Clippers Pull Of Biggest Comeback In NBA Playoff History To Even Series

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Clippers Pull Of Biggest Comeback In NBA Playoff History To Even Series 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:36 am

The Los Angeles Clippers came back from a 31-point deficit to beat the Golden State Warriors 135-131 in game 2 of their playoff series.

"We changed a couple things offensively and defensively on the fly in the third [quarter]. And it worked out for us," said Doc Rivers.

Rivers added that he told his team to keep grinding away at halftime. 

"I was honest with them. I said, 'I don't know how.' I said, 'We're going to figure this out.'"

Lou Williams lead the Clippers with 36 points and 11 assists. 

Via Baxter Holmes/ESPN

Loujitsu
Ballboy
And1: 60

Re: Clippers Pull Of Biggest Comeback In NBA Playoff History To Even Series 

Post#2 » by Loujitsu » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:23 am

So proud of this team, so much heart and grit.
Chi Dynasty12
Analyst
And1: 140

Post#3 » by Chi Dynasty12 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:37 am

Lebron signed with the wrong team in LA
Chicago Bears 2025 Super Bowl Champions
tigerae
Rookie
And1: 233

Post#4 » by tigerae » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:21 am

Chi Dynasty12 wrote:Lebron signed with the wrong team in LA
Man, can you imagine how good this team would be with LBJ in the mix.

Hopecully their grit and grind and never give up attitude is getting noticed and one or two of the top free agents signs with them. I can definitely see Kawhi having them at the top of his list, even more so if the Raptors don't go deep in the playoffs. He would fit right in with the style.
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 655

Post#5 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:04 am

tigerae wrote:

Hopecully their grit and grind and never give up attitude is getting noticed and one or two of the top free agents signs with them. I can definitely see Kawhi having them at the top of his list, even more so if the Raptors don't go deep in the playoffs. He would fit right in with the style.
Orrrr they could've become dysfunctional

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,590

Post#6 » by Meat » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:36 am

What is with the warriors and the numbers 3 and 1
SirClutchKing
Freshman
And1: 25

Post#7 » by SirClutchKing » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:04 am

This is a really solid b ball team. Good coach, and slowly over the last 6 years or so become a really good organisation. New owner, Jerry West in the mix. Love watching them.
I was worried they'd get blown out 4-0 by the Dubs and become less attractive. The opposite has happened, an All Star would love to play with these dudes.
Not to mention Lou Will and Harrel are locked in on unbelievabley team friendly contracts. Don't know how Jerry West does it. The Logo is a BOSS.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#8 » by mplsfonz23 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:15 pm

IDK. LBJ would have stunted some of the players growth considering he would need his touches.
He would move someone to the bench, and who knows how that would have played out.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#9 » by Vegeta10176 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:21 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:

IDK. LBJ would have stunted some of the players growth considering he would need his touches.
He would move someone to the bench, and who knows how that would have played out.

Don't be ridiculous clippers got lucky.. GSW in massive foul trouble and Durant looked pretty disinterested.. The refs blew the whistle non stop.. This is a nothing game.. Even if Flippers add Kawhi they won't be much better unless they add another super star as well then I'd say they would be contenders with Bench depth and cheap contracts.. Also clippers bad Tobias Harris who took the most shots earlier and were doing well they could easily fit LBJ in and would be better.. Shamat and Zubacs were good pick ups for them 76ers losing Shamat was dumb since three point shooting is what they need.. Lou Williams cheap contract is great he could be the Iggy for this team if they could pick up two super stars..
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#10 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:13 pm

Vegeta10176 wrote:Don't be ridiculous clippers got lucky.. GSW in massive foul trouble and Durant looked pretty disinterested.. The refs blew the whistle non stop.. This is a nothing game..

The salt is real. That comeback wasn't luck, the Clippers kept grinding all game and earned it. They've been doing this all season.
Rollie
Junior
And1: 34

Post#11 » by Rollie » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:19 pm

Hield of Dreams wrote:
tigerae wrote:

Orrrr they could've become dysfunctional

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Maybe Doc would have been a strong enough person to keep LeBron in check.
Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,213

Post#12 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:25 pm

I got off work at 9:00 pm last night, saw that the Clips were down 99-74 and decided to practice my guitar instead of watching the the end of a blowout. Oooops! :oops:
NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#13 » by NY2TheBay » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:24 pm

Refs need to clean up how they let pat bev get into durants body....if they dont call it on beverley then they have to allow KD to work the same offensively. Light push offs, hand motion etc...KD can only do so much if the refs play this game.
Heavyhitter10
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#14 » by Heavyhitter10 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:41 am

The Warriors achilles heal all year has been their defense. It is hard to win if you can't stop the other team from scoring. You can't win every night by simply outscoring the other team as the Warriors found out. Hats off to Rivers and the Clippers for not quiting!
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 142

Post#15 » by haste10176 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:39 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
Vegeta10176 wrote:Don't be ridiculous clippers got lucky.. GSW in massive foul trouble and Durant looked pretty disinterested.. The refs blew the whistle non stop.. This is a nothing game..

The salt is real. That comeback wasn't luck, the Clippers kept grinding all game and earned it. They've been doing this all season.

I do not go for the warriors infact I was rooting for a clippers come back and win.. However I also watched a horrifically reffed game.. which left Curry, Durant and Klay in foul trouble in the third qtr.. Warriors did not take this seriously.. They will rout them in the next 3 games.. This was a fluke combined with Warriors attitude and ref incompetence.. The next 3 will be a rout..
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#16 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:54 pm

haste10176 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:

I do not go for the warriors infact I was rooting for a clippers come back and win.. However I also watched a horrifically reffed game.. which left Curry, Durant and Klay in foul trouble in the third qtr.. Warriors did not take this seriously.. They will rout them in the next 3 games.. This was a fluke combined with Warriors attitude and ref incompetence.. The next 3 will be a rout..

The Warriors were in the bonus with 9:41 left in the 4th and shot 45 free throws. The idea that they were getting screwed by the refs is just laughable.

Furthermore, the Warriors are the most unfairly stacked team in NBA history. They should still be able to hold on to a 31-point lead at home against the 8th seed even without "taking it seriously."

Return to Wiretap Discussion