Re: LeBron James Has Been Recruiting Kawhi Leonard, Jimmy Butler

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

LeBron James Has Been Recruiting Kawhi Leonard, Jimmy Butler 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri May 24, 2019 1:12 am

LeBron James has begun his recruiting efforts to bolster the Los Angeles Lakers' roster this offseason in free agency.

The Lakers enter the offseason widely considered a longshot to sign someone on the level of Kawhi Leonard or Kevin Durant.

"From what I understand, he has already begun the recruiting process," said Brian Windhorst. "I have heard he has had contact with Kawhi Leonard. I have heard he has had contact with Jimmy Butler. There's no tampering enforcement by players. While Magic Johnson, the guy who got trouble for tampering before is no longer there, LeBron is tamperer-in-chief of the Lakers right now. The thing about it is, I don't know if texts and calls and maybe a dinner with LeBron is enough for the Lakers to overcome the hurdles they're going to have.

"I just don't think the Lakers can be choosy. To be honest, I think the Lakers really have to look at the trade market. Would they be willing to make an offer Bradley Beal? Would they be willing to make an offer for a guy like DeMar Rozan who could possibly be on the trade block depending on whether the Spurs want to extend his contract? Would they be willing to wait for Anthony Davis a year from now?"

Via Brian Windhorst/ESPN

tigerae
Rookie
And1: 233

Post#2 » by tigerae » Fri May 24, 2019 1:29 am

That's too funny. First off, I highly doubt LeBron has contacted Kawhi while in the playoff run and asked him to join the Lakers. Maybe to congratulate him on the wins. Second, players talk all the time. A lot of them are friends from back when they were kids so just because they have dinner or text/call each other doesn't mean that they are recruiting each other. Even if they are, this isn't the first time players want to play together. I'm sure Zion and RJ would love to play together at some point down the line and have talked about how great it would be to play on the same team in the NBA.

Big freaking deal.

Also, it sounds like Brian Windhorst is a complete Laker hater. Lakers have tons of cap space and will get meetings with some of these free agents. While their front office is dysfunctional right now, there's still some time until July 1st to get it together and have good pitches. It may not work, but no one really knows until the players make their decisions.

Also, unless Boston is willing to give up Tatum or Brown for AD during draft night without having any guarantees from Kyrie on staying (which in turn would mean AD is more than likely leaving next year without Kyrie and Tatum or Brown) I think the Lakers will end up pulling a trade for AD now that they have the 4th pick that they can add. Possibly the 7th pick as well from Chicago if the Lonzo Ball rumors are true.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#3 » by hyberx » Fri May 24, 2019 1:49 am

Yo Kawhi, Jimmy, let me show you how to get into the playoff. :lol:
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Post#4 » by TimRobbins » Fri May 24, 2019 1:58 am

Nobody wants to play with this version of Lebron.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,431

Post#5 » by mtcan » Fri May 24, 2019 2:00 am

I hate this daily Lakers and Lebron talk. There is a playoff race going on still. Be respectful of the teams and players still involved.
kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,190

Post#6 » by kenwood3333 » Fri May 24, 2019 2:06 am

I heard LeBron and Draymond were good friends off the court. Perhaps he can convince Dray to sign a max offer with the Lakers?
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,213

Post#7 » by Red8911 » Fri May 24, 2019 2:15 am

Both Kawhi and Jimmy want to be alphas in their team and not be Lebrons bch.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#8 » by likashing » Fri May 24, 2019 3:46 am

No one wants to be the guy under the bus when LeBron loses. When they win you don’t get much credit either.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
likashing
Head Coach

Post#9 » by likashing » Fri May 24, 2019 3:56 am

Seriously Kawhi has taken his team to the ECF and probably the Finals. Why would he want to join LeBron who can’t even make an #8 seed?

LeBron isn’t recruiting. He is begging people to join him. But look in the mirror, why the heck would other join you? No reason at all.

Only thing you can do is put them into Space Jam 2.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
Rip32
Rookie
And1: 181

Post#10 » by Rip32 » Fri May 24, 2019 4:03 am

I bet both say f ck LeBron

:nod: DETROIT VS EVERYBODY :nod:

I have no love for rogue moderators who abuse their authority
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#11 » by Vegeta10176 » Fri May 24, 2019 4:07 am

likashing wrote:Seriously Kawhi has taken his team to the ECF and probably the Finals. Why would he want to join LeBron who can’t even make an #8 seed?

