Louisville Ranked Most Valuable College Basketball Program

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Louisville Ranked Most Valuable College Basketball Program 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:46 pm

Louisville is the most valuable college basketball program despite recent off-court issues, according to Forbes.

In a 3-year span between 2014 and 2017, Louisville averaged an annual revenue of $52 million with a profit of $30 million. Between the KFC Yum! Center and their adidas jersey deal, Louisville lead college basketball in revenue from royalties and sponsorships.

Kentucky, Indiana, Duke, and Kansas round out their top 5.

Via Chris Smith/Forbes

pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Re: Louisville Ranked Most Valuable College Basketball Program 

Post#2 » by pickIBL » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:50 am

Just shorten that to slavery is highly profitable
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
Mwd1981
Pro Prospect
And1: 124

Post#3 » by Mwd1981 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:48 am

pickIBL wrote:Just shorten that to slavery is highly profitable

How about you think about how many players have gone through that program, and got a free education. How many lottery picks have come from Louisville? Europe and Australia are offering alternatives to NCAA. You are talking dookie
23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 193

Post#4 » by 23artest23 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:17 pm

Mwd1981 wrote:

How about you think about how many players have gone through that program, and got a free education. How many lottery picks have come from Louisville? Europe and Australia are offering alternatives to NCAA. You are talking dookie

At one time, the "experience" and "free education" was fair and worked well for both sides. Those days are long gone and have been for what...25 years? Ive had this conversation with quite a few people and here is what is really obvious. 1. Older generations generally feel a scholarship is adequate compensation to play sports. 2. Younger generations generally feel the opposite.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#5 » by pickIBL » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:30 pm

Mwd1981 wrote:

You and the slave owners sure do think a like. They made arguments just like yours.

If the best fresh and soph HSers left AAU and moved to Serbia it would be to their developmental advantage on the court. But uprooting your whole life is not fair to kids.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
jaemulla
Freshman
And1: 37

Post#6 » by jaemulla » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:50 am

pickIBL wrote:
Mwd1981 wrote:

You and the slave owners sure do think a like. They made arguments just like yours.

If the best fresh and soph HSers left AAU and moved to Serbia it would be to their developmental advantage on the court. But uprooting your whole life is not fair to kids.

I hate the free education argument people always make. How about you pay me what I'm worth and I'll pay for the tuition out of my own pocket. The problem goes further when you aren't allowed to profit off of your own name on your own time while playing in the ncaa.

Return to Wiretap Discussion