,543

Post#16 » by dice » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:19 pm

likashing wrote:LeBron Inc hates the Celtics. They couldn’t get what they wanted so they just wanted to mind **** Tatum and Brown to ruin their playoff run this season. They mentioned the Celtics first, then came back and said all 29 teams too.

you conspiracy theorists are real...special
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Post#17 » by Pickled Prunes » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:29 pm

dice wrote:
likashing wrote:LeBron Inc hates the Celtics. They couldn’t get what they wanted so they just wanted to mind **** Tatum and Brown to ruin their playoff run this season. They mentioned the Celtics first, then came back and said all 29 teams too.

you conspiracy theorists are real...special

Ummm, the "29 other teams" referred to any team but NOP. The Celtics are included in the 29 other teams comment.
Oncloud9
Sophomore
And1: 46

Post#18 » by Oncloud9 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:47 pm

You gotta be gullible to believe that pile of horse pucks attributed to Davis. Davis learned he couldn't force his way to the Lakers and is trying to limit the fallout. Claiming you'd be willing to go to any of 29 other teams is just a ploy because he knows the Lakers cannot possibly improve what they already offered and he knows NO will never trade him to LA directly or in a 3 team deal. He's hoping another team would be willing to take Laker's offer.

Claiming he wants to play for a winner is such bunk. Davis is not committing to stay with a winner if he is traded to one that isn't' LA so it is obvious the Lakers are the end goal. Whether it is to be the LeBron sidekick to a championship or the eventual king of LA when LeBron retires is just semantics.

NO should call his bluff and trade Davis/Holiday to Phoenix this summer in a mega deal for Johnson, Bender, Ayton, Warren and Jackson. With a high pick in this years draft, Phoenix likely has the core pieces to build a winner around Davis, Holiday, Booker and the draft pick(Zion/Barrett/Reddish/Morant).

If Davis wont agree to re-up with the Suns, Phoenix then tells Magic what additional players/draft picks Phoenix needs in return for Davis during the 2019-20 season. Magic balks and Phoenix pivots to Boston or whichever team signs Kyrie.
EggIsCooling
Sophomore
And1: 56

Post#19 » by EggIsCooling » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:31 pm

As a Lakers fan please trade AD to the Celtics for all the young guys including Tatum and draft picks... please Danny do it! Celtics and AD are a match made in heavens...
Woody Allen
General Manager
And1: 2,840

Post#20 » by Woody Allen » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:55 pm

He's a shameless liar.

Return to Wiretap Discussion