Paul George Tells Gordon Hayward It Took 2 Years To Recover From Tibia Fracture

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Paul George Tells Gordon Hayward It Took 2 Years To Recover From Tibia Fracture 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Mar 6, 2019 7:13 am

Gordon Hayward sought assistance from a mental health counselor to help recover mentally from his gruesome ankle injury suffered last season.

"It's hard. It's embarrassing. You want to be the guy that says, 'I'm strong. I don't need any help,'" said Hayward.

Hayward also received words of encouragement from Paul George, who recovered from a catastrophic leg injury in 2014. George said it took a full 2 years before he could play freely again.

"Patience. Focus on who you are, not who you used to be," George advised Hayward.

Via Jackie MacMullan/ESPN

Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Re: Paul George Tells Gordon Hayward It Took 2 Years To Recover From Tibia Fracture 

Post#2 » by Vegeta10176 » Wed Mar 6, 2019 8:46 am

It was always going to take at least a full season for him to recover even 2 maybe.. It sucks for Boston as they are going to have 3 years of recovery on a 4 year contract it also sucks for Hayward who can't show how good a player he is.. That said Hayward was never a top 10 player so I couldn't believe when everyone was saying oh add Kyrie and Hayward and Boston could win it all.. Say what now.. Steph V Kyrie.. Steph is better.. Klay v Jaylen Brown.. Going with Klay here by a mile.. Hayward v Durant.. I got Durant by a mile.. Iggy v Tatum.. I still got Iggy as the veteran at the moment but ppl can think otherwise and it would not be unfair.. Draymond v Horford.. This is pretty close In for Draymond by a whisker.. I have not added Cousins here I think he will be on the bench more in this match up.. Livingston is also a strong bench piece when the line ups get shortened.. I will give Boston Bench a large edge though as Smart Rozier and Morris are a good bench to have when they shorten the rotation.. Baynes Thies etc will see limited minutes when rotation tighened in the play offs.. Boston's better bench is not enough to overcome GSW clear starter advantage.. If you swapped simply Klay for Marcus Smart or Jaylen Brown then yeah that would probably get Boston to win.. Much of these match ups come down to Klay just being too much once you have Durant and Curry..
LuckyLeprechaun
Rookie
And1: 1,333

Re: Paul George Tells Gordon Hayward It Took 2 Years To Recover From Tibia Fracture 

Post#3 » by LuckyLeprechaun » Wed Mar 6, 2019 8:56 am

Vegeta10176 wrote:It was always going to take at least a full season for him to recover even 2 maybe.. It sucks for Boston as they are going to have 3 years of recovery on a 4 year contract it also sucks for Hayward who can't show how good a player he is.. That said Hayward was never a top 10 player so I couldn't believe when everyone was saying oh add Kyrie and Hayward and Boston could win it all.. Say what now.. Steph V Kyrie.. Steph is better.. Klay v Jaylen Brown.. Going with Klay here by a mile.. Hayward v Durant.. I got Durant by a mile.. Iggy v Tatum.. I still got Iggy as the veteran at the moment but ppl can think otherwise and it would not be unfair.. Draymond v Horford.. This is pretty close In for Draymond by a whisker.. I have not added Cousins here I think he will be on the bench more in this match up.. Livingston is also a strong bench piece when the line ups get shortened.. I will give Boston Bench a large edge though as Smart Rozier and Morris are a good bench to have when they shorten the rotation.. Baynes Thies etc will see limited minutes when rotation tighened in the play offs.. Boston's better bench is not enough to overcome GSW clear starter advantage.. If you swapped simply Klay for Marcus Smart or Jaylen Brown then yeah that would probably get Boston to win.. Much of these match ups come down to Klay just being too much once you have Durant and Curry..

The irony of this post right after Hayward had a great game and the Cs gave the Ws their worst home loss in the Steve Kerr era.
binjumper
Starter
And1: 3,695

Post#4 » by binjumper » Wed Mar 6, 2019 1:14 pm

When you broke a bone as a kid you never had to seek mental health help.... Soft ass nba players.
Dogen
RealGM
And1: 10,069

Post#5 » by Dogen » Wed Mar 6, 2019 1:42 pm

binjumper wrote:When you broke a bone as a kid you never had to seek mental health help.... Soft ass nba players.

When you were a kid you didn't have someone paying you 100 million dollars to play, offering you countless resources to get back to playing (including counseling) and thousands of loyal fans with expectations of greatness.

