Re: Joe Lacob: It's Our Job To Convince Kevin Durant The Right Decision Is To Be A Warrior For Life

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Joe Lacob: It's Our Job To Convince Kevin Durant The Right Decision Is To Be A Warrior For Life 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Apr 9, 2019 2:56 pm

Joe Lacob is not stressing over the upcoming free agency of Kevin Durant in which many have speculated he will leave the Golden State Warriors for the New York Knicks.

“I honestly don’t even think about it,” Lacob said. “I don’t. Because there’s nothing I can do about it. Zero. He has earned the right to be a free agent. He’s going to make the choice that feels best for him. And it’s our job to, when the season’s over, convince him that the right decision is to be a Warrior for life.

“Look, we can pay him the most money. We have a great team. We have great coaching. We have great fans. I don’t think anyone can match us, when you take everything into consideration, if that’s the way you’re thinking about it. And he has a chance to win — and let’s hope it goes well this year — a chance to win more championships. I mean, it could be legendary. If he stays here … I don’t know that you get this kind of opportunity very often. So I would hope that he thinks that and accepts that and decides he wants to stay.

“But on the other hand, I’m not going to be mad at him, either way. Whatever he decides to do, he decides to do. And I’ll probably be a Kevin Durant fan no matter what. I’m not going to be emotional about it. There’s no point.”

Via Tim Kawakami/The Athletic

NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Re: Joe Lacob: It's Our Job To Convince Kevin Durant The Right Decision Is To Be A Warrior For Life 

Post#2 » by NY2TheBay » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:56 am

Joe..good answer and the right answer.

I'll be mad at him cause it will be the wrong move..as long as the crew is in tact and remains healthy. I lived in SOMA during college for like 5 years and based off the scene at giants games its a good vibe and a healthy change. Oracle is special but..all things considered...I'll be disappointed in Mr. Durant aka Slim Reap show...aka KD...aka Smooth...aka...Durantula (I dont like that nickname)...aka..Mr. Make the Right choice. 8-)

Return to Wiretap Discussion