Paul George On Free Agency Discussion With Kawhi Leonard: 'That's Between Us'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Paul George On Free Agency Discussion With Kawhi Leonard: 'That's Between Us' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:53 am

Paul George said he and Kawhi Leonard have talked about Leonard's free agency this summer, although George won't reveal what was said.

"That's between us," said George.

George, who was in a similar position to Leonard last season, decided to sign a 4-year deal with the Thunder. 

Leonard is averaging 27 points, 7.5 rebounds, and 3.3 assists per game this season.

Via Ameer Tyree/Sporting News

likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Re: Paul George On Free Agency Discussion With Kawhi Leonard: 'That's Between Us' 

Post#2 » by likashing » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:48 am

PG13 wants Kawhi stay east for obvious reasons. He already has enough obstacles to a ring in the West. Another “superteam” in the west is the last thing he wants.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
gh123
Sixth Man
And1: 1,197

Re: Paul George On Free Agency Discussion With Kawhi Leonard: 'That's Between Us' 

Post#3 » by gh123 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:00 am

I bet he advised him to stay off LA. I still think Kawhi goes to Lac.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,181

Post#4 » by SlimShady83 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:04 am

Why the **** doesn't he get a tampering fine ?????? Oh wait ... Because he is not LA only LA get tampering fines

LMAO
Bring back Defense
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#5 » by Sam195 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:07 am

gh123 wrote:I bet he advised him to stay off LA. I still think Kawhi goes to Lac.

Kawhi is going to sign with the mavericks for the 4 year max. The lack of state income tax in Texas more than makes up the difference for the Raptors 5 year max deal in high tax Canada. Add to that Kawhi can really troll the Spurs by playing in their division.A big 3 of Luka, Kawhi and Porzingis would be nasty. If Mavs are lucky they may add a top 5 lotto pick to their core in this year's draft and defer their first rounder compensation to the Hawks in the Luka trade by another season.That is if they move up in lottery to use their top-5 protection. Mark Cuban solely dumped Harrison Barnes to the Kings for a minimal return at the trade deadline to open up the cap space for Kawhi. Barnes was most likely going to opt into his contract this summer and likely would have fetched the mavs a better return as an expiring contract.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#6 » by Sam195 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:11 am

SlimShady83 wrote:Why the **** doesn't he get a tampering fine ?????? Oh wait ... Because he is not LA only LA get tampering fines

LMAO

You can't fine players talking to players. However, if a player or an agent disparages the team or league in any public way including demanding a trade they can be fined like Anthony Davis. It is apparently written in a new provision in the latest cba. Kobe when he wanted a trade to the bulls, melo when he wanted out of Denver and Dwight when he wanted out of Orlando all didn't get fined because there was no cba provision to punish them. Jimmy Butler never demanded a trade publicly so he avoided the fine and also he never named any team specifically he wanted to go to.
gh123
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by gh123 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:23 am

Sam195 wrote:
gh123 wrote:I bet he advised him to stay off LA. I still think Kawhi goes to Lac.

Kawhi is going to sign with the mavericks for the 4 year max. The lack of state income tax in Texas more than makes up the difference for the Raptors 5 year max deal in high tax Canada. Add to that Kawhi can really troll the Spurs by playing in their division.A big 3 of Luka, Kawhi and Porzingis would be nasty. If Mavs are lucky they may add a top 5 lotto pick to their core in this year's draft and defer their first rounder compensation to the Hawks in the Luka trade by another season.That is if they move up in lottery to use their top-5 protection. Mark Cuban solely dumped Harrison Barnes to the Kings for a minimal return at the trade deadline to open up the cap space for Kawhi. Barnes was most likely going to opt into his contract this summer and likely would have fetched the mavs a better return as an expiring contract.

No way he goes to us, there's no incentive at all except the tax break. We'll give full max to Kemba and KP and then regret it all the way till Luka leaves once his deal is up and we rev up another rebuild.
scopy
General Manager
And1: 16,421

Post#8 » by scopy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:31 am

Pfft, LA has nothing to offer these guys.

PG13 trying to join Kawhi in Toronto.
Thanks to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,066

Post#9 » by Lalouie » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:40 am

he's saying "go with your heart. you'll be happier"

or

los angeles ain't all that, which kawhi already knows.
EggIsCooling
Sophomore
And1: 56

Post#10 » by EggIsCooling » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:15 am

PG: Yo Kaw, just do what I did... play the “I am going to sign and play for my hometown Lakers when I am a free agent” card. Then when the time comes, use it as a leverage and sign for the most money you can with Toronto. That way you don’t make me look like an asshat to my hometown peeps, you know what I am saying dawg.

