Knicks Have Interest In Kemba Walker

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Knicks Have Interest In Kemba Walker 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu May 9, 2019 10:57 pm

The New York Knicks have interest in Kemba Walker in free agency.

Kyrie Irving has been linked with the Knicks, but there are some within the organization who are also high on Walker. Walker has spent his entire career with the Charlotte Hornets, but he's from the New York area.

Many believe the Knicks would attempt to sign whichever free agent Kevin Durant directs them to should he commit.

Irving is expected to also consider the Brooklyn Nets in addition to possibly re-signing with the Boston Celtics.

Via Ian Begley/SNY.tv

nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,676

Re: Knicks Have Interest In Kemba Walker 

Post#2 » by nedleeds » Thu May 9, 2019 11:47 pm

Sincerely,
Kemba Walkers Agent
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
Joest2003
Analyst
And1: 1,234

Post#3 » by Joest2003 » Fri May 10, 2019 12:28 am

Kyrie Irving without the bi polar attitude. Why wouldn't they want him?
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#4 » by alienpick » Fri May 10, 2019 12:30 am

Knicks have interest in any star player. (There, fixed it for you)
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 16,658

Post#5 » by Im Coming Home » Fri May 10, 2019 12:49 am

No thank you.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#6 » by 316Hornets » Fri May 10, 2019 1:32 am

Of course they are interested in Kemba. Give me a choice between Kemba and Kyrie and it's a no brainer. Kyrie will probably be pouting within 2 years and demand a trade somewhere, something that is about a 0% chance of Kemba doing.
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
BigTex
Senior
And1: 79

Post#7 » by BigTex » Fri May 10, 2019 7:33 am

Probably because they’re figuring out Durant has half a dozen better options than the Knicks.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#8 » by Vegeta10176 » Fri May 10, 2019 8:14 am

316Hornets wrote:Of course they are interested in Kemba. Give me a choice between Kemba and Kyrie and it's a no brainer. Kyrie will probably be pouting within 2 years and demand a trade somewhere, something that is about a 0% chance of Kemba doing.

Kyrie is taller and a better shooter than Kemba Kyrie has a championship.. Both have flaws and would never be the number 1 on a team but Kemba has more flaws and is older..
GordanFreeman
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,165

Post#9 » by GordanFreeman » Fri May 10, 2019 10:07 am

I hope thet make a splash in free agency and give the max to both Kemba and Kyrie. It'd be a feel good story for the rest of the league
Galou
Pro Prospect
And1: 643

Post#10 » by Galou » Fri May 10, 2019 10:23 am

Say word son.
Hell yeah yo.
Let's do this.
Come home fam.
Retire with the Knicks
F$+*k the Nets.
Joest2003
Analyst
And1: 1,234

Post#11 » by Joest2003 » Fri May 10, 2019 2:19 pm

Vegeta10176 wrote:
316Hornets wrote:Of course they are interested in Kemba. Give me a choice between Kemba and Kyrie and it's a no brainer. Kyrie will probably be pouting within 2 years and demand a trade somewhere, something that is about a 0% chance of Kemba doing.

Kyrie is taller and a better shooter than Kemba Kyrie has a championship.. Both have flaws and would never be the number 1 on a team but Kemba has more flaws and is older..

Would he have that championship if Lebron never came back to Cle? And let's not talk about Kyries shooting right now. He was atrocious in the playoffs.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,883

Post#12 » by MrDollarBills » Fri May 10, 2019 2:34 pm

Priming the pump in the media for when Durant doesn't go to the Knicks, huh?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Dino353
Sixth Man
And1: 1,246

Post#13 » by Dino353 » Fri May 10, 2019 2:54 pm

What I am trying to make sense of is why are the Knicks sending assistants to work with Alonzo Trier,Dennis Smith Jr, and Mitchell Robinson if they plan on bringing over Kemba Walker or Kyrie Irving who will take Dennis’s spot. What was the point of trading for Dennis if you aren’t prioritizing him as your franchise point guard?

The Knicks are an absolute mess and I don’t understand what they are building.
CKB
Senior
And1: 1,178

Post#14 » by CKB » Fri May 10, 2019 3:58 pm

Dino353 wrote:What I am trying to make sense of is why are the Knicks sending assistants to work with Alonzo Trier,Dennis Smith Jr, and Mitchell Robinson if they plan on bringing over Kemba Walker or Kyrie Irving who will take Dennis’s spot. What was the point of trading for Dennis if you aren’t prioritizing him as your franchise point guard?

It's absolutely fine to have both DSJ and a star point guard. It is working well in Portland with Lillard and Mccollum...
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#15 » by The_Hater » Fri May 10, 2019 4:03 pm

Dino353 wrote:What I am trying to make sense of is why are the Knicks sending assistants to work with Alonzo Trier,Dennis Smith Jr, and Mitchell Robinson if they plan on bringing over Kemba Walker or Kyrie Irving who will take Dennis’s spot. What was the point of trading for Dennis if you aren’t prioritizing him as your franchise point guard?

Because:

1. You don't know which free-agents will or will not sign with you so you can't assume that you're getting one of either Irving and Walker or anybody else for that matter. At the same time, if one of them wants to become a Knick you don't turn them down just because you already have Trier and Smith. Adding better players is a good thing. Adding better players after a 20 win season is a good thing.

2. You seem to be assuming that just because they sign a big free-agent, those younger players won't play any minutes, which obviously wouldn't be the case. You need a lot of bodies to make up a rotation.

3. Just because they're not starting doesn't mean that you stop developing your younger talent. That doesn't even make sense. Even if the long term plan is to eventually trade that player it's to the benefit of the team that he improves.

4. The Knicks are a lot of things, but calling them an 'absolute mess' just because they're trying to sign better players through free-agent and simultaneously develop the ones they already have would be the opposite of that.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
BigTex
Senior
And1: 79

Post#16 » by BigTex » Fri May 10, 2019 10:13 pm

CKB wrote:

It's absolutely fine to have both DSJ and a star point guard. It is working well in Portland with Lillard and Mccollum...

And DSJ certainly reacted well to sharing PG duties with Luka in Dallas. It's not like it was a prima donna or anthing!! :lol:
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,881

Post#17 » by engelmartin » Fri May 10, 2019 11:20 pm

Maybe they can trade some of their garbage players for him.
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#18 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Sat May 11, 2019 12:30 pm

Im Coming Home wrote:No thank you.

Kemba, that you?
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,689

Post#19 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat May 11, 2019 6:10 pm

No. We don't. But I hear Dallas is wonderful this time of year.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,689

Post#20 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat May 11, 2019 6:14 pm

Funny, how is it we never see you on the Knicks forum? Anyhow, no, we're not an "absolute mess." In fact, we're heading in the right direction with a lot of flexibility on how to improve the team. #Flexibility. We could max out a couple of top FAs. We could simply continue to rebuild through the draft and acquiring young talent. Or we could make trades to acquire other team's albatross contract along with their first and second round picks and do it that way. We also have some very nice, young, athletic talent.
Free Palestine

Return to Wiretap Discussion