James Dolan Responds To Fan Yelling 'Sell The Team'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

James Dolan Responds To Fan Yelling 'Sell The Team' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:31 pm

James Dolan responded to heckler who asked him to sell the New York Knicks at the end of Saturday's loss to the Sacramento Kings.

"Sell the team," said a fan to Dolan as he exited the arena.

“You want to not come to any more games?” Dolan can be heard telling the fan. “That’s rude.”

He then added: “Enjoy watching them on TV.”

According to witnesses, two cops and security identified and questioned the fan before he was asked to leave Madison Square Garden.

“Our policy is and will continue to be that if you are disrespectful to anyone in our venues, we will ask you not to return,” the Madison Square Garden Company said in a statement to the Daily News.

There have been reports in December and again in February that Dolan is considering a sale of the Knicks. MSG has denied those reports.

Via Andy Clayton/New York Daily News

Heat_team02
RealGM
And1: 2,895

Re: James Dolan Responds To Fan Yelling 'Sell The Team' 

Post#2 » by Heat_team02 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:39 pm

Freedom. Gotta Love It.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Post#3 » by TimRobbins » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:18 pm

Wow - Dolan incapable of hearing some criticism from a fan? That's just low. He should not be in the business.
DannyAingeIsGod
Junior
And1: 39

Post#4 » by DannyAingeIsGod » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:23 pm

Dolan is a female dog what a fakin pussy!! Wow! Seriously this guy is soft as charmin what a low life.
Future Coach
Assistant Coach
And1: 468

Post#5 » by Future Coach » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:32 pm

Charles Oakley is enjoying this somewhere.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#6 » by Greenie » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:38 pm

Dolan is a low life because he’s not with the ****?

If you’re so brave to say **** like that so he can hear it, then be brave enough to take all that comes with it. This isn’t social media. You can’t talk to people however you want IRL without consequence. The fact that idiots think they can is what’s soft. That’s low life behavior. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,881

Post#7 » by deeps6x » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:41 pm

He should have asked what the fan would give him for the team.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#8 » by Barcs » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:45 pm

Dolan is the most butthurt owner I've ever seen. Totally unprofessional and runs MSG like a mob boss. Banning somebody for asking him to sell the team is as childish as it gets. Yeah, welcome to professional sports, Jim. This is the 2nd time, too. It would be different if the fan totally cursed him out and ripped him a new one, but he didn't. Dolan's a ****.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
Barcs
Veteran

Post#9 » by Barcs » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:52 pm

Greenie wrote:Dolan is a low life because he’s not with the ****?

If you’re so brave to say **** like that so he can hear it, then be brave enough to take all that comes with it. This isn’t social media. You can’t talk to people however you want IRL without consequence. The fact that idiots think they can is what’s soft. That’s low life behavior. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

This mentality kills me. I guess you are all about authoritarianism and people not ever being able to speak their mind.

It's not like the fan swore at him or was verbally abusing him. This is just Dolan being a complete puss unable to take any criticism. It would be different if the fan confronted him and insulted him, he heckled him in the background like any normal sports fan would when he boos his team or heckles players on the court. Dolan doesn't mind that, but the second somebody talks to him it's the end of the world. He's a child.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#10 » by Greenie » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:58 pm

Barcs wrote:

This mentality kills me. I guess you are all about authoritarianism. You are that against people being allowed to speak their mind in a non abusive way at a basketball arena??? Grow up. It's not like the fan swore at him or was verbally abusing him. This is just Dolan being a complete puss unable to take any criticism.

Fans need to grow up. You can’t say what you want and nothing come from it.

Talk **** in my house and watch me address it.

That’s the problem in today’s world. No self restraint.

If the fan cared sooo much about going to the games then he should watch how he speaks to the owner. Common sense is lacking with people.
Barcs
Veteran

Post#11 » by Barcs » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:10 pm

Greenie wrote:
Barcs wrote:

This mentality kills me. I guess you are all about authoritarianism. You are that against people being allowed to speak their mind in a non abusive way at a basketball arena??? Grow up. It's not like the fan swore at him or was verbally abusing him. This is just Dolan being a complete puss unable to take any criticism.

Fans need to grow up. You can’t say what you want and nothing come from it.

Talk **** in my house and watch me address it.

That’s the problem in today’s world. No self restraint.

If the fan cared sooo much about going to the games then he should watch how he speaks to the owner. Common sense is lacking with people.

It's a professional sport, though and fans pay to see it. They are encouraged to drink and yell and scream and make noise in the stands.

Yeah, Dolan has no restraint. I don't think speaking one's mind should ever have consequences, unless you are abusive or threatening. I get that freedom of speech only applies to public property, but this guy is most likely a loyal long time customer, and is essentially complaining about poor service. In most businesses, the owner / manager will try to make things right if somebody complains, they don't just ban them for life.

If somebody rented your house for a weekend and you were a terrible house owner that never fixed the issues with your house and it had the same lingering problems for years upon years upon years, and this person kept renting from you and supporting you and putting money in your pocket. Then one day this renter confronts you about the issues and says if you don't fix them you should just sell the house. Then you kick them out of your house forever and never rent to them again. Sure, you have every right to do that, but it would make you a complete jerk.

