Kawhi Leonard Reportedly Not Interested In Playing With LeBron James

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Kawhi Leonard Reportedly Not Interested In Playing With LeBron James 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Mar 8, 2019 11:07 pm

When Kawhi Leonard sought a trade from the San Antonio Spurs last offseason, he had the Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers on his list. The equation for Leonard, however, appeared to change once the Lakers signed LeBron James.

"I do not," said Michael C. Wright when asked if he believes Leonard would have interest in playing with James on the Brian Windhorst & The Hoop Collective Podcast. "That's just what I've been told. It's what I've been told going back to last summer. I don't see that as something that's happening.

"I think he goes to the Clippers."

Wright has consistently been one of the most reliable reporters in the NBA when it comes to news on Leonard.

Via Michael C. Wright/ESPN

likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Re: Kawhi Leonard Reportedly Not Interested In Playing With LeBron James 

Post#2 » by likashing » Fri Mar 8, 2019 11:31 pm

Hard to see Kawhi leaving if the Raptors win it all with him being their best player throughout the playoffs/Finals.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#3 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Fri Mar 8, 2019 11:49 pm

likashing wrote:Hard to see the Raptors wining it all.

FTFY
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,592

Post#4 » by Son Goku 25 » Sat Mar 9, 2019 12:02 am

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
likashing wrote:Hard to see the Raptors wining it all.

FTFY

Lol says salticsfansincebirth. Haven't you been holding enough L's already?
Read
spicy4MVP
Sixth Man
And1: 1,963

Post#5 » by spicy4MVP » Sat Mar 9, 2019 12:05 am

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
likashing wrote: Raptors have a great chance of winning it all with Kawhi.

FTFY

fixed
JaysRule15
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 120,003

Post#6 » by JaysRule15 » Sat Mar 9, 2019 12:07 am

Don't get too worked up guys. We don't even need Kawhi to beat the Celtics tbh. Siakam better than anyone they got.
vesku888
Analyst
And1: 6,201

Post#7 » by vesku888 » Sat Mar 9, 2019 12:25 am

Michael C Wright about to experience Shambles when Kawhi resigns
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,500

Post#8 » by The Laker Kid » Sat Mar 9, 2019 1:49 am

Please go to the Clips
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#9 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Mar 9, 2019 3:23 am

Starting to look like it's time for the Lakers to rebuild.
mickie
Rookie
And1: 516

Post#10 » by mickie » Sat Mar 9, 2019 6:55 am

US media is still pretending they know where Kawhi's going. No one knows even Kawhi at this point. He's gonna run with the Raptors in the playoffs and go from there.
tribulations
Analyst
And1: 1,276

Post#11 » by tribulations » Sat Mar 9, 2019 11:48 am

When will it sink in that not everyone wants to play with Lebron? Its debatable whether his current team mates even want to.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#12 » by Sam195 » Sat Mar 9, 2019 1:02 pm

Fake News I heard Kawhi has consulted on getting his Canadian citizenship and is a big time investor in the marijuana and wind farm industries in Canada that are booming. He literally has a new balance in life.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#13 » by Vegeta10176 » Sat Mar 9, 2019 2:41 pm

Sam195 wrote:Fake News I heard Kawhi has consulted on getting his Canadian citizenship and is a big time investor in the marijuana and wind farm industries in Canada that are booming. He literally has a new balance in life.

He's going to LA and will be joining The clippers would prefer to see him with LeBron but obvious that won't happen
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by Vegeta10176 » Sat Mar 9, 2019 2:49 pm

tribulations wrote:When will it sink in that not everyone wants to play with Lebron? Its debatable whether his current team mates even want to.

