Tyronn Lue Impresses Lakers, Makes 'Emotional Connection' With Jeanie Buss In Interview

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 295

Tyronn Lue Impresses Lakers, Makes 'Emotional Connection' With Jeanie Buss In Interview 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:57 am

Tyronn Lue impressed the Los Angeles Lakers with his level of preparation during his interview on Wednesday night, according to reports.

Lue showed off potential offensive and defensive sets during his meeting. Lue also reportedly talked to Tom Thibodeau about being his lead assistant, although Thibodeau still wants to be a head coach, according to Adrian Wojnarowski.

Wojnarowski added that Lue created an "emotional connection" with Jeanie Buss by discussing what the Lakers meant to him as a player and his desire to return to the franchise. 

Via Harrison Faigen/Silver Screen And Roll

RoundMoundOfRebound
RealGM
And1: 13,432

Re: Tyronn Lue Impresses Lakers, Makes 'Emotional Connection' With Jeanie Buss In Interview 

Post#2 » by RoundMoundOfRebound » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:13 am

lol
RipCityKJ
Senior
And1: 208

Re: Tyronn Lue Impresses Lakers, Makes 'Emotional Connection' With Jeanie Buss In Interview 

Post#3 » by RipCityKJ » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:28 am

Please let this happen!!! As a Blazers fan who grew up in the late 90s I love nothing more than seeing the Lakers suffer for as long as possible.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,344

Post#5 » by SlimShady83 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:14 am

Jeanie: don't be foolish.

#wewantmonty
My Personal Top 10 all time
Jordan, Russell, Bird, Duncan, Magic, Kobe, Curry, Shaq, Kareem, Bron

Top 5 will always be the same, 6-10 will change from time to time :)
I'm a Kobe fan
the13thjoker
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#6 » by the13thjoker » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:35 am

lol lets be real - he just pulled out a bunch of old Cavs plays, kept Lebron James on there and slapped Laker players on the others.
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#7 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:16 am

Given Tibs' propensity to run his players ragged, is there even a remote possibility Lebron okays this decision?
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#8 » by Vegeta10176 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:45 am

RipCityKJ wrote:Please let this happen!!! As a Blazers fan who grew up in the late 90s I love nothing more than seeing the Lakers suffer for as long as possible.

Lue is a better coach than Luke Walton so will be at least a step up and if they give LBJ the power well you see what has happened elsewhere been pretty successful he is no MJ in that department..
bb22
Starter
And1: 1,024

Post#9 » by bb22 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:07 am

RipCityKJ wrote:Please let this happen!!! As a Blazers fan who grew up in the late 90s I love nothing more than seeing the Lakers suffer for as long as possible.

As long as Jeanie is involved in any way, your wish will be granted.
manosg
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#10 » by manosg » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:25 am

Lue with Thibs as his lead assistant doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. Thibs was a great defensive coach for the Celtics and it's not like he will be responsible for the rotations.

Why do you guys prefer Monty Williams so much? Honest question.
itsme23
Rookie
And1: 1,064

Post#11 » by itsme23 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:10 pm

That's how you get a woman to do what you want. Use her emotions against her.

Lue you sly sly dog you 8-)
Jabroni Lames
Analyst
And1: 3,976

Post#12 » by Jabroni Lames » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:13 pm

Lue reminisced with Jeannie, brining back memories of the Laker glory days. Like this iconic moment...

Raptor_Guy
General Manager
And1: 3,069

Post#13 » by Raptor_Guy » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:30 pm

IAMZOOTED2 wrote:Given Tibs' propensity to run his players ragged, is there even a remote possibility Lebron okays this decision?

I can't imagine LeBron being happy to play for Thibs in any capacity, and for that reason I would love to see this actually happen.
Dino353
Sixth Man
And1: 1,246

Post#14 » by Dino353 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:59 pm

Being that the Lakers will more than likely not get Kyrie,Durant,Kawhi, or Klay they should focus on bringing in a coach who can get Lonzo Ball to shoot the 3 ball at a 35 percent clip at least. With just Lonzo Ball coming back next season the Lakers will win at least 40 games so long LeBron and Lonzo are healthy 70-75 games.

