Luke Walton: No Plans To Shut Down LeBron James

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Luke Walton: No Plans To Shut Down LeBron James 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:45 am

Luke Walton said that there have been no discussions of shutting down LeBron James for the season despite James' persistent groin injury.

"We're a much better team when he's on the floor. So I'm looking forward to him getting back out there again," said Walton.

The Lakers are currently 9.5 games out of the 8th playoff spot with 12 games left in the season.

Via ESPN

hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Re: Luke Walton: No Plans To Shut Down LeBron James 

Post#2 » by hyberx » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:04 pm

Jeanie Buss: I need LBJ on the floor to sell tickets

Luke: I will make this fool expose himself before I get fired.

LBJ: I will play and show everyone that it's everybody else's fault that we don't make the playoff

Magic: What the hell am I doing?

So it's a win-win-win-what? situation for all.
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,510

Post#3 » by The Laker Kid » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:28 pm

hyberx wrote:Jeanie Buss: I need LBJ on the floor to sell tickets

Luke: I will make this fool expose himself before I get fired.

LBJ: I will play and show everyone that it's everybody else's fault that we don't make the playoff

Magic: What the hell am I doing?

So it's a win-win-win-what? situation for all.

Rest of the world: Look at this clown show! LMFAO
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
DannyAingeIsGod
Junior
And1: 39

Post#4 » by DannyAingeIsGod » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:29 pm

Not sure where the hate surrounding LeBron aka LeGM comes from. Dude was loyal signed the max rookie extention with his hometown brought them to the finals in 06 I think.. Never seen a star other than Anthony Davis (and even this one is up for debate) be surrounded by less talent than any star in nba history. Arguably his best teammate ever in early CLE days was Mo Williams. Delonte West( old teammate) apparently gave LeBrons mom the D. To top that off he goes back home to **** Cleavland with the stains of another cav still on his moms sheets lol jk to deliver the promise. Doubt Anthony Davis has the balls to do that for N.O
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#5 » by MitchB3 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:30 pm

Look at Luke trying to coach in his final 12 games of the season
NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#6 » by NBAFan93 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:17 pm

DannyAingeIsGod wrote:Not sure where the hate surrounding LeBron aka LeGM comes from. Dude was loyal signed the max rookie extention with his hometown brought them to the finals in 06 I think.. Never seen a star other than Anthony Davis (and even this one is up for debate) be surrounded by less talent than any star in nba history. Arguably his best teammate ever in early CLE days was Mo Williams. Delonte West( old teammate) apparently gave LeBrons mom the D. To top that off he goes back home to **** Cleavland with the stains of another cav still on his moms sheets lol jk to deliver the promise. Doubt Anthony Davis has the balls to do that for N.O

Big time players don’t sign that first extension after their rookie contract out of the goodness of their heart - the money they’d loose to force their way out as a RFA is HUGE. Practically everyone locks up that big rose rule money in that situation.

I will give LeBron credit for playing out his full contracts in Cleveland both times without trade demands and drama like some others do though - “the Decision” might have been an awful, but he really did play his heart out for them every season he was there - can’t say the same for guys like AD, Butler, Kawhi, Kyrie, etc. who basically got a little over half way through their contracts and were giving up and looking to leave.

And Anthony Davis had good talent around him both last season and this season. Jrue, Randle, Mirotic and Payton are good players - this “AD had no help” is a farce.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#7 » by Vegeta10176 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:30 am

NBAFan93 wrote:
DannyAingeIsGod wrote:Not sure where the hate surrounding LeBron aka LeGM comes from. Dude was loyal signed the max rookie extention with his hometown brought them to the finals in 06 I think.. Never seen a star other than Anthony Davis (and even this one is up for debate) be surrounded by less talent than any star in nba history. Arguably his best teammate ever in early CLE days was Mo Williams. Delonte West( old teammate) apparently gave LeBrons mom the D. To top that off he goes back home to **** Cleavland with the stains of another cav still on his moms sheets lol jk to deliver the promise. Doubt Anthony Davis has the balls to do that for N.O

Big time players don’t sign that first extension after their rookie contract out of the goodness of their heart - the money they’d loose to force their way out as a RFA is HUGE. Practically everyone locks up that big rose rule money in that situation.

I will give LeBron credit for playing out his full contracts in Cleveland both times without trade demands and drama like some others do though - “the Decision” might have been an awful, but he really did play his heart out for them every season he was there - can’t say the same for guys like AD, Butler, Kawhi, Kyrie, etc. who basically got a little over half way through their contracts and were giving up and looking to leave.

And Anthony Davis had good talent around him both last season and this season. Jrue, Randle, Mirotic and Payton are good players - this “AD had no help” is a farce.

The money from the decision went to charity.. So I just don't see it the way some others do.. Bad optics sure but bad bad nah.. It was a young and dumb decision that benefited less fortunate anyway so it's a whatever thing.. James has taken Cleveland to 5 finals won the a championship against all odds might of bad two if Love and Kyrie had not gotten injured the first year.. Cleveland is a place that can not get free agents so could not put any roster around him.. In the narrative of LBJ this has to be included as Kobe had LA the biggest market.. MJ Chicago the 3rd biggest Market.. Cleveland is a loss poor destination.. As is NO where Davis is.. The roster around Davis to me is not that bad the issue was Davis refused to play centre in a small ball era and they kept getting centres to play with him which was a waste of their cap and stopped them acquiring the type of players they needed..

Return to Wiretap Discussion