Anthony Davis Plans To Play In 2019 FIBA World Cup

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Anthony Davis Plans To Play In 2019 FIBA World Cup 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Apr 9, 2019 12:41 pm

Anthony Davis plans on playing in the 2019 FIBA World Cup in China. Davis, however, faces an uncertain offseason in which he will likely be traded by the New Orleans Pelicans.

"Yes, I plan to play," Davis said to the FIBA World Basketball television program. "I like playing for USA Basketball, playing for the USA team, representing my country, so I plan on playing." 

Davis played for the United States in the 2012 Olympics and 2014 FIBA World Cup.

"Those times were very special," he said of representing the USA. "I’d never played international basketball before. And 2012 (Olympics), I didn't really get to play, I was kind of like, you know, the guy who was just cheering everybody on.

"But that experience helped me in 2014, (being) able to help lead those guys and play my part, and getting me used to playing international basketball. And it was a fun experience, and just being able to represent the country and win gold, it’s something I look forward to every time."

Via FIBA.basketball

Jabroni Lames
Analyst
And1: 3,889

Re: Anthony Davis Plans To Play In 2019 FIBA World Cup 

Post#2 » by Jabroni Lames » Tue Apr 9, 2019 1:19 pm

AD is trying to repair his image and associate "winning" with his brand. Nah. We aren't falling for it. A US Olympic gold is 100X easier than Durant joining the Warriors. This is straight out of the pre-NBA champion Lebron playbook.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#3 » by Vegeta10176 » Tue Apr 9, 2019 1:49 pm

Jabroni Lames wrote:AD is trying to repair his image and associate "winning" with his brand. Nah. We aren't falling for it. A US Olympic gold is 100X easier than Durant joining the Warriors. This is straight out of the pre-NBA champion Lebron playbook.

You have to bring this back to LeBron and even Durant.. Is it a 100x easier hell no because it's best of one not best of 7.. Durant has the most stacked team in history which should never lose but almost did to the rockets.. As for Team USA they could lose one on an off day.. They are by far the most talented team but when it is a one off game anything could happen if it was best of seven them They would never stand a chance of losing..
Jabroni Lames
Analyst
And1: 3,889

Post#4 » by Jabroni Lames » Tue Apr 9, 2019 2:01 pm

Vegeta10176 wrote:
Jabroni Lames wrote:AD is trying to repair his image and associate "winning" with his brand. Nah. We aren't falling for it. A US Olympic gold is 100X easier than Durant joining the Warriors. This is straight out of the pre-NBA champion Lebron playbook.

You have to bring this back to LeBron and even Durant.. Is it a 100x easier hell no because it's best of one not best of 7.. Durant has the most stacked team in history which should never lose but almost did to the rockets.. As for Team USA they could lose one on an off day.. They are by far the most talented team but when it is a one off game anything could happen if it was best of seven them They would never stand a chance of losing..

It's totally relevant.

Lebron legitimized MVP calibre players in their prime leaving their team to join other stars for the sole purpose of making an NBA championship easier to attain. The point was to associate "winning" with the player's personal brand, no matter how easy the path becomes. That concept started even before "the Decision" when Lebron joined the stacked US Olympic team to get an easy "win" with gold medal.

Durant copied Lebron, and AD is following the exact same path. His brand is tarnished wrt to "winning", with so many people questioning why he hasn't been able to lift the Pelicans to be a consistent contending team. Maybe it's not AD's fault, just like it probably wasn't Lebron's fault with the early Cavs teams. But the point is, AD is doing exactly what Lebron did with the Olympic team.... trying to get an easy "win" under his belt to boost his brand.
Mak
RealGM
And1: 4,569

Post#5 » by Mak » Tue Apr 9, 2019 2:23 pm

Right... Mr Glass is not playing anything
ccvle
Head Coach
And1: 1,712

Post#6 » by ccvle » Tue Apr 9, 2019 4:20 pm

Jabroni Lames wrote:
Vegeta10176 wrote:

It's totally relevant.

Lebron legitimized MVP calibre players in their prime leaving their team to join other stars for the sole purpose of making an NBA championship easier to attain. The point was to associate "winning" with the player's personal brand, no matter how easy the path becomes. That concept started even before "the Decision" when Lebron joined the stacked US Olympic team to get an easy "win" with gold medal.

Durant copied Lebron, and AD is following the exact same path. His brand is tarnished wrt to "winning", with so many people questioning why he hasn't been able to lift the Pelicans to be a consistent contending team. Maybe it's not AD's fault, just like it probably wasn't Lebron's fault with the early Cavs teams. But the point is, AD is doing exactly what Lebron did with the Olympic team.... trying to get an easy "win" under his belt to boost his brand.

Wtf are you talking about lebron did with the Olympic team? Ever since they allowed professionals to play, they always tried to have the best nba players on the team. Who you think was on the 92 dream team? I dont disagree with the part about Lebron's decision, but the thing about Olympic is a stupid example. They are there to represent the US. I dont care if the team is so stacked that they easily win the gold. That's exactly the point.

Return to Wiretap Discussion