But then again... maybe you were an exception and had all that.
Hey you! Can we come together?
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#6 » by Vegeta10176 » Wed Mar 6, 2019 1:53 pm

LuckyLeprechaun wrote:
Vegeta10176 wrote:It was always going to take at least a full season for him to recover even 2 maybe.. It sucks for Boston as they are going to have 3 years of recovery on a 4 year contract it also sucks for Hayward who can't show how good a player he is.. That said Hayward was never a top 10 player so I couldn't believe when everyone was saying oh add Kyrie and Hayward and Boston could win it all.. Say what now.. Steph V Kyrie.. Steph is better.. Klay v Jaylen Brown.. Going with Klay here by a mile.. Hayward v Durant.. I got Durant by a mile.. Iggy v Tatum.. I still got Iggy as the veteran at the moment but ppl can think otherwise and it would not be unfair.. Draymond v Horford.. This is pretty close In for Draymond by a whisker.. I have not added Cousins here I think he will be on the bench more in this match up.. Livingston is also a strong bench piece when the line ups get shortened.. I will give Boston Bench a large edge though as Smart Rozier and Morris are a good bench to have when they shorten the rotation.. Baynes Thies etc will see limited minutes when rotation tighened in the play offs.. Boston's better bench is not enough to overcome GSW clear starter advantage.. If you swapped simply Klay for Marcus Smart or Jaylen Brown then yeah that would probably get Boston to win.. Much of these match ups come down to Klay just being too much once you have Durant and Curry..

The irony of this post right after Hayward had a great game and the Cs gave the Ws their worst home loss in the Steve Kerr era.

2 things regular season and Klay didn't play.. The warriors don't care about this game.. Hayward had a great game and he also had a really good game a month ago he ain't consistent right now.. I get where the irony is coming from but Celts have no chance to win it all..
binjumper
Starter
And1: 3,695

Post#7 » by binjumper » Wed Mar 6, 2019 2:18 pm

Dogen wrote:
binjumper wrote:When you broke a bone as a kid you never had to seek mental health help.... Soft ass nba players.

When you were a kid you didn't have someone paying you 100 million dollars to play, offering you countless resources to get back to playing (including counseling) and thousands of loyal fans with expectations of greatness.

There is no stressing having a 100mill contract when all the money is guaranteed. Nor having countless resources to help you get back to playing. People forget these guys are living the life. They don't have to stress about mortgages or job security. One contract sets you up for life and most likely your family too. They make more per game than more people do per year, so get that stress **** garbage out of here.
Dogen
RealGM
And1: 10,069

Post#8 » by Dogen » Wed Mar 6, 2019 3:41 pm

binjumper wrote:
Dogen wrote:

There is no stressing having a 100mill contract when all the money is guaranteed. Nor having countless resources to help you get back to playing. People forget these guys are living the life. They don't have to stress about mortgages or job security. One contract sets you up for life and most likely your family too. They make more per game than more people do per year, so get that stress **** garbage out of here.

Where did you see me post anything about "stress"?

My point is that from a top-tier professional athlete's perspective, one would, or should, have the type of pride that will cause them to seek any and all types of support and recovery to return to their peak performance. From an owner's perspective, you'd probably want to have your multi-million dollar investment to give you returns on that investment whatever way it takes, and as for the fans, we want to see our marquee players at their very best during prime years, whether the ass is soft or hard.

But your ridiculously absurd argument appears to be "Man up, bruh, even kids with snapped legs can brush it off".

Did I get that right? :lol: You get YOUR stress garbage outta here.
Hey you! Can we come together?
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#9 » by Donnyxc » Wed Mar 6, 2019 4:00 pm

It takes a lot more courage than you think, to admit you're having an issue and doing something about it.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
anatomicbomb
Sixth Man
And1: 1,208

Post#10 » by anatomicbomb » Wed Mar 6, 2019 7:27 pm

Donnyxc wrote:

It takes a lot more courage than you think, to admit you're having an issue and doing something about it.

Not only that, but it's much more than just a regular break. Add to that the intense pressure someone who's in the public eye experiences, and that he may in large part define himself as a basketball player - if he's not returning right away, or there's a chance he has to hang 'em up, then that's a lot worse than not being able to play softball during summer break.

Spoiler:
Everything is practice.
Oncloud9
Sophomore
And1: 46

Post#11 » by Oncloud9 » Thu Mar 7, 2019 5:07 am

When you broke a bone as a kid....

your bones, ligaments and tendons were softer and mended easier.
you weren't stressing your body to its limit each and every day
you didn't have the pressure to return to elite level athletic performance
losing your spot on the team didn't mean the uncertainty of uprooting your family and moving to another city
kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,196

Post#12 » by kenwood3333 » Thu Mar 7, 2019 5:10 am

Will he be the new two years away from two years away?

Return to Wiretap Discussion