Jazz Players, Ownership Planning Something Heartfelt Following Westbrook Incident

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Jazz Players, Ownership Planning Something Heartfelt Following Westbrook Incident 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:55 pm

Dennis Lindsey revealed that Utah Jazz players and ownership "are going to do something that's heartfelt" following the permanent ban of a fan from Utah's Vivint Smart Home Arena.

"Our players are smart and socially conscious and want to use this as a forum," Lindsey told USA TODAY. "Thabo (Sefolosha) talked about his time in Italy, and everybody black and white has a story, but our country, like Pop (San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich) said, we have to talk about our national sin.

"People may say, 'Hey, whatever, what the fan said was a small thing.' Well, it's not. What it does is make everyone feel small, and every Caucasian should take a look at themselves and look at their heart."

Shane Keisel reportedly said "Get down on your knees like you used to."

Lindsey doesn't want to waste the opportunity of the moment.

"I'm very confident in our community," Lindsey said. "Our community has a good heart. I’m very confident in our organization. And we hope to lead from the front moving forward.

"It's a talent to divide people. It’s a special person or special organization that can unite people and say, 'We're not standing for this hurtful speech.' It's offensive to me personally. Our people are hurting, in particular our players.

"I'll take the blowback from the nonsense that’s out there. Let it come my way. I'm actually looking forward to that."

Via Jeff Zillgitt/USA Today

oceanlife
Junior
And1: 727

Re: Jazz Players, Ownership Planning Something Heartfelt Following Westbrook Incident 

Post#2 » by oceanlife » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:57 pm

Honestly, get bent NBA. I have sat near court side, I know how the players talk. It's a lot more flagrant than anything this fan supposedly said, which as far as I know was not confirmed with video or other fans (I could be wrong but I didn't see it).

I am tired of the pretending to be offended at ever little thing attitude the league has gotten. Westbrook can threaten a persons wife BUT because he may have had his feelings hurt by someone we need to "reflect" on it as if it's a national issue. Back in the 90's they said the NBA stood for "No Babies Allowed", I remember Charles Barkley flew Robin Ficker to the NBA Finals and gave him court side seats to read "The Jordan Rules" and heckle MJ. That was HILARIOUS, but today if Barkley did that we would be having a national conversation set to Wings of an Angel about how it's more than a game and we talk politics with broadcasters who don't know a pick and roll from a horns set.

Let me say it again NBA, get bent.
eureca20
Junior
And1: 81

Re: Jazz Players, Ownership Planning Something Heartfelt Following Westbrook Incident 

Post#3 » by eureca20 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:17 pm

oceanlife wrote:Honestly, get bent NBA. I have sat near court side, I know how the players talk. It's a lot more flagrant than anything this fan supposedly said, which as far as I know was not confirmed with video or other fans (I could be wrong but I didn't see it).

I am tired of the pretending to be offended at ever little thing attitude the league has gotten. Westbrook can threaten a persons wife BUT because he may have had his feelings hurt by someone we need to "reflect" on it as if it's a national issue. Back in the 90's they said the NBA stood for "No Babies Allowed", I remember Charles Barkley flew Robin Ficker to the NBA Finals and gave him court side seats to read "The Jordan Rules" and heckle MJ. That was HILARIOUS, but today if Barkley did that we would be having a national conversation set to Wings of an Angel about how it's more than a game and we talk politics with broadcasters who don't know a pick and roll from a horns set.

Actually Westbrook can't threaten someones wife. The NBA made that very clear when they fined him. Also the Jazz reviewed video and spoke to eye witnesses before deciding to ban the fan. They didn't just ban him solely on Westbrook's word. This makes their fan base look bad, the Jazz weren't jumping for joy to ban a fan.
bballshinobi
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#4 » by bballshinobi » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:29 pm

oceanlife wrote:Honestly, get bent NBA. I have sat near court side, I know how the players talk. It's a lot more flagrant than anything this fan supposedly said, which as far as I know was not confirmed with video or other fans (I could be wrong but I didn't see it).

Sorry man, NBA players' trash talk is nowhere as flagrant as what this fan said. There will be curse words but I think most people can accept curse words in certain context and environment (mostly acceptable in sports, for example, unless you are playing basketball at a Mormon church lol). The most questionable might be the N-word that will be tossed around here and there, but that's no offensive or flagrant because it's not meant to be racist.

