Re: Kristaps Porzingis Would Welcome Playing With Kevin Durant On Mavericks

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Kristaps Porzingis Would Welcome Playing With Kevin Durant On Mavericks 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Mar 5, 2019 9:51 pm

The camp of Kristaps Porzingis has privately rebuked the suggestion he wasn't interested in playing with Kevin Durant. The New York Knicks will pursue Durant this offseason and their trade of Porzingis helped create two max slots.

Zach Lowe reported on a podcast that "Durant wasn't psyched about playing with Durant." 

The Dallas Mavericks intend to pursue Durant in free agency and Porzingis would welcome him to their team.

Via Frank Isola/The Athletc

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Post#2 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Mar 5, 2019 10:00 pm

RealGM Wiretap wrote:Zach Lowe reported on a podcast that "Durant wasn't psyched about playing with Durant." 

wait... durant doesn't want to play with durant either?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
7 Footer
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,859

Post#3 » by 7 Footer » Tue Mar 5, 2019 10:16 pm

Damn, Durant using clones now, smh
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Post#4 » by GEOLINK » Tue Mar 5, 2019 10:31 pm

Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,647

Post#5 » by Johnny Bball » Tue Mar 5, 2019 10:33 pm

Interesting way to answer "without" tampering.
Wallace_Wallace
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,941

Post#6 » by Wallace_Wallace » Tue Mar 5, 2019 10:36 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
RealGM Wiretap wrote:Zach Lowe reported on a podcast that "Durant wasn't psyched about playing with Durant." 

wait... durant doesn't want to play with durant either?

Well I mean, no one wants to play with themselves............that's definitely a PAUSE
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#7 » by br7knicks » Tue Mar 5, 2019 10:42 pm

who?

and durant doesn't want to play with durant? durant is a big **** to durant. durant should leave durant alone
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,139

Post#8 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Mar 5, 2019 11:38 pm

Durant might be interested. He'd get enough shots after KP goes down with another ACL injury.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,139

Post#9 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Mar 5, 2019 11:39 pm

7 Footer wrote:Damn, Durant using clones now, smh

He might accidently start feuding with himself on burner accounts
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,416

Post#10 » by shrink » Wed Mar 6, 2019 12:17 am

Johnny Bball wrote:Interesting way to answer "without" tampering.

Agreed. I think we either need to make rational tampering rules and enforce them, or just drop the whole thing.

“Ok, by a show of hands, which of you NBA players WOULDN’T welcome playing with Durant? Anyone? Anyone?”
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
gh123
Sixth Man
And1: 1,197

Post#11 » by gh123 » Wed Mar 6, 2019 3:05 am

That's not true, he doesn't want to be 2nd option, sure as hell he won't want to be 3rd.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#12 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Wed Mar 6, 2019 6:51 am

7 Footer wrote:Damn, Durant using clones now, smh

Porzingis is just a burner avatar
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#13 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Wed Mar 6, 2019 10:03 am

Pretty sure KD would pass on playing with the unicorn. Mutual respect and admiration is one thing, but hard to see the Mavs contending even if Porzee's body gets right
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
oligo
Sophomore
And1: 59

Re: Re: Kristaps Porzingis Would Welcome Playing With Kevin Durant On Mavericks 

Post#14 » by oligo » Wed Mar 6, 2019 1:17 pm

Dallas has no chance to land any BIG +$30M star this offseason (KD, AD, Kawhi, Kyrie).
Maximum of the maximum would be Klay Thompson. That would be a total jackpot for Dallas.
I would love to see KT and Patrick Beverly on that team, but we will see how it goes. Recent tanking direction of Dallas is definitely not rising their stocks to land big names.
#FireVlade
pape-a-bonner
Pro Prospect
And1: 830

Post#15 » by pape-a-bonner » Wed Mar 6, 2019 2:25 pm

He must have a lot of groupies. No need to play with himself.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,105

Re: Re: Kristaps Porzingis Would Welcome Playing With Kevin Durant On Mavericks 

Post#16 » by ozwizard8 » Thu Mar 7, 2019 6:56 am

oligo wrote:Dallas has no chance to land any BIG +$30M star this offseason (KD, AD, Kawhi, Kyrie).
Maximum of the maximum would be Klay Thompson. That would be a total jackpot for Dallas.
I would love to see KT and Patrick Beverly on that team, but we will see how it goes. Recent tanking direction of Dallas is definitely not rising their stocks to land big names.