Brandon Ingram showed me enough the second half of this past season to believe he’ll be the second option behind LeBron next season. Kyle Kuzma wants to become a better all around player which is great for the Lakers so I’d keep him around. The Lakers should hire Tyronn Lue, he was once a point guard and can help Lonzo Ball become a star.
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 230

Post#15 » by cheese318 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:07 pm

Vegeta10176 wrote:

Lue is a better coach than Luke Walton so will be at least a step up and if they give LBJ the power well you see what has happened elsewhere been pretty successful he is no MJ in that department..

I agree with 50% of your statement. People laughing at Lue is funny. He made the team a title contender and won a chip. How many coaches can say they beat the best regular season team ever in the NBA finals?

Peanut Gallery will say LBJ was the coach but then if he was the coach you don’t give him any **** respect for what he does as a player/coach.
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
LukaMagic
Senior
And1: 683

Post#16 » by LukaMagic » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:09 pm

Dino353 wrote:Being that the Lakers will more than likely not get Kyrie,Durant,Kawhi, or Klay they should focus on bringing in a coach who can get Lonzo Ball to shoot the 3 ball at a 35 percent clip at least. With just Lonzo Ball coming back next season the Lakers will win at least 40 games so long LeBron and Lonzo are healthy 70-75 games.

Brandon Ingram showed me enough the second half of this past season to believe he’ll be the second option behind LeBron next season. Kyle Kuzma wants to become a better all around player which is great for the Lakers so I’d keep him around. The Lakers should hire Tyronn Lue, he was once a point guard and can help Lonzo Ball become a star.

What are you people smoking?

Lonzo will win you at least 40 games? Let just say that is possible. And what then? Where will that get you? Certainly not to the playoffs.
Ingram being a second option? Are you sure he is even going to play next season? Or ever again for that matter?
Tyronn Lue was once a point guard sure, a really terrible one but somehow he is going to help Lonzo shoot 35% from 3pt land and become a star. Did he ever help develop anyone? He is not a coach, he is a bobblehead.

I get it, optimism is all you have left, but cmon, let's at least try to be semi-realistic.

:crazy:
LukaMagic
Senior

Post#17 » by LukaMagic » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:13 pm

cheese318 wrote:
Vegeta10176 wrote:

I agree with 50% of your statement. People laughing at Lue is funny. He made the team a title contender and won a chip. How many coaches can say they beat the best regular season team ever in the NBA finals?

Peanut Gallery will say LBJ was the coach but then if he was the coach you don’t give him any **** respect for what he does as a player/coach.

That would be Blatt.

I am not sure how much of an impact Lue had in Cavs winning a chip, but I would love to see him actually building a team from the ground up. He would look as clueless as ever..

FreeBoosie
Senior
And1: 120

Post#18 » by FreeBoosie » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:17 pm

Is Jeanie seeing anyone these days? She already got a womanizer running their WNBA team in D-Fish and now they got Ty Lue here making all these “emotional connections” with Jeanie. F**k this basketball thing which the Buss kids aren’t great at anyways. Instead they about to give the Kardashian klan a run for their money with Lebron having his own spinoff snow like brave Kaitlin Jenner did lmao
LukaMagic
Senior

Post#19 » by LukaMagic » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:24 pm

Looking for positives in something as **** as hiring Lue as Lakers' next HC is as silly as people being positive getting Rondo, Lance, Beas and Javale last offseason. Same "Magic is playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers" bull**** all over again. :banghead:
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 230

Post#20 » by cheese318 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:25 pm

LukaMagic wrote:
cheese318 wrote:
Vegeta10176 wrote:

That would be Blatt.

I am not sure how much of an impact Lue had in Cavs winning a chip, but I would love to see him actually building a team from the ground up. He would look as clueless as ever..

Ummm that was just stupidity at its finest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:

Return to Wiretap Discussion