Steve Kerr Criticizes Warriors' Defense Following 35-Point Home Loss

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Steve Kerr Criticizes Warriors' Defense Following 35-Point Home Loss 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:50 pm

Steve Kerr said there was no communication on defense following the Golden State Warriors' 126-91 loss at home to the Dallas Mavericks.

"Defensively, we were not connected. We weren't talking, and we got off to that slow start. And Dallas is always a hard team to guard -- they execute well, and I think they made 12 3s in the first half, 21 for the game. A lot of miscommunication -- but we just couldn't pull together after that slow start," said Kerr.

Kevin Durant was unconcerned about the loss.

"It's not odd at all. I think everybody in that locker room has gotten their asses beat at home before. I know this experience is different, how much winning we've done the last few years. But we're still in the NBA; guys have been a part of terrible games, along with the great games, as well. The good thing about it, we play tomorrow night too," said Durant.

Via Nick Friedell/ESPN

Heavyhitter10
Sophomore
And1: 12

Re: Steve Kerr Criticizes Warriors' Defense Following 35-Point Home Loss 

Post#2 » by Heavyhitter10 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:05 pm

Kevin, it is not just this game that the Warriors have looked out of sync. The team chemistry is messed up. There are no significant injuries that would effect their play. It has got to be mental/emotional. It will not be fixed in nine games and may result in a first round loss.

I give them less than a 50-50 chance of repeating.
Cookin Baskets
Sixth Man
And1: 265

Post#3 » by Cookin Baskets » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:01 pm

Lol oh no the warriors are in trouble. Good I don't care for them to win but come on their going back to the finals. They just lose interest in regular season games. You know cause Denver is going to beat them as if I believe that. NBA is so status quo. No surprises for the most part.
I don't think I Trust The Process anymore! :banghead:
We are the originals! We are the Philadelphia 76ers!
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#4 » by cheese318 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:32 pm

Heavyhitter10 wrote:Kevin, it is not just this game that the Warriors have looked out of sync. The team chemistry is messed up. There are no significant injuries that would effect their play. It has got to be mental/emotional. It will not be fixed in nine games and may result in a first round loss.

I give them less than a 50-50 chance of repeating.

First round loss as in one game I hope you are saying.
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
BigTex
Senior
And1: 79

Post#5 » by BigTex » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:46 pm

MaybeDurrantshould takenote. Dallas’ offenseis designedto beflexible andgeteveryoneeasy looks. And when the shots are falling —which hasn’t been too often with this year’sgroup — itcan beathing of beauty. But if you add him, KP, GIVE Luka another year of experience, and sign a few more veterans on minimum deals, suddenly jalenBrunsin isn’t your third best player, KP is. ‘Tis aconsumation devoutly to be wished.
GordanFreeman
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,165

Post#6 » by GordanFreeman » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:16 am

I'm surprised Durant didn't disagree with him in front of the cameras.

Return to Wiretap Discussion