Joel Embiid Scores 31 Points, Calls Jared Dudley 'A Nobody' After Sixers Win

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Joel Embiid Scores 31 Points, Calls Jared Dudley 'A Nobody' After Sixers Win 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:24 am

Joel Embiid finished with 31 points, 16 rebounds, 7 assists, 6 blocks and 2 steals in the Philadelphia 76ers' 112-108 win over the Brooklyn Nets. The Sixers are up 3-1 in the series.

The game was marred by ejections from Jimmy Butler and Jared Dudley in the 3rd quarter. Embiid drew a flagrant 1 foul on Jarrett Allen, sparking Dudley and Ben Simmons to get tangled up into the courtside seats.

Dudley had been going back and forth on and off the court with Sixers players the entire series.

"First of all, he's a nobody. And when opponents try to do stuff like that, that's just to get us out of the game. Especially, I'm too valuable for my team. That's why I didn't react. I did not do anything and I did not think that was a flagrant foul because I played the ball, too. But in that type of situation I just got to stay composed and be mature," said Embiid about Dudley.

Embiid said he would pay the fine associated with Butler's ejection. 

Via Dave McMenamin/ESPN

deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,873

Re: Joel Embiid Scores 31 Points, Calls Jared Dudley 'A Nobody' After Sixers Win 

Post#2 » by deeps6x » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:42 am

It looked like the Nets couldn't overcome playing 5v8.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
mustbeniceman
Freshman
And1: 10

Re: Joel Embiid Scores 31 Points, Calls Jared Dudley 'A Nobody' After Sixers Win 

Post#3 » by mustbeniceman » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:14 am

perfect example of today's generation...ain't done **** but talk the most ****
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,523

Post#4 » by dice » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:44 am

mustbeniceman wrote:perfect example of today's generation...ain't done **** but talk the most ****

maybe if you're talking about basketball players
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
PizzaSteve
Veteran
And1: 1,837

Post#5 » by PizzaSteve » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:57 am

Better hope that body holds up, so the paychecks keep rolling in...likely will be embarassed by himself when he is 50+ yrs
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,016

Post#6 » by eyeatoma » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:54 am

The hate for Philly and Embiid is strong on this board.
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#7 » by Killboard » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:00 pm

Philly won last game without you Joel, get down from your self made pedestal.

And if you were so mature you wouldn't have 2 flagrant fouls in the last two games played. But I know you love to talk against teams who aren't playing all in, like Philly did for you doubtful health(and maybe bad karma).

I forgot if you were there last season against the Celtics or if you are going to be there against grow man teams as Bucks or Raptors.
itsme23
Rookie
And1: 1,064

Post#8 » by itsme23 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:02 pm

Why does Embidd talk like he’s a multiple champion finals MVP player.

I get it Dudley is pretty much a retired player, but Embidd has to try and talk smack to about everyone.

He’s a very good player, but his attitude can get really annoying.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,692

Post#9 » by rzzzzz » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:03 pm

eyeatoma wrote:The hate for Philly and Embiid is strong on this board.

Remember what happened to OK4 on the streets of Boston his rookie year? Glad Biid channels the energy into playing stronger. And now smarter, judging how he's now throwing the ball out to the open man when he's double teamed.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,045

Post#10 » by GeorgeMarcus » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:12 pm

Killboard wrote:Philly won last game without you Joel, get down from your self made pedestal.

And if you were so mature you wouldn't have 2 flagrant fouls in the last two games played. But I know you love to talk against teams who aren't playing all in, like Philly did for you doubtful health(and maybe bad karma).

I forgot if you were there last season against the Celtics or if you are going to be there against grow man teams as Bucks or Raptors.

The Sixers won a single game without him, he must not be important!

The pedestal isn't self-made. He's by far our best/most impactful player and everybody knows it.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,045

Post#11 » by GeorgeMarcus » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:15 pm

deeps6x wrote:It looked like the Nets couldn't overcome playing 5v8.

That can't possibly be a refs jab, can it? If so I assume you haven't watched the series at all, and just looked at the number of fouls calls (which is incredibly high for both teams). The Embiid flagrant and Butler ejection was absolute horse ****.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph

Return to Wiretap Discussion