Jimmy Butler On Sixers' Season: 'We Can Do Something Special'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Jimmy Butler On Sixers' Season: 'We Can Do Something Special' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:38 pm

Jimmy Butler said that the Philadelphia 76ers were locked in following their win over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Saturday night.

“We can do something special. We talk about it every single day. Everything we do, we’re locked in, focused. We know what we can do. We know what paper says we can do. We know what people expect us to do. Name it. We got to be the ones to go out there and do it. And the crazy thing is, I know that we’re capable of doing it.”

Butler added that there was no lingering animosity between him and the Timberwolves' organization.

“It’s basketball, bruh. I’ve still got a pretty decent relationship with a lot of guys over there. I don’t think nobody is going to take nothing personal. I’m cool with that. I’m a 76er right now, and we’re going to take it that way moving forward. I wish everybody the best of luck. I wish everybody the best of health. It is what it is.”

Via Michael Lee/The Athletic

Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Re: Jimmy Butler On Sixers' Season: 'We Can Do Something Special' 

Post#2 » by Pickled Prunes » Mon Apr 1, 2019 12:56 am

I can juggle apples and eat them at the same time... We can all do something special! :D
Ben Simmons
Starter
And1: 1,077

Post#3 » by Ben Simmons » Mon Apr 1, 2019 1:52 am

Ben Simmons shot .707 from the free-throw line in last year's playoffs, and probably even better in this year's playoffs as he improved on the regular season :lift:
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#4 » by TheBoi10 » Mon Apr 1, 2019 3:26 am

Raptors in 5
ryanball
Sophomore
And1: 238

Post#5 » by ryanball » Mon Apr 1, 2019 3:30 am

RealGM Wiretap wrote:I don’t think nobody is going to take nothing personal.

The elusive triple negative.

On the up side, when you parse this absurdity out, he actually said what he meant to say. Well done!
NavalAviator94
Analyst
And1: 1,456

Post#6 » by NavalAviator94 » Mon Apr 1, 2019 3:34 am

I’m a Sixer - “right now”
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#7 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Mon Apr 1, 2019 6:19 am

NavalAviator94 wrote:I’m a Sixer - “right now”

Noticed that too. Jimmy certainly appears to be hedging his bets
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
dantheman74
Senior
And1: 299

Post#8 » by dantheman74 » Mon Apr 1, 2019 6:38 am

They absolutely can, and that is win the ECF. Anything less is a dissapointment. FFS they have 4 of the top 10 players in the East.
LarryBirdsFingr
RealGM
And1: 18,455

Post#9 » by LarryBirdsFingr » Mon Apr 1, 2019 8:06 am

Nah
I don't believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can't be measured. You can't measure a ballplayer's heart. -Red Auerbach

Marcus Smart is an underrated shooter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
phenith
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#10 » by phenith » Mon Apr 1, 2019 11:27 am

I'm glad I'm not the only one that caught that.

Jimmy is obviously a great player, more on the 2nd option side than lead dog, but the biggest issue with him in Philly is that he doesn't fit as well as a less ball-dominant 3 and D guy playing off the ball would (RoCo anyone...)

I'd say he leaves in FA, he likes having the ball in his hands and that just won't work in Philly with 2 young superstars on the rise.

Unless they get some stellar performances from the bench in the POs, I would say Philly's biggest weakness from the start of the season to now, is the fact they don't have enough shooters... I still say giving up RoCo, Shamet and Saric for Butler was a lateral move at best, they gave up a lot of shooting for a ball dominant player they didn't need.
phenith
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#11 » by phenith » Mon Apr 1, 2019 3:23 pm

dantheman74 wrote:They absolutely can, and that is win the ECF. Anything less is a dissapointment. FFS they have 4 of the top 10 players in the East.

I agree, anything less than a finals appearance for them is going to feel like a failure.

I'd probably put them with 3 of the top 10 players in the east, and Tobias is JUST there. In a "RIGHT NOW" scenario, there is a bunch of players I would take over Simmons, but he's really young still and has long term upside that could make him a top tier superstar, he just need to figure out how to shoot the ball (pretty big part of the game), the rest of his game is A+++.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#12 » by Vegeta10176 » Mon Apr 1, 2019 4:17 pm

phenith wrote:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that caught that.

Jimmy is obviously a great player, more on the 2nd option side than lead dog, but the biggest issue with him in Philly is that he doesn't fit as well as a less ball-dominant 3 and D guy playing off the ball would (RoCo anyone...)

I'd say he leaves in FA, he likes having the ball in his hands and that just won't work in Philly with 2 young superstars on the rise.

Unless they get some stellar performances from the bench in the POs, I would say Philly's biggest weakness from the start of the season to now, is the fact they don't have enough shooters... I still say giving up RoCo, Shamet and Saric for Butler was a lateral move at best, they gave up a lot of shooting for a ball dominant player they didn't need.

Shamet was part of the Harris Trade not the butler trade.. I think giving up their future assests in the Harris Trade including the Miami 2021 unprotected first was dumb because Embiid and Simmons ain't ready yet they are pushing the chips in to early..

Return to Wiretap Discussion