LeBron isn’t recruiting. He is begging people to join him. But look in the mirror, why the heck would other join you? No reason at all.

Yes because LBJ never lead a team to the finals before.. He just fell of a cliff.. Maybe you don't watch the game but Toronto was a 69 win team last season swapped out Derozan for Kawhi and added Marc Gasol.. And have seen a player bloom in Siakam.. LBJ was injured this year after leading a 35 win team that btw lost most of their talent in that 35 win team I.e.. Lopez and Randle so were more like a 20 win team but prior to injury LBJ had them 4th in the West... Toronto have a team that can win without Kawhi see what happened to the cavs when LBJ missed games even when Kyrie was playing they lost and you see how they lose now he is gone.. Now if Kawhi wins it all staying in Toronto makes sense but if they lose badly or don't make it to finals joining LBJ where they can stagger minutes makes a lot of sense.. If they could also add AD in a trade they may become a dynasty your a fool if you think LBJ has suddenly become a bad player.. Kawhi and LBJ would be a great match.. That said I'd Kawhi just wants to play on his own for the clippers is be like fair enough though I doubt he wins with that team unless they get another star.. I also doubt Toronto win it all despite their unquestioned talent in Gasol Ibaka Lowry Siakim.. even vanfleet I don't think it's enough because the best player in a series would be Kawhi but then it would be Steph Klay Draymond Iggy.. Then Siakim.. But if your point is Kawhi is a great player then I 100 percent agree...
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by Vegeta10176 » Fri May 24, 2019 4:11 am

Red8911 wrote:Both Kawhi and Jimmy want to be alphas in their team and not be Lebrons bch.

What player was LBJs bitch every player got a max contract once he left minus an ailing wade who got plenty of credit.. Kyrie was given tons of credit.. Bosh was fantastic given a max.. Love did not perform at times but got a max extension.. Kawhi is the best player right now so no way he joins LBJ would he be anything but a co star.. Jimmy Butler well let him be the alpha how did that work out in Chicago.. He is not someone who can be the best player on a championship team but would take him over Kemba
BigHustle
Pro Prospect
And1: 156

Post#13 » by BigHustle » Fri May 24, 2019 4:12 am

Red8911 wrote:Both Kawhi and Jimmy want to be alphas in their team and not be Lebrons bch.

I think jimmy wants to get paid. Not sure how putting jimmy and king on the court at the same time makes sense....
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man

Post#14 » by Vegeta10176 » Fri May 24, 2019 4:13 am

likashing wrote:No one wants to be the guy under the bus when LeBron loses. When they win you don’t get much credit either.

The reason Kyrie is under the pump now is because he got so much credit.. Kawhi won without LBJ so no one will question him anyway.. Wade as well was given credit Bosh too.. You could say Love was thrown under a bit but he under performed till the last year where he was pretty good and then didn't get critism so your full of it...
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by Vegeta10176 » Fri May 24, 2019 4:16 am

tigerae wrote:That's too funny. First off, I highly doubt LeBron has contacted Kawhi while in the playoff run and asked him to join the Lakers. Maybe to congratulate him on the wins. Second, players talk all the time. A lot of them are friends from back when they were kids so just because they have dinner or text/call each other doesn't mean that they are recruiting each other. Even if they are, this isn't the first time players want to play together. I'm sure Zion and RJ would love to play together at some point down the line and have talked about how great it would be to play on the same team in the NBA.

Big freaking deal.

Also, it sounds like Brian Windhorst is a complete Laker hater. Lakers have tons of cap space and will get meetings with some of these free agents. While their front office is dysfunctional right now, there's still some time until July 1st to get it together and have good pitches. It may not work, but no one really knows until the players make their decisions.

Also, unless Boston is willing to give up Tatum or Brown for AD during draft night without having any guarantees from Kyrie on staying (which in turn would mean AD is more than likely leaving next year without Kyrie and Tatum or Brown) I think the Lakers will end up pulling a trade for AD now that they have the 4th pick that they can add. Possibly the 7th pick as well from Chicago if the Lonzo Ball rumors are true.

