Duke 'Looking Into' Bribing Claims Involving Nike And Zion Williamson's Mother

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Duke 'Looking Into' Bribing Claims Involving Nike And Zion Williamson's Mother 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Apr 6, 2019 10:00 pm

Kevin White, Duke’s A.D., said he was aware of bribery allegation surrounding Nike and Zion Williamson's mother.

Michael Avenatti, a lawyer who is accused of extorting Nike, tweeted that Williamson's mother was paid "consulting services" to send her son to Duke.

“We are aware of the allegation and, as we would with any compliance matter, are looking into it. Duke is fully committed to compliance with all NCAA rules and regulations. Every student athlete at Duke is reviewed to ensure their eligibility. With regard to men’s basketball: all recruits and their families are thoroughly vetted by Duke in collaboration with the NCAA through the Eligibility Center’s amateurism certification process," said White.

Nike has sponsored Duke since 1992 and recently signed an extension through 2027.

Via Ben Leonard/Duke Chronicle

jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Re: Duke 'Looking Into' Bribing Claims Involving Nike And Zion Williamson's Mother 

Post#2 » by jason bourne » Sat Apr 6, 2019 10:35 pm

Boy, where do you begin to get the dirt on this guy Avenatti?
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,594

Re: Duke 'Looking Into' Bribing Claims Involving Nike And Zion Williamson's Mother 

Post#3 » by lonzo_pelota » Sun Apr 7, 2019 12:20 am

Avenatti would tell you like Commissioner Gordon off Dark knight rises "I hope you have a friend like I did! To plunge their hands into the filth, so that you can keep yours clean"
because avenatti knows filth like no one else
LukaMagic
Senior
And1: 683

Post#4 » by LukaMagic » Sun Apr 7, 2019 5:13 am

So Duke is investing who helped them get Zion? Yeah, I am sure this is gonna be a credible investigation..
oceanlife
Junior
And1: 727

Post#5 » by oceanlife » Sun Apr 7, 2019 2:46 pm

LukaMagic wrote:So Duke is investing who helped them get Zion? Yeah, I am sure this is gonna be a credible investigation..

We have conducted a thorough investigation on Duke Basketball and found that Duke Basketball committed no violations in recruiting Zion Williamson. -Duke University.

Return to Wiretap Discussion