Lakers Convinced LeBron James To Shut Down Season, According To Luke Walton

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Lakers Convinced LeBron James To Shut Down Season, According To Luke Walton 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Apr 1, 2019 2:18 am

Luke Walton said that the Los Angeles Lakers convinced LeBron James to shut the rest of his season down due to injury concerns.

"He wants to play. My understanding from the medical staff, they finally said, 'Look, it's just not worth it anymore. Let's make sure you have a healthy summer.' So that's the decision that was made, and we'll move forward without him on the floor for the final six," said Walton.

Walton added that James was too competitive to shut down his season after the Lakers were eliminated from the playoffs.

"Well, I think that goes back to him wanting to compete. Even though it's over, he wants to be out there playing with his guys. Eventually, as that time goes on and on, it's easier to tell someone like that, 'Let's take care of your health right now.' So that's kind of how the decision came," said Walton.

Via Dave McMenamin/ESPN

likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Re: Lakers Convinced LeBron James To Shut Down Season, According To Luke Walton 

Post#2 » by likashing » Mon Apr 1, 2019 3:22 am

BS. Had LeBron wanted to compete he would have left the East many seasons ago.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
SirClutchKing
Freshman
And1: 25

Post#3 » by SirClutchKing » Mon Apr 1, 2019 3:44 am

This guy is always putting storylines out there behind the scenes. 'Lebron had a five month injury but played' etc. Bro if you want to sit out games because there's no point in playing no more that's cool. Why the extra cream on top. Contrary to popular belief, fans aren't that stupid.
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#4 » by alienpick » Mon Apr 1, 2019 3:56 am

Remember last week when Lebron said he would never cheat the basketball gods?
duppyy
RealGM
And1: 13,138

Post#5 » by duppyy » Mon Apr 1, 2019 4:37 am

He needs to mentally prepare for space jam.
Elnegron
Rookie
And1: 370

Post#6 » by Elnegron » Mon Apr 1, 2019 4:48 am

Nobody force lebron to do anything without his aproval so you telling me that u convinced himwhen he said days ago he don't cheat?. He will be down in south beach to re-up his steroid cycle
GordanFreeman
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,165

Post#7 » by GordanFreeman » Mon Apr 1, 2019 5:26 am

Elnegron wrote:Nobody force lebron to do anything without his aproval so you telling me that u convinced himwhen he said days ago he don't cheat?. He will be down in south beach to re-up his steroid cycle

Posts like this deserve a suspension.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,182

Post#8 » by SlimShady83 » Mon Apr 1, 2019 5:53 am

I was hoping the title was going to say "convince him to shut up" LOL but not the case

:( but this is just as good, but too little to late <> we should be tanking
Bring back Defense
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#9 » by jason bourne » Mon Apr 1, 2019 6:12 am

Injury concerns? That was a *nice* way of telling LeBron that he's getting old and more susceptible to severe injury like a groin pull. He may not be the player he once was anymore because he won't be able to play as many games in future seasons. The Lakers are trending going downhill.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Post#10 » by TheCage4 » Mon Apr 1, 2019 11:36 am

Despite being eliminated from the playoffs, there is no point to “he wants to be out there with his guys.”

There will be a major roster overhaul. “His guys” have yet to arrive.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,881

Post#11 » by deeps6x » Mon Apr 1, 2019 12:42 pm

I think LBJ would be out there playing if he wanted to. This is just part of the tank job that has been the plan since screwing up the plan to get the Brow.

BTW, RealGM really needs to get rid of that 'scores' pop up ASAP. So annoying. Make it a scrolling banner or just a button to turn it on. Leaving it as an always in your face pop up is stupid as hell.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#12 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Apr 1, 2019 2:00 pm

Why is it okay for the Lakers to shut down LeBron but Silver threw a tantrum when the Pelicans tried to do the same thing with AD?
BigHustle
Pro Prospect
And1: 156

Post#13 » by BigHustle » Mon Apr 1, 2019 2:32 pm

Why is Luke Walton carrying King’s water on this? Hoping for a job at Klutch next year?
GMjobZK
Freshman
And1: 8

Post#14 » by GMjobZK » Mon Apr 1, 2019 2:34 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:Why is it okay for the Lakers to shut down LeBron but Silver threw a tantrum when the Pelicans tried to do the same thing with AD?

Because there are only 6 games left versus half the season remaining with AD at the time.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#15 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Mon Apr 1, 2019 5:50 pm

GordanFreeman wrote:
Elnegron wrote:Nobody force lebron to do anything without his aproval so you telling me that u convinced himwhen he said days ago he don't cheat?. He will be down in south beach to re-up his steroid cycle

For reals. LeBron takes HGH.

Anyone that doesn't know the difference should be suspended indefinitely.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
Chris3323
Pro Prospect
And1: 49

Post#16 » by Chris3323 » Mon Apr 1, 2019 5:59 pm

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:
GordanFreeman wrote:

For reals. LeBron takes HGH.

Anyone that doesn't know the difference should be suspended indefinitely.

You think hes the only one on HGH?
Heavyhitter10
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#17 » by Heavyhitter10 » Mon Apr 1, 2019 6:18 pm

Good thing! The Lakers scored 130 points without James on Sunday. They shot 48% from the floor, 39 from 3, and 86 at the line playing Luke's style. Leave James on the bench!!!
mustbeniceman
Freshman
And1: 10

Post#18 » by mustbeniceman » Mon Apr 1, 2019 7:17 pm

Can't wait to hear his PT come through with another motivating story about his work ethic. Also, don't know which unnecessary videos I'm looking forward to seeing more during the playoffs...him working out or him bopping his head to newly released songs pretending to know the lyrics
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,933

Post#19 » by grumpysaddle » Tue Apr 2, 2019 1:38 am

"Even though it's over, he wants to be out there playing with his guys."

If "his guys" are the ones he wanted to throw to another team in bulk, then I'd hate to see what it's like to not be one of "his guys"
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#20 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue Apr 2, 2019 2:05 am

Article translated: “Rich Paul asked Luke Walton to say it was the Lakers decision”
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett

Return to Wiretap Discussion