KL: I don’t know P if I can do what you did and not stay true to my words. I mean dawg, I also said I want to sign and play for my hometown Lakers in the offseason and I want to stay true to what I said you know what I mean dawg... huhuhuhuhuh hahaha

PG: Yo Kaw, there goes your nervous laugh again and it tells me you’re not built for the LA limelight and big market stage dawg... come sign in OKC and play with Russ along with me. Russ got some dope Cuban cigars waiting for us when we’ll throw you a signing party.

KL: huhuhuhuhuh hahaha.. let me play out the season and I’ll hit you up in the summer back in LA.

PG: ok dawg peace out.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#11 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:48 am

EggIsCooling wrote:PG: Yo Kaw, just do what I did... play the “I am going to sign and play for my hometown Lakers when I am a free agent” card. Then when the time comes, use it as a leverage and sign for the most money you can with Toronto. That way you don’t make me look like an asshat to my hometown peeps, you know what I am saying dawg.

KL: I don’t know P if I can do what you did and not stay true to my words. I mean dawg, I also said I want to sign and play for my hometown Lakers in the offseason and I want to stay true to what I said you know what I mean dawg... huhuhuhuhuh hahaha

PG: Yo Kaw, there goes your nervous laugh again and it tells me you’re not built for the LA limelight and big market stage dawg... come sign in OKC and play with Russ along with me. Russ got some dope Cuban cigars waiting for us when we’ll throw you a signing party.

KL: huhuhuhuhuh hahaha.. let me play out the season and I’ll hit you up in the summer back in LA.

:lol:
The KnicksFix
Sixth Man
And1: 1,553

Post#12 » by The KnicksFix » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:00 am

Sam195 wrote:

Kawhi, who didn’t like San Antonio, would play crosstown in Dallas? .... nah this ain’t it chief
gh123
Sixth Man

Post#13 » by gh123 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:31 am

EggIsCooling wrote:PG: Yo Kaw, just do what I did... play the “I am going to sign and play for my hometown Lakers when I am a free agent” card. Then when the time comes, use it as a leverage and sign for the most money you can with Toronto. That way you don’t make me look like an asshat to my hometown peeps, you know what I am saying dawg.

The salt is mad big in this one, I need some water.
scrabbarista
RealGM
And1: 13,700

Post#14 » by scrabbarista » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:11 am

The KnicksFix wrote:
Sam195 wrote:

Kawhi, who didn’t like San Antonio, would play crosstown in Dallas? .... nah this ain’t it chief

Is New York City crosstown from Washington D.C.? Because they're 46 miles closer to each other than San Antonio and Dallas.
The man who sleeps on the bed can never fall out of the floor... Winnie the Pooh
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Post#15 » by TheCage4 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:07 pm

More players need to take note of this. If you have a personal conversation with another player it is just that, personal.

Once they open their mouths to the reporters it creates unneeded distractions and controversy.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
fuller4379
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,486

Post#16 » by fuller4379 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:14 pm

The smartest thing George did was to avoid the circus in LA.
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#17 » by LesGrossman » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:51 pm

fuller4379 wrote:The smartest thing George did was to avoid the circus in LA.

It really seems like these stars cant wait to play alongside / under LeBron
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#18 » by cheese318 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:27 am

TheCage4 wrote:More players need to take note of this. If you have a personal conversation with another player it is just that, personal.

Once they open their mouths to the reporters it creates unneeded distractions and controversy.

This is 100% fact. This is def not want you need prior to playoff time upcoming. Not like they don’t have enough distractions as is
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#19 » by cheese318 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:28 am

Pretty sure with PG13 they could be a 50 win team this year especially with how well PG13 is playing so that’s kind of far sighted approach. You do realize PG13 is playing at close to an MVP level? So I guess they would suck with him on the team as well
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#20 » by Vegeta10176 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:02 am

LesGrossman wrote:

It really seems like these stars cant wait to play alongside / under LeBron

PG13 was more than willing to play in Cleveland with LBJ but LBJ wouldn't commit.. He then spent a year in OKC and liked it.. This narrative you have is complete bs..

Return to Wiretap Discussion