Yeah LBJ and AD defo contenders.. I would not pair RJ with Zion they did not win the tournament together and RJ would stunt ziond growth they need a pass first PG.. Especially if they hang on to Holiday hence Lonzo with Kuzma Ingram pick 4 would be a great package..
likashing
Head Coach

Post#16 » by likashing » Fri May 24, 2019 4:19 am

Vegeta10176 wrote:
likashing wrote:Seriously Kawhi has taken his team to the ECF and probably the Finals. Why would he want to join LeBron who can’t even make an #8 seed?

Yes because LBJ never lead a team to the finals before.. He just fell of a cliff.. Maybe you don't watch the game but Toronto was a 69 win team last season swapped out Derozan for Kawhi and added Marc Gasol.. And have seen a player bloom in Siakam.. LBJ was injured this year after leading a 35 win team that btw lost most of their talent in that 35 win team I.e.. Lopez and Randle so were more like a 20 win team but prior to injury LBJ had them 4th in the West... Toronto have a team that can win without Kawhi see what happened to the cavs when LBJ missed games even when Kyrie was playing they lost and you see how they lose now he is gone.. Now if Kawhi wins it all staying in Toronto makes sense but if they lose badly or don't make it to finals joining LBJ where they can stagger minutes makes a lot of sense.. If they could also add AD in a trade they may become a dynasty your a fool if you think LBJ has suddenly become a bad player.. Kawhi and LBJ would be a great match.. That said I'd Kawhi just wants to play on his own for the clippers is be like fair enough though I doubt he wins with that team unless they get another star.. I also doubt Toronto win it all despite their unquestioned talent in Gasol Ibaka Lowry Siakim.. even vanfleet I don't think it's enough because the best player in a series would be Kawhi but then it would be Steph Klay Draymond Iggy.. Then Siakim.. But if your point is Kawhi is a great player then I 100 percent agree...

Vegeta you never get anything right it is funny. The Raptors did not win 69 games.

LeBron played 60 something games and got home court in the East and you didn’t know either from a previous thread.

Fan bois like to blame injury but I wasn’t surprised at all when he couldn’t even make the #8 seed in the West when playing a similar amount of games.
tigerae
Rookie
And1: 233

Post#17 » by tigerae » Fri May 24, 2019 4:23 am

Vegeta10176 wrote:
tigerae wrote:That's too funny. First off, I highly doubt LeBron has contacted Kawhi while in the playoff run and asked him to join the Lakers. Maybe to congratulate him on the wins. Second, players talk all the time. A lot of them are friends from back when they were kids so just because they have dinner or text/call each other doesn't mean that they are recruiting each other. Even if they are, this isn't the first time players want to play together. I'm sure Zion and RJ would love to play together at some point down the line and have talked about how great it would be to play on the same team in the NBA.

Big freaking deal.

Yeah LBJ and AD defo contenders.. I would not pair RJ with Zion they did not win the tournament together and RJ would stunt ziond growth they need a pass first PG.. Especially if they hang on to Holiday hence Lonzo with Kuzma Ingram pick 4 would be a great package..
I was just referring to Zion and RJ probably talking about wanting to play together down the road since they are good friends now. As the article mentioned how LeBron is talking to other players about playing together.

I do agree with you, I don't think Zion and RJ should do that now as they both need to grow in to their own players. Who knows what will happen down the road, though.
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,873

Post#18 » by deeps6x » Fri May 24, 2019 4:25 am

DeRozan would be great next to LBJ. His best games for the Raptors tended to be the ones where Lowry was shooting really well and sucking the extra defender into double teaming him. It let DD do his thang one on one. Those two had a pile of 60 point combined games. The problem was Lowry was only having those hot shooting games every other game. When he was off, DD would get doubled and that would hurt his performance as well.

But with LBJ, well you know there will be a double team all the time on LBJ. It would really open things up for DD. I bet he could be traded for rather cheaply. Call him a plan B option. I just can't see KD or Kawhi wanting to play with LeBron. Butler is probably the 'realistic' plan A. Harris or Middleton would be plan C.

Irving? Who knows.

CP3? Was he throwing Harden under the bus? Maybe he wants to be traded to LAL as well.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
Ions
Senior
And1: 1,408

Post#19 » by Ions » Fri May 24, 2019 6:56 am

He can recruit these nutz
Inklink
RealGM
And1: 19,214

Post#20 » by Inklink » Fri May 24, 2019 8:32 am