76ers Noncommittal On Brett Brown's Future As Head Coach

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

76ers Noncommittal On Brett Brown's Future As Head Coach 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:04 pm

Josh Harris was asked to clarify whether Brett Brown will remain as head coach of the Philadelphia 76ers in 19-20 regardless of how the team performs in the playoffs.

“What I meant by it is that all of us – Brett, [general manager] Elton [Brand], me, a lot of us, the players on the team,” Harris said of his past comments. “We have high expectations. So that is what I meant.

“Look, we have a lot of confidence in Brett and are glad that he is leading us in the playoffs and we are focused on that.”

Despite signing an extension in May of 2018, Brown's future with the 76ers is uncertain.

Via Keith Pompey/Philadelphia Inquirer

the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,721

Re: 76ers Noncommittal On Brett Brown's Future As Head Coach 

Post#2 » by the_process » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:18 pm

Time for Brett to go.
LukaMagic
Senior
And1: 679

Post#3 » by LukaMagic » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:01 pm

the_process wrote:Time for Brett to go.

Why? Is the new coach gonna make Embiid healthy? Will the new coach make Simmons shoot jumpers? I am not saying Brown isn't a problem, but 6ers have more than just one problem on their hands and I don't think new coach would solve much.
TMac Culloch
Sophomore
And1: 54

Post#4 » by TMac Culloch » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:25 pm

LukaMagic wrote:
the_process wrote:Time for Brett to go.

Why? Is the new coach gonna make Embiid healthy? Will the new coach make Simmons shoot jumpers? I am not saying Brown isn't a problem, but 6ers have more than just one problem on their hands and I don't think new coach would solve much.

I would hope a new coach could teach this team to cut the turnovers and actually have a plan to get baskets late game. Jimmy Butler Hero ball won a few contests this year but Brown usually draws a post up for Embiid where he gets stripped if the player passing the ball to him hasn’t turned it over already
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Post#5 » by dan-man » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:37 pm

A loss to Brooklyn in Philly tonight ( game 2 ) means dumpster fire and Brett is gone. Has a head coach ever been fired during a playoff series?
Ben Simmons
Starter
And1: 1,077

Post#6 » by Ben Simmons » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:54 pm

He was awesome in The Mentalist :D
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,203

Post#7 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:17 am

The bottom line is Philly should be better with that roster and even if it’s not browns fault, you get rid of the coach before you get rid of star players.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#8 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:30 am

Although there seems to be upside with finding a new coach, who exactly would that be? Ideally, it's a "thinking" coach like Snyder, Stevens, Atkinson, or Clifford... But those guys are busy. I wonder if the organization isn't better standing pat. There has been some good player development (Shamet - while a Sixer, Bolden, Shake) so maybe keeping B Brown around might be okay.
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.

Return to Wiretap Discussion