Gregg Popovich After Getting Ejected 63 Seconds Into Game: 'Ask The Officials'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Gregg Popovich After Getting Ejected 63 Seconds Into Game: 'Ask The Officials' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Apr 4, 2019 5:40 am

Gregg Popovich was ejected 63 seconds into the San Antonio Spurs' 113-85 loss to the Denver Nuggets.

Popovich received two technical fouls after arguing a non-call on LaMarcus Aldridge.

It was the fastest ejection of this season.

"You'll have to ask the officials," said Popovich following the game.

Via ESPN

Mwd1981
Pro Prospect
And1: 124

Re: Gregg Popovich After Getting Ejected 63 Seconds Into Game: 'Ask The Officials' 

Post#2 » by Mwd1981 » Thu Apr 4, 2019 10:39 am

For a man who loves his moral high horse it’s a poor look for kids. Respect the officials.
bb22
Starter
And1: 984

Re: Gregg Popovich After Getting Ejected 63 Seconds Into Game: 'Ask The Officials' 

Post#3 » by bb22 » Thu Apr 4, 2019 11:19 am

Officials should also be required to answer to the media post-game.
Make it happen already.
DannyAingeIsGod
Junior
And1: 39

Post#4 » by DannyAingeIsGod » Thu Apr 4, 2019 12:32 pm

Adam Silver ruined basketball with these technicals sooo gay. I miss the emotion. When Garnett would get in a guy’s face and just be screaming and spraying all over him. That was the **** I lived for, **** you silver.
anatomicbomb
Sixth Man
And1: 1,208

Post#5 » by anatomicbomb » Thu Apr 4, 2019 1:09 pm

DannyAingeIsGod wrote:Adam Silver ruined basketball with these technicals sooo gay. I miss the emotion. When Garnett would get in a guy’s face and just be screaming and spraying all over him. That was the **** I lived for, **** you silver.

I feel like screaming and spraying all over another man would be more gay

Spoiler:
Everything is practice.
tbdog
Junior
And1: 113

Post#6 » by tbdog » Thu Apr 4, 2019 1:18 pm

Mwd1981 wrote:For a man who loves his moral high horse it’s a poor look for kids. Respect the officials.

But allow Curry to laugh, point, and mock the refs. No tech there.
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#7 » by Killboard » Thu Apr 4, 2019 2:57 pm

tbdog wrote:
Mwd1981 wrote:For a man who loves his moral high horse it’s a poor look for kids. Respect the officials.

But allow Curry to laugh, point, and mock the refs. No tech there.

Yes. So glad my wolves won that game. But the red criteria and consistency is tottaly broken

I think the league office should give refs points publicly to be transparent about what they are trying to accomplish.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#8 » by The_Hater » Thu Apr 4, 2019 4:08 pm

I'm very confused on what one thing has to do with the other? Just because he argued with the refs and fought for his player he now lacks morals? Is that the point you're attempting to make here?

I challenge you to show me an NBA coach who has never received a technical foul, apparently they all lack morals and are a terrible example for kids in your world.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
TKainZero
Head Coach
And1: 3,275

Post#9 » by TKainZero » Thu Apr 4, 2019 6:03 pm

Didn’t see it

But. Knowing pop. This is a mind game!

End of year vs a team he could face in the playoffs?
Don’t show anything!

In fact! Tank the game. Lose on purpose!
Get blown out! Let the enemy think they have your number! Play into the other teams strengths. Learn what they are doing. Let them use their best ideas now when it doesn’t matter and then find them, develop counters and deploy!!!!

Pop went to the locker room 1 min in as a tactical move!

I have seen His tricks for over 2 decades!

If Denver and the spurs meet in the playoffs, I predict the spurs win game one
USA Celtics in full effect. Amazing chemistry building experience right there for the main core of the team

Proceeds to finish 7th and shames the entire nation!
Airmax3D
Sophomore
And1: 22

Post#10 » by Airmax3D » Thu Apr 4, 2019 7:08 pm

TKainZero wrote:Didn’t see it

But. Knowing pop. This is a mind game!

End of year vs a team he could face in the playoffs?
Don’t show anything!

In fact! Tank the game. Lose on purpose!
Get blown out! Let the enemy think they have your number! Play into the other teams strengths. Learn what they are doing. Let them use their best ideas now when it doesn’t matter and then find them, develop counters and deploy!!!!

Pop went to the locker room 1 min in as a tactical move!

I have seen His tricks for over 2 decades!

If Denver and the spurs meet in the playoffs, I predict the spurs win game one

So true!
wadenation305
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,250

Post#11 » by wadenation305 » Thu Apr 4, 2019 11:40 pm

To get respect you have to give respect and these ref’s have been disrespecting the game all year long, every season they get worse and worse. They should send them all to the d league
NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#12 » by NY2TheBay » Fri Apr 5, 2019 2:02 am

Pop getting the BOOT.

Return to Wiretap Discussion