Kevin Durant, DeMarcus Cousins To Be Reevaluated In One Week

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 294

Kevin Durant, DeMarcus Cousins To Be Reevaluated In One Week 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri May 17, 2019 4:07 am

The Golden State Warriors ruled out Kevin Durant for games 3 and 4 with a calf strain.

"At this point, Durant is not ready to advance to on-court work," said the team in a statement.

DeMarcus Cousins, meanwhile, has impressed the organization with his progress from a torn quad injury.

The Warriors, who are up 2-0 in the Western Conference finals against the Blazers, will reevaluate both Durant and Cousins in one week. 

Via Nick Friedell/ESPN

Pickled Prunes
General Manager
And1: 1,225

Re: Kevin Durant, DeMarcus Cousins To Be Reevaluated In One Week 

Post#2 » by Pickled Prunes » Fri May 17, 2019 4:08 am

No need to hurry!
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#3 » by luss54321 » Fri May 17, 2019 6:39 am

I've always wondered why teams announce that players will miss future games like this, especially in a playoff series. Is it a common courtesy to the opposing team? Is there some incentive to announcing future missed games?

Otherwise I don't see the point in doing it. Now Portland knows they don't need to prepare for Durant. I know it's a small issue, but wouldn't it be in GS's best interest to keep this day to day so Portland doesn't know which scenario to prepare for?
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#4 » by donaldtrump_00 » Fri May 17, 2019 8:12 am

It's funny you want to be quite about something so obvious. KD is out for 3 weeks. Calf injuries take that much time to heal. I know because I had one. The meds can heal it much sooner but if he has a real severe one he's out a couple more weeks. Cousins will return faster. Good news is the warriors don't need him right now. They should lose the next two to help KD for the finals. Calf strains are signs of lack of stretching
Popsicle1228
Junior
And1: 326

Post#5 » by Popsicle1228 » Fri May 17, 2019 12:09 pm

How many teams could lose a top 5 player and an additional all-star and still be favored to win a Conference Finals? Let alone an NBA championship?

No wonder the league is trying to sell us with the slogan “This is why we play the game.”

Return to Wiretap Discussion