Most probably they'll end up 6 to 9.
If they finish #6 then they'd have %35 chance to get in top 3.

Drafting a rookie would help their chances to attract FA. Either play rookie to build young core or use him as an asset like LeGM.

I dont think they can land top names too.
But even if they can get someone like Randle and P.Beverley they'd be more than fine.

They also have record trade exception. 20m+ if I'm right.
So they might absorb some veteran star through trade. If Pelicans wants to rebuild from stratch they can absorb Jrue's contract. M.Conley would be nice addition too.
First sign FA use the cap then go for trade with TPE. Sign&trade D.Cousins?
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#17 » by ozwizard8 » Thu Mar 7, 2019 7:04 am

gh123 wrote:That's not true, he doesn't want to be 2nd option, sure as hell he won't want to be 3rd.

Who said that?
Some beat writers from NY. This narrative created by those media members who is also working for MSG.

I only know Kyrie wanted to be 1st option. Maybe Durant would do the same this year.
But if you're not a top 10 player and if you already won title how can you insist on being 1st player? I never heard any player say sth like that in rookie contract. And this guy is returning from ACL injury.

Dont be delusional.
If Warriors offer him sth close to max he'd go there to be 5th wheel to get in playoffs, finals, winning the title.

Only believable rumor from the media was his frustration over losing. It'd be contradicting to not want KD and hating losing.
Even Giannis would want KP. Maybe after couple rings they'd get in a feud like Shaq-Kobe. But until KP make couple Finals appearance he'd love to play with KD for sure.
gh123
Sixth Man
And1: 1,197

Post#18 » by gh123 » Thu Mar 7, 2019 8:46 am

ozwizard8 wrote:
gh123 wrote:That's not true, he doesn't want to be 2nd option, sure as hell he won't want to be 3rd.

Who said that?
Some beat writers from NY. This narrative created by those media members who is also working for MSG.

I only know Kyrie wanted to be 1st option. Maybe Durant would do the same this year.
But if you're not a top 10 player and if you already won title how can you insist on being 1st player? I never heard any player say sth like that in rookie contract. And this guy is returning from ACL injury.

Dont be delusional.
If Warriors offer him sth close to max he'd go there to be 5th wheel to get in playoffs, finals, winning the title.

Only believable rumor from the media was his frustration over losing. It'd be contradicting to not want KD and hating losing.
Even Giannis would want KP. Maybe after couple rings they'd get in a feud like Shaq-Kobe. But until KP make couple Finals appearance he'd love to play with KD for sure.

There's 0 indication he cares about winning the title. And he and his posse are d-bags, which is 100% true, so yeah, I doubt KP wants to be overshadowed by anyone.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#19 » by ozwizard8 » Sat Mar 9, 2019 9:15 am

gh123 wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:

Who said that?

Dont be delusional.

There's 0 indication he cares about winning the title. And he and his posse are d-bags, which is 100% true, so yeah, I doubt KP wants to be overshadowed by anyone.

There are many indications that he cares about winning.
More than him being d-bags indications. All those things start with the rumors of him being tired of losing and wants trade.
If he was after the money and the fame he'd stay in NY for sure.

Porzingod was a thing. He was playing at MVP level.
Other than winning he didnt have any motives to ask for trade.

We're talking about NBA's worst front office/franchise for last 2 decades. And some silly articles from NY media.
I'd not bet on them being right and honest.

Return to Wiretap Discussion