Kyrie Irving Could Prefer Nets Over Knicks

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Kyrie Irving Could Prefer Nets Over Knicks 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon May 6, 2019 1:27 pm

Kyrie Irving will strongly consider the Brooklyn Nets this offseason, according to "some plugged-in to the NBA."

One source says Irving actually prefers the Nets over the New York Knicks.

Irving was traded by the Cleveland Cavaliers to the Boston Celtics during the 2017 offseason and he has had a sometimes tumultuous tenure with the team.

Via Stefan Bondy/New York Daily News

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Re: Kyrie Irving Could Prefer Nets Over Knicks 

Post#2 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon May 6, 2019 2:31 pm

As a Nets fan, I love to see this. Personally, I think Russell and Irving could coexist, and complement each other well. I'm not sure there would be a large role for Dinwiddie anymore, but I have faith that our FO would work it out if Kyrie came.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Post#3 » by King4Day » Mon May 6, 2019 2:50 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:As a Nets fan, I love to see this. Personally, I think Russell and Irving could coexist, and complement each other well. I'm not sure there would be a large role for Dinwiddie anymore, but I have faith that our FO would work it out if Kyrie came.

If they have to choose one, would they pick Irving over Russel? Especially if there's a chance at KD also.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,487

Post#4 » by RHODEY » Mon May 6, 2019 2:54 pm

As a nets fan you want to believe this..but its not true...
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#5 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon May 6, 2019 3:05 pm

DarkHawk wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:As a Nets fan, I love to see this. Personally, I think Russell and Irving could coexist, and complement each other well. I'm not sure there would be a large role for Dinwiddie anymore, but I have faith that our FO would work it out if Kyrie came.

If they have to choose one, would they pick Irving over Russel? Especially if there's a chance at KD also.

I personally would choose D'Angelo for $27mil/yr for ages 23-28 over Kyrie at $33mil/yr for ages 27-31. I don't know for certain what our FO would do. Irving is definitely better right now, and we're lucky to have either. But you asked me to choose...
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Dino353
Sixth Man
And1: 1,246

Post#6 » by Dino353 » Mon May 6, 2019 3:14 pm

Why in the world would the Nets sign Kyrie Irving when their backcourt is set with Russell and LeVert. I was big on Jayson Tatum but Kyrie Irving should see that he would be the franchise player in Boston for 4-5 years if he re-signs.

If the Nets should get anyone it should be Tobias Harris being he’s a stretch 4 who fits well alongside Jarrett Allen in the frontcourt.
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#7 » by Killboard » Mon May 6, 2019 3:16 pm

Who doesnt?
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#8 » by King of Canada » Mon May 6, 2019 3:31 pm

The only thing you need to read here is that it's a story by Bondy and you know it's BS and just typical Bondy trolling
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#9 » by Psubs » Mon May 6, 2019 3:40 pm

Dino353 wrote:Why in the world would the Nets sign Kyrie Irving when their backcourt is set with Russell and LeVert. I was big on Jayson Tatum but Kyrie Irving should see that he would be the franchise player in Boston for 4-5 years if he re-signs.

If the Nets should get anyone it should be Tobias Harris being he’s a stretch 4 who fits well alongside Jarrett Allen in the frontcourt.

Agreed. Steal Harris from Philly!

Also the Knicks can have Kyrie and Butler in NY also Durant. Trade Knox (and/or Ntilikina or Mudiay) to dump Lance Thomas' salary.
VancouverRaps
Head Coach
And1: 12,852

Post#10 » by VancouverRaps » Mon May 6, 2019 6:47 pm

I always find it hilarious that these reports come out while these dudes are still playing in the playoffs.

Like is Kyrie going home and thinking about which non-playoff team he''ll sign with next year and then sharing that info with these "sources" or are these "sources" just made up?
We the Champs
VancouverRaps
Head Coach
And1: 12,852

Post#11 » by VancouverRaps » Mon May 6, 2019 6:49 pm

Dino353 wrote:Why in the world would the Nets sign Kyrie Irving when their backcourt is set with Russell and LeVert. I was big on Jayson Tatum but Kyrie Irving should see that he would be the franchise player in Boston for 4-5 years if he re-signs.

Because the Nets need a player who can take over a game offensively, adding Harris would be nice but they still would not be considered a threat to win more than maybe 1 round in the playoffs.

You can have a roster full of quality players, but without an elite offensive talent, your ceiling is limited in today's NBA.
We the Champs
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,387

Post#12 » by thebuzzardman » Mon May 6, 2019 7:10 pm

Isiah Thomas, is that you?
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,974

Post#13 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon May 6, 2019 7:38 pm

Psubs wrote:

Agreed. Steal Harris from Philly!

Also the Knicks can have Kyrie and Butler in NY also Durant. Trade Knox (and/or Ntilikina or Mudiay) to dump Lance Thomas' salary.

the knicks can just dump lance thomas to dump lance thomas' salary. he only has $1m guaranteed. but that is also factoring into the $74m cap space.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
PANDEMONEUM
Analyst
And1: 403

Post#14 » by PANDEMONEUM » Mon May 6, 2019 7:43 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:
DarkHawk wrote:

I personally would choose D'Angelo for $27mil/yr for ages 23-28 over Kyrie at $33mil/yr for ages 27-31. I don't know for certain what our FO would do. Irving is definitely better right now, and we're lucky to have either. But you asked me to choose...

GREAT point.
u dont want Kyrie at 33$M or more per.
if the Celtics dont get out of the 2nd round,
its Kyrie + Horford, Brown, Tatum etc
what would people expect from Kyrie + his new teammates?
probably not much better.
but would be Kyrie + way more $
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#15 » by br7knicks » Mon May 6, 2019 7:44 pm

Too bad, so sad

:wave:

This is me not caring because it wasn't going to happen anyway
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith