Re: Nick Nurse Says He Counted 15 Illegal Defenses On Brook Lopez In Game 2

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Nick Nurse Says He Counted 15 Illegal Defenses On Brook Lopez In Game 2 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun May 19, 2019 2:48 am

Nick Nurse said that Toronto Raptors' bigs need to make Brook Lopez pay for not coming out of the lane on defense.

"They're loading a lot, and Lopez never leaves the lane. I think I counted 15 illegal defenses on the film, but I ain't gonna count that. Your big has to be able to make 'em pay from the perimeter. You need a spacing big that can hit, or get to the next action because he's in the paint," said Nurse.

Nurse also found inspiration in the Thunder coming back against the Spurs while down 2-0 in the 2012 playoffs.

"I find the solace when OKC got beat by 34 and 24 and went down 2-0 and then won four straight against a great, great, great, great San Antonio team. I don't know. I don't really give a crap about that. I just want our team to come play their ass off [Sunday night] and get one game and it changes the series," Nurse added.

Via Tim Bontemps/ESPN

GusT15
Bench Warmer
And1: 3,272

Post#2 » by GusT15 » Sun May 19, 2019 3:54 am

This has to be the first time Raptor fans are generally not complaining about officiating and here comes their Head Coach to complain about the refs.

And for what? Lane violation? Cause Marc isn't hitting anything and Lopez can rim protect all day?
So instead of gameplanning against it or making line up adjustments you complain to the media?
So Lopez will think twice about where to stand or the refs will be quicker to call a "LANE VIOLATION"?
To get a "mental advantage"?
Go ahead buddy,cause you sure as hell don't have a coaching advantage.
You're such a disappointment of a coach Nick Nurse.

And good job reminding Kawhi about the '12 series vs OKC! Make that your locker room pep talk! It's not like Danny Green and Leonard were a huge part of that choke job! So inspiring!
Joke of a coach smh

(And OKC got beat by 3 and 9 to go down 2-0.The blowout was in 2016 not 2012.)
GordanFreeman
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,165

Post#3 » by GordanFreeman » Sun May 19, 2019 4:27 am

GusT15 wrote:This has to be the first time Raptor fans are generally not complaining about officiating and here comes their Head Coach to complain about the refs.

And for what? Lane violation? Cause Marc isn't hitting anything and Lopez can rim protect all day?
So instead of gameplanning against it or making line up adjustments you complain to the media?
So Lopez will think twice about where to stand or the refs will be quicker to call a "LANE VIOLATION"?

And good job reminding Kawhi about the '12 series vs OKC! Make that your locker room pep talk! It's not like Danny Green and Leonard were a huge part of that choke job! So inspiring!
Joke of a coach smh

I'm happy he called them out. Don't bite your tongue Nick. Get Tannenbaum in the commish's ear, put together some tape too. There's no such thing as pettiness this time of the year, it's all mind games. We got to try everything to win. I'm not opposed to hard fouls on their top players. It's clear that Milwaukee is the 2nd best team in the league after GS and like GS they get away with a ton (GS moving screens, draymond's antics, etc, mil bigs camping in paint, Giannis' travels,etc)
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Post#4 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Sun May 19, 2019 4:51 am

GusT15 wrote:This has to be the first time Raptor fans are generally not complaining about officiating and here comes their Head Coach to complain about the refs.

Joke of a coach smh

If someone is violating the rules and gaining a competitive advantage as a result, I'd say complaining about enforcement is the least you can do/expect and it's a part of nurse's job, as well as making necessary adjustments or whatnot. Assuming Lopez is camping out in the lane and that's illegal, the refs should be enforcing that. That's their job.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
Perseus1966
Veteran
And1: 1,159

Post#5 » by Perseus1966 » Sun May 19, 2019 6:15 am

Every 3rd quarter Bucks play against 8 ,refs try to save Raptors from defeat ,we dodged 2 bullets ,the 3rd?
I want RoLo to be my son in law!
bb22
Starter
And1: 984

Post#6 » by bb22 » Sun May 19, 2019 6:38 am

This is so desperate.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,928

Post#7 » by Reeko » Sun May 19, 2019 11:51 am

I'd be frustrated too if every time my team went into the paint it looked more like a volley ball game than an NBA game.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
r0drig0lac
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,297

Post#8 » by r0drig0lac » Sun May 19, 2019 12:45 pm

:roll: wow, welcome to new nba ERA (2015- )
Mwd1981
Pro Prospect
And1: 124

Post#9 » by Mwd1981 » Sun May 19, 2019 2:30 pm

Good. I hope you lose with unskilled players.

NBA should stop making artificial rules to bastardise game.

Make a jumper!
Heavyhitter10
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#10 » by Heavyhitter10 » Sun May 19, 2019 2:56 pm

There are other rules that are not enforced! When was the last time a 3-second violation was called? Traveling (palming the ball) is another.

Return to Wiretap Discussion