Alvin Gentry After Winning Lottery: Anthony Davis Situation Will Take Care Of Itself

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Alvin Gentry After Winning Lottery: Anthony Davis Situation Will Take Care Of Itself 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed May 15, 2019 5:31 am

Alvin Gentry described his excitement once he realized that the New Orleans Pelicans won the NBA lottery.

"I try to look at all our combinations and then they said, 'The winner is the New Orleans Pelicans.' And I said, 'F--- yeah!' And then I said, 'Excuse me, I'm sorry,'" said Gentry.

Gentry added that he's going to let David Griffin handle what happens next with Anthony Davis.

"Guys, the one thing you got to understand is, [Davis] is still on our roster. He is on our roster. All of that will take care of itself. I'm not worried about it. I know Griff has some plans to talk to him, and it will be fine," Gentry added.

Griffin said that while he wants Davis to be part of the new Pelicans era, he will handle the situation accordingly.

"From my perspective, I want Anthony Davis to want what we're doing. I want Anthony Davis to want to be part of this. And I'm not focused on much of anything other than, 'Let's get better tomorrow.' If Anthony wants to buy into that, that's fantastic. And if he doesn't, then we'll deal with it when it's appropriate."

Via Marc Spears/ESPN

Return to Wiretap Discussion