Jarrett Allen Was Fouled In Final Seconds Of Nets' Loss, According To NBA

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Jarrett Allen Was Fouled In Final Seconds Of Nets' Loss, According To NBA 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:19 am

Jarrett Allen was fouled by Tobias Harris in the final seconds of the Brooklyn Nets' 112-108 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers, according to the league's Last Two Minute Report.

Harris held Allen as Allen attempted to roll to the basket with the Nets down 2 points. The extra moment enabled 3 Sixers defenders to converge on Allen, resulting in a turnover. 

"So the big point of emphasis this year was the wrapping, wrapping the player when he rolls to the rim. Judge for yourself if you watch the clip, but there was a clear wrap by Tobias Harris on the roll. I am just disappointed. That was a point of emphasis on day one at the coaches' meetings -- that they were going to emphasize that at the beginning of the game, the end of the game and all season. So how that all of a sudden doesn't become a foul on the wrap, I don't understand that," said Kenny Atkinson following the loss.

Via Tim Bontemps/ESPN

Heavyhitter10
Sophomore
And1: 12

Re: Jarrett Allen Was Fouled In Final Seconds Of Nets' Loss, According To NBA 

Post#2 » by Heavyhitter10 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:32 am

He certainly was!!! Two or three times! This why I am relentlessly lobbying for a coach's challenge. In this case three refs chose not to call an obvious foul in the closing seconds of a close game. I can only speculate why but there needs to be a way to correct their error!
kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,195

Post#3 » by kenwood3333 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:43 am

The NBA has been doing these last 2 min reports through out the season and yet I have yet to hear any plans or actions to reduce/correct mistakes in the future.
gh123
Sixth Man
And1: 1,197

Post#4 » by gh123 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:44 am

Refs deliberately affect the outcomes, what a shocker.
MVP1992
Rookie
And1: 548

Post#5 » by MVP1992 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:31 am

Heavyhitter10 wrote:He certainly was!!! Two or three times! This why I am relentlessly lobbying for a coach's challenge. In this case three refs chose not to call an obvious foul in the closing seconds of a close game. I can only speculate why but there needs to be a way to correct their error!

Let's take a look at all of J. Allen's moving/ shoving/ blocking...dare I say it, illegal screens he carries out while we're at it!

All game, every game.
Mr. Biden shot back: “You’ve got more questions? Well, I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t Black.”
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,664

Post#6 » by hype_2004 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:37 am

NBA = WWE perhaps they need to change the A to an E as in National Basketball Entertainment, it's more appropriate.
CoreyGallagher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,924

Post#7 » by CoreyGallagher » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:59 am

Heavyhitter10 wrote:He certainly was!!! Two or three times! This why I am relentlessly lobbying for a coach's challenge. In this case three refs chose not to call an obvious foul in the closing seconds of a close game. I can only speculate why but there needs to be a way to correct their error!

They specify that one non-call, nothing afterward. Also in the L2M they mention Dinwiddie got away with a carried dribble in an earlier possession that resulted in a lay-up.

Regarding this actual headline, I don’t recall one for when the l2m revealed Embiid got fouled by Baynes on the final possession in the series against Boston...
CoreyGallagher wrote:I hope the Cavs don't take Embiid because then we'll take Embiid.
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#8 » by captain green » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:11 am

Every year it's getting worse and more obvious this is ran as entertainment and business no longer about accountability and integrity hasn't been since the 80's on anything really sports or anything else for that matter. The league is legit full of more super stars than the past though. So in some regards Westbrook getting 3rd year in a row triple double, harden, curry, etc.. I don't know a solution and don't know if league cares. In nfl saints and kc got **** just last year, It's a mess
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,881

Post#9 » by deeps6x » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:19 am

I couldn't agree with you more Captain Green.

#NBE sucks. Bring back the NBA. We used to have more of a sport and less of a business. Now it looks so bloody obvious that most games have the refs leaning towards helping the team that will provide better ratings in the next round.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,881

Post#10 » by deeps6x » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:25 am

hype_2004 wrote:NBA = WWE perhaps they need to change the A to an E as in National Basketball Entertainment, it's more appropriate.

Its been NBE to the disappointed fans for quite a while now.

The owners are already billionaires, but just have to keep forcing the business aspect instead of making it a fairly called sport where the better team will win a seven game series.

Portland and Toronto are getting screwed. The Nets were clearly screwed last night. A sad state of affairs just because the mega rich owners feel some need to get even richer. The .0001% are such douchbags sometimes.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
brannigan73
Rookie
And1: 610

Post#11 » by brannigan73 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:43 am

The officiating in that game was horrid but it mostly favored the Nets. The Sixers are one of the top teams in the league getting to the line and the Nets one of the worst and the Nets shot 10+ free throws more then the Sixers. Bogus flagrant on Embiid. Butler ejected for coming to Embiid's aid after getting pushed. Dinwiddie carried the ball with about 2 minutes to go I remember it watching the game thinking Dinwiddie just carried the ball! Jarrett Allen would have made 1 or zero free throws. The better team won so I dont know how anybody can get all wound up over this unless you are a Nets fan what are there like 10 of those. Embiid is at like 70% if he was healthy this would have been a sweep.
YelloC
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,489

