Jay Bilas: Grant Hill Is Best Player In Duke History

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Jay Bilas: Grant Hill Is Best Player In Duke History 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:03 pm

While describing Zion Williamson as an unforgettable player, Jay Bilas said that Grant Hill is the greatest player in Duke basketball history.

"If you’re asking, is [Zion] the best player to ever play at Duke? I don’t think he is. I think Grant Hill is the best player to ever play at Duke. And Jay Williams would be right there with Grant Hill if he played four years and didn’t bail out early for the money," said Bilas.

Bilas also praised the contributions of Christian Laettner.

“Christian Laettner’s the most decorated and I think had accomplished the most. But for best player ever at Duke, I would go with Grant Hill. And then Zion Williamson would be in the discussion just because there’s never been anybody like him.”

Via Michelle R. Martinelli/For The Win

xJumpManx
Junior
And1: 23

Re: Jay Bilas: Grant Hill Is Best Player In Duke History 

Post#2 » by xJumpManx » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:33 pm

Agreed, but Hill was so quiet and team first player. Zion is a team guy as well but when you dunk and throw out the athleticism he has he prolly is more popular.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#3 » by magnumt » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:51 pm

xJumpManx wrote:Agreed, but Hill was so quiet and team first player. Zion is a team guy as well but when you dunk and throw out the athleticism he has he prolly is more popular.

Kyrie Irving
Jay Williams
Elton Brand

:dontknow:

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
Dr Huge Pecs
Senior
And1: 79

Post#4 » by Dr Huge Pecs » Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:42 am

magnumt wrote:
xJumpManx wrote:Agreed, but Hill was so quiet and team first player. Zion is a team guy as well but when you dunk and throw out the athleticism he has he prolly is more popular.

Kyrie Irving
Jay Williams
Elton Brand

:dontknow:

--Mags :beer:

Jay williams...???? obviously you dont know who Christian Laettner is or what he accomplished at Duke AND in the NBA and while i dont think he was on a Fiba team i do remember him on the Dream Team with MJ because he was considered one of the greatest college ball players...ever, not just at Duke...and he was an All Star in the NBA and was good from the jump...unlike Jay who?

You can argue grant hill, but he wasnt better than Laettner at Duke...in the pros yes...but as the greatest"Duke Player" it's not even close. Christian Laettner was the beginning of that dynasty and still the single most important player in the history of the school.

Zion will bust like wiggins...

But yes, sorry laettner doesnt fit the profile for a great athlete...ahem....but yeah definitely top 5 if not THE BEST college player ever.

Sit spin, do whatchalike

Return to Wiretap Discussion