Re: Gordon Hayward Scores 20 Points In Sweep, Says 'It's Just The Beginning' For Celtics

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Gordon Hayward Scores 20 Points In Sweep, Says 'It's Just The Beginning' For Celtics 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:03 pm

Gordon Hayward shot 7 of 9 from the field and scored 20 points in the Boston Celtics' 110-106 win over the Indiana Pacers to sweep the series.

"There's nothing worse than sitting there and not be able to play in the playoffs especially. So to be able to be with my teammates, be a part of something like this where we got a chance to sweep the Pacers, after everything that happened last year, it makes it all worth it -- no doubt. And it's just the beginning for us. We still got a lot of work to do," said Hayward.

Brad Stevens added that their patience with Hayward's progress throughout the season is paying off in the playoffs.

"It's been a long process to get back to where he probably feels as good as he does now. We knew that going in. We said all year [that] every 20 games he's going to be a little bit better, and he was big at the end of the game tonight for sure," said Stevens.

Via Tim Bontemps/ESPN

Cookin Baskets
Sixth Man
And1: 265

Re: Gordon Hayward Scores 20 Points In Sweep, Says 'It's Just The Beginning' For Celtics 

Post#2 » by Cookin Baskets » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:18 pm

I feel like if Hayward keeps getting better then Boston has a good chance to gel better in the playoffs.

Yea, I feel like Boston is going to make the finals and I have it in my bracket for the nba.com contest.

Playoff Bracket prediction picture link below
https://ibb.co/1JwyRk1

I'm not rooting for them or anything but I think it is gong to happen, the seem like they are next. I can't imagine the Bucks or the Raptors in the finals because it would be a pleasant surprise. I'm not aligning my picks with the teams that I root for, I'm trying to be impartial and unbiased. NBA is usually predictable.
I don't think I Trust The Process anymore! :banghead:
We are the originals! We are the Philadelphia 76ers!
BigHustle
Pro Prospect
And1: 156

Post#3 » by BigHustle » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:58 pm

Cookin Baskets wrote:I feel like if Hayward keeps getting better then Boston has a good chance to gel better in the playoffs.

Yea, I feel like Boston is going to make the finals and I have it in my bracket for the nba.com contest.

I'm not rooting for them or anything but I think it is gong to happen, the seem like they are next. I can't imagine the Bucks or the Raptors in the finals because it would be a pleasant surprise. I'm not aligning my picks with the teams that I root for, I'm trying to be impartial and unbiased. NBA is usually predictable.

Freak is looking unstoppable but if BOS 3’s are dropping, the strong interior D of bucks won’t matter and BOS has a chance.
Cookin Baskets
Sixth Man
And1: 265

Post#4 » by Cookin Baskets » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:16 am

BigHustle wrote:
Cookin Baskets wrote:I feel like if Hayward keeps getting better then Boston has a good chance to gel better in the playoffs.

Freak is looking unstoppable but if BOS 3’s are dropping, the strong interior D of bucks won’t matter and BOS has a chance.

Yes no denying the Freak, but they do lack playoff experience as a team. That usually matters in the nba. You usually have to lose a few times before making it to the finals.
I don't think I Trust The Process anymore! :banghead:
We are the originals! We are the Philadelphia 76ers!
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#5 » by WRau1 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:11 am

Cookin Baskets wrote:
BigHustle wrote:

Yes no denying the Freak, but they do lack playoff experience as a team. That usually matters in the nba. You usually have to lose a few times before making it to the finals.

Playoff experience is completely overrated in any sport that has a series to progress to the next round. Besides that, there is plenty of playoff experience for the Bucks on the court and sideline.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
WuriderX
Junior
And1: 403

Post#6 » by WuriderX » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:05 pm

They won but let's not pretend that the Pacers didn't have their best player.

Return to Wiretap Discussion