Post#12 » by YelloC » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:32 am

League tryin’ to save Embiids knees for later rounds. :banghead:
Not2BeBothered
Junior
And1: 314

Post#13 » by Not2BeBothered » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:43 am

brannigan73 wrote:The officiating in that game was horrid but it mostly favored the Nets. The Sixers are one of the top teams in the league getting to the line and the Nets one of the worst and the Nets shot 10+ free throws more then the Sixers. Bogus flagrant on Embiid. Butler ejected for coming to Embiid's aid after getting pushed. Dinwiddie carried the ball with about 2 minutes to go I remember it watching the game thinking Dinwiddie just carried the ball! Jarrett Allen would have made 1 or zero free throws. The better team won so I dont know how anybody can get all wound up over this unless you are a Nets fan what are there like 10 of those. Embiid is at like 70% if he was healthy this would have been a sweep.

Lol
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#14 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:22 am

Look, I'm all for accountability, but to say that this missed class had one iota of influence on the final outcome is ridiculous. Thankfully, no one has yet... We know officiating is difficult. But the job is made harder when players put themselves in precarious situations.
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,741

Post#15 » by Johnny Bball » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:13 pm

They are starting to lose viewers, and they won’t fix the two problems that people leave over - player movement and officiating. There is nothing about the nba that looks legitimate after watching bad or biased officiating. Anyone can see it’s not a level field. The only question is why, and why can’t it be.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,060

Post#16 » by Laimbeer » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:30 pm

deeps6x wrote:
hype_2004 wrote:NBA = WWE perhaps they need to change the A to an E as in National Basketball Entertainment, it's more appropriate.

The owners are already billionaires, but just have to keep forcing the business aspect instead of making it a fairly called sport where the better team will win a seven game series.

Portland and Toronto are getting screwed. The Nets were clearly screwed last night. A sad state of affairs just because the mega rich owners feel some need to get even richer. The .0001% are such douchbags sometimes.

You're going to have to catch me up on this theory. Aren't they up 3-1?
SHFT
Head Coach
And1: 4,956

Post#17 » by SHFT » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:50 pm

MVP1992 wrote:

Let's take a look at all of J. Allen's moving/ shoving/ blocking...dare I say it, illegal screens he carries out while we're at it!

All game, every game.

Unless the NBA admits to that or the refs call it, you are speculating. Like every other fan does about their own teams lack of foul calls.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#18 » by KevinMcreynolds » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:55 pm

So sick of hearing about this call. There's more physical play at the end of playoffs games, you can get away with pushoffs and grabbing and it's been like that forever.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
SHFT
Head Coach
And1: 4,956

Post#19 » by SHFT » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:02 pm

Laimbeer wrote:
deeps6x wrote:

Cant speak for Portland but the Raptors (except for game 4) have been getting the short end of the stick. GAME 4 ASIDE, the raptors have averaged less 3's, more rebounds, more offensive rebounds and more points in the paint and for the first 3 games the Magic shot 26 more FT's (total) than the Raptors did. We got 5 more than they did in game 4.

Prior to game 4 (and this can be verified on in one of our threads via nba.com), Pascal and Kawhi had a combined 66 drive attempts and 1 foul called between them.

Now, I disagree that stars and superstars should automatically get the benefit of the doubt BUT the NBA has provided a precedent year after year that that is the case.

Reading the Magic board, most of them say the foul count is as lopsided as it was Clifford teams dont foul. So, best defence in the league after Feb 1 which has obviously stumbled in the playoffs. Raptors are basically scoring at will (the 2 close games, kyle had 0 points and was also kneed in the nuts and Kawhi had his worst game as a raptor by far and was apparently sick). So their defence isnt good enough to keep us in check (which is not a knock on the Magic) but they can compose themselves enough to not foul?

In game 3, the Magic were in the bonus in quarters 2, 3 and 4 with like 6 minutes left.

Makes no sense.
ishoy123
Starter
And1: 2,621

Post#20 » by ishoy123 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:14 pm

SHFT wrote:
Laimbeer wrote:
deeps6x wrote:

Cant speak for Portland but the Raptors (except for game 4) have been getting the short end of the stick. GAME 4 ASIDE, the raptors have averaged less 3's, more rebounds, more offensive rebounds and more points in the paint and for the first 3 games the Magic shot 26 more FT's (total) than the Raptors did. We got 5 more than they did in game 4.

Prior to game 4 (and this can be verified on in one of our threads via nba.com), Pascal and Kawhi had a combined 66 drive attempts and 1 foul called between them.

Now, I disagree that stars and superstars should automatically get the benefit of the doubt BUT the NBA has provided a precedent year after year that that is the case.

Reading the Magic board, most of them say the foul count is as lopsided as it was Clifford teams dont foul. So, best defence in the league after Feb 1 which has obviously stumbled in the playoffs. Raptors are basically scoring at will (the 2 close games, kyle had 0 points and was also kneed in the nuts and Kawhi had his worst game as a raptor by far and was apparently sick). So their defence isnt good enough to keep us in check (which is not a knock on the Magic) but they can compose themselves enough to not foul?

In game 3, the Magic were in the bonus in quarters 2, 3 and 4 with like 6 minutes left.

Makes no sense.

Yes this is all obviously part of a grand conspiracy to get kawhi to the clippers.

Return to Wiretap Discussion