They didn't want to leave LA so clearly happy to play with LeBron.. PG13 was willing to play with LBJ at the cavs he choose to stay with OKC where Russ recruited him for a year and be enjoyed it this is not against LBJ.. Wade Bosh Love all happy to play with LeBron.. Kyrie left but already see how fickle he is.. Kawhi is a bit strange but fair enough may not want to play with LBJ and I would say Durant as well.. Klay won't leave GSW but no reason I can't see him playing with LBJ under different circumstances.. Butler seems to fit nowhere and no way I would pay Kemba walker a max.. Kris Middleton shouldn't leave a bucks team now clicking so well so I do think Lakers may leave free agency empty handed and part of that is LBJ the other main part is circumstances.. They may still land AD another top 5 player via trade though..
floppypoppy
Freshman
And1: 14

Post#15 » by floppypoppy » Sat Mar 9, 2019 4:50 pm

sauces tells me he's been communicating with the Anunnaki
Oncloud9
Sophomore
And1: 46

Post#16 » by Oncloud9 » Sat Mar 9, 2019 5:41 pm

Vegeta10176 wrote:
tribulations wrote:When will it sink in that not everyone wants to play with Lebron? Its debatable whether his current team mates even want to.

They didn't want to leave LA so clearly happy to play with LeBron.. PG13 was willing to play with LBJ at the cavs he choose to stay with OKC where Russ recruited him for a year and be enjoyed it this is not against LBJ.. Wade Bosh Love all happy to play with LeBron.. Kyrie left but already see how fickle he is.. Kawhi is a bit strange but fair enough may not want to play with LBJ and I would say Durant as well.. Klay won't leave GSW but no reason I can't see him playing with LBJ under different circumstances.. Butler seems to fit nowhere and no way I would pay Kemba walker a max.. Kris Middleton shouldn't leave a bucks team now clicking so well so I do think Lakers may leave free agency empty handed and part of that is LBJ the other main part is circumstances.. They may still land AD another top 5 player via trade though..

You cannot equate the youngsters struggles with the trade rumours with them enjoying playing with Lebron: the two statements are not necessarily mutually exclusive. IMO, it would be more accurate to say Lebron hasn't enjoyed playing with the youngsters.

Every big name that has played with Lebron has had to modify his game to fit around LBJ and they tend to be tier two all-stars vs top 10. Wade, like Pierce was the established star that agreed to sacrifice their game to fit around incoming stars. Bosh, like Love wasn't a top 10 piece.

Harris, Butler and Kemba are more realistic pieces that KD or Kawhi.
Vlaikone
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#17 » by Vlaikone » Sat Mar 9, 2019 9:07 pm

Vegeta10176 wrote:

Ingram has a blood clot in his shoulder, Ball is injury prone, Hart is just an energy guy, Kuzma is a defensive liability, Wagner is...and Zubac is a Clipper. They have LeBron, picks aren't valuable. What can you trade? Look at Antonio Brown. Executives are making their moves out of spite. Demps might have dodged a bullet, as lousy as he was.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#18 » by Fresh360Waves » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:33 am

Why does this keep being brought up? Kawhi would be a poor fit next to LeBron and that's not a bad thing. He's better off with his own team.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man

Post#19 » by Vegeta10176 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:19 am

Fresh360Waves wrote:Why does this keep being brought up? Kawhi would be a poor fit next to LeBron and that's not a bad thing. He's better off with his own team.

Kawhi would be a perfect fit with LBJ he is a defender and iso player where as LBJ is a playmaker.. Kawhi is also an elite 3 point shooter.. They would match up perfectly
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man

Post#20 » by Vegeta10176 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:33 am

Vlaikone wrote:
Vegeta10176 wrote:

Ingram has a blood clot in his shoulder, Ball is injury prone, Hart is just an energy guy, Kuzma is a defensive liability, Wagner is...and Zubac is a Clipper. They have LeBron, picks aren't valuable. What can you trade? Look at Antonio Brown. Executives are making their moves out of spite. Demps might have dodged a bullet, as lousy as he was.

Zubacs trade was dumb.. I only just learned of Ingram issue that does hurt in trying to make a trade.. Hurts Pels too bargaining power.. Lakers pick this year could be pretty good so might have some trade value.. They are clearly in tank mode and could get a top 4 pick maybe..

Return to Wiretap Discussion