What that douche Shane Keisel said was racist.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#5 » by Sam195 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:07 am

bballshinobi wrote:

Sorry man, NBA players' trash talk is nowhere as flagrant as what this fan said. There will be curse words but I think most people can accept curse words in certain context and environment (mostly acceptable in sports, for example, unless you are playing basketball at a Mormon church lol). The most questionable might be the N-word that will be tossed around here and there, but that's no offensive or flagrant because it's not meant to be racist.

There is no proof what Keisel said was said. There is literally video evidence of Westbrook threatening the man and his wife which is likely going to see Westbrook's reps settle with him out of court. Also the other fans or whoever the Jazz interviewed were also identified as hecklers and got misconduct warning cards or something that said if they commit a similar offence they will be kicked out and have their season ticket status revoked or worse like Keisel get a lifetime ban. It seems the Jazz assumes this Keisel guy is racist because he is a Trump supporter who has retweeted the POTUS multiple times like millions across the country. And I read that before this incident Keisel who works as a toyota car salesman had rave reviews now trolls have stuffed those pages with bad and untrue reviews claiming he is racist to the point those pages have been taken out. Keisel is also a veteran.

It is disgusting how Kapernick disrespected veterans in the nfl but now we have a superstar nba player threatening one and his wife at the same time smearing his character based on uncorroborated remarks. The nba like the nfl is becoming classless. Why doesn't Westbrook start kneeling during the anthem at the next game too.
eureca20
Junior
And1: 81

Post#6 » by eureca20 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:56 am

Sam195 wrote:
bballshinobi wrote:

There is no proof what Keisel said was said. There is literally video evidence of Westbrook threatening the man and his wife which is likely going to see Westbrook's reps settle with him out of court. Also the other fans or whoever the Jazz interviewed were also identified as hecklers and got misconduct warning cards or something that said if they commit a similar offence they will be kicked out and have their season ticket status revoked or worse like Keisel get a lifetime ban. It seems the Jazz assumes this Keisel guy is racist because he is a Trump supporter who has retweeted the POTUS multiple times like millions across the country. And I read that before this incident Keisel who works as a toyota car salesman had rave reviews now trolls have stuffed those pages with bad and untrue reviews claiming he is racist to the point those pages have been taken out. Keisel is also a veteran.

It is disgusting how Kapernick disrespected veterans in the nfl but now we have a superstar nba player threatening one and his wife at the same time smearing his character based on uncorroborated remarks. The nba like the nfl is becoming classless. Why doesn't Westbrook start kneeling during the anthem at the next game too.

Oh please he didn't just tweet his support for Trump. He tweeted "Russell Westbrook needs to go back where he came from!! #MAGA". There is no denying he is a racist. If you are defending him you are just showing your true self.

Not sure what Kaepernick has to do with this but since you brought him up... Most people don't hate Kaepernick because of the troops. It is because racists don't want to be called out on their racism. They completely made his protest about the troops when he was clear from the get go it was about police brutality. They ignore that a veteran suggested he kneel in the first place. Everyone knows the protest is about police brutality, but racists don't want to hear that so they try to make it about something else.
T-Rob
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 58

Post#7 » by T-Rob » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:00 am

bballshinobi wrote:

It is not racist.. stop it you freaks. It's homophobic.
ryanball
Sophomore
And1: 238

Post#8 » by ryanball » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:22 am

Fan was was being an ass, and Westbrook was out of line in his response. Situation over. Especially with how these players talk about how tough they are, how they battle and fight, how they preface so many statements with "As men we have to..." Okay so be men and move on from this?

No, let's explode it into some kind of anti-white lecture where I'm supposed to reflect upon the "national sin" I'm responsible for. Literally I should be searching my heart and contemplating how a millionaire was made to feel over trash talk in a sporting event. What a joke.
Fresh360Waves
Veteran
And1: 339

Post#9 » by Fresh360Waves » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:44 am

T-Rob wrote:
bballshinobi wrote:

It is not racist.. stop it you freaks. It's homophobic.

you should probably do more research on Shane Keisel before commenting on here. dude had tweets from last year's playoffs that had racist undertones about Westbrook.

Return to Wiretap Discussion