Dolan shouldn't be alienating fans like that, especially ones that have supported this team for decades, through the good and the bad. Dolan is the one that needs to grow up, he deserves every ounce of criticism he gets. He could have just let it go and not responded, like most professional people do, but he decided to act like an ass clown and make a spectacle instead and punish a loyal fan / customer for venting his frustrations with the team.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#12 » by Sam195 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:10 pm

Barcs wrote:

This mentality kills me. I guess you are all about authoritarianism and people not ever being able to speak their mind.

It's not like the fan swore at him or was verbally abusing him. This is just Dolan being a complete puss unable to take any criticism. It would be different if the fan confronted him and insulted him, he heckled him in the background like any normal sports fan would when he boos his team or heckles players on the court. Dolan doesn't mind that, but the second somebody talks to him it's the end of the world. He's a child.

LMFAO it is free market economics even when the Knicks stink and ticket prices drop based on demand they still end up selling out the games by opening tip through a combination of team affiliated scalpers and stubhub. Dolan can kick out anyone who disrespects him because he knows the Knicks fan base is big enough to replace the trolls. Dolan gets criticized enough by ny media on tv and in the papers but very few people would risk annoying him to his face and feel the backlash. Mark Cuban occasionally does the same thing he has banned specific reporters for reporting things that are speculation or true that he finds offensive about him, his players or members of the organization. However, unlike Dolan he is a more likable personality to his local fanbase and has a higher winning record and a championship to boot during his ownership tenure. The Knicks are not the government or a charity they have no duty or owe anyone anything they are a stone cold business that their c-suite including Dolan can decide however they want to be run whether to maximize profits or loses. It is no one's business other than the shareholder in which Dolan is the majority owner so he like a President has the final say and veto power. Corporations and sports teams are not democracies.
Barcs
Veteran

Post#13 » by Barcs » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:15 pm

Sam195 wrote:
Barcs wrote:

LMFAO it is free market economics even when the Knicks stink and ticket prices drop based on demand they still end up selling out the games by opening tip through a combination of team affiliated scalpers and stubhub. Dolan can kick out anyone who disrespects him because he knows the Knicks fan base is big enough to replace the trolls. Dolan gets criticized enough by ny media on tv and in the papers but very few people would risk annoying him to his face and feel the backlash. Mark Cuban occasionally does the same thing he has banned specific reporters for reporting things that are speculation or true that he finds offensive about him, his players or members of the organization. However, unlike Dolan he is a more likable personality to his local fanbase and has a higher winning record and a championship to boot during his ownership tenure. The Knicks are not the government or a charity they have no duty or owe anyone anything they are a stone cold business that their c-suite including Dolan can decide however they want to be run whether to maximize profits or loses. It is no one's business other than the shareholder in which Dolan is the majority owner so he like a President has the final say and veto power. Corporations and sports teams are not democracies.

I'm aware he has the right to do it. I just don't agree with him acting like an ass clown over a fan yelling something harmless, most likely while drunk off alcohol that he paid for at the venue, while he was a PAYING CUSTOMER. This just makes Dolan look bad. Unfortunately you are right, NYC is huge and people keep coming regardless. Fans got no balls, so no surprise they don't mind being castrated by Dolan after PAYING for his events.

This is why I don't trust Dolan's side of the story with Oakley. He claimed a lot of crap about Oakley, but if Dolan is spiteful enough to boot somebody after simply asking to sell the team, there is no reason to think Oakley did even half the things he was accused of.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#14 » by The_Hater » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:27 pm

So nice that Dolan has had that fan barred from the building. Free speech? Nah
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Cookin Baskets
Sixth Man
And1: 265

Post#15 » by Cookin Baskets » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:33 pm

If the fan didn't curse him out then Dolan totally overreacted. The fan just said what every knick fan was thinking. Dolan is so lousy his win percentage as an owner has to be really low. Dolan can throw out any fan he deems to be disruptive. Dolan has all the right but he needs stop being so sensitive and turn this around or sell the team. He should know that's what his fans think. That shouldn't have been a suprise for him maybe he's doing the fan a favor when the Knicks can't still figure out how to win thanks to Dolan. If a fan is non threatening or non hostile then ideally they should be able to speak their opinion. These owners have too much power.
I don't think I Trust The Process anymore! :banghead:
We are the originals! We are the Philadelphia 76ers!
Soulcatcher33
Veteran
And1: 2,758

Post#16 » by Soulcatcher33 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:39 pm

Cringe. Shut up.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#17 » by Greenie » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:42 pm

Soulcatcher33 wrote:

Cringe. Shut up.

People who say “cringe” need to shut up.
Start now.
mixerball
Veteran
And1: 2,276

Post#18 » by mixerball » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:44 pm

from this particular fans perspective... nothing of value was lost
TruthDoesntHurt
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#19 » by TruthDoesntHurt » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:52 pm

Dolan is a worthless **** head. Sell the team you fat piece of garbage.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#20 » by Greenie » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:09 pm

TruthDoesntHurt wrote:

Dolan is a worthless **** head. Sell the team you fat piece of garbage.

Feel better? He still owns the team...so what did that actually accomplish other than showing yourself sensitive to a child’s game.

Return to Wiretap Discussion