Re: Adam Silver: Everything Is Going Spectacularly Right Now For NBA

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Adam Silver: Everything Is Going Spectacularly Right Now For NBA 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu May 30, 2019 1:53 pm

The NBA has six years remaining on their $24 billion national television contracts with Disney and Turner. The NBA is also aggressively expanding international and is beginning to earn real revenue overseas, particularly in China.

Silver is bullish on the state of the NBA.

“The sound you hear is me knocking on my wooden table,” Silver said. “It is our job to look around corners, but I think everything is going spectacularly right now.”

In this era of streaming, Silver believes the surge in entertainment options is both a challenge and an opportunity.

“The biggest challenge is also the greatest opportunity, in that people have more choices for entertainment than ever before,” said Silver.

The NBA had its second highest attendance ever this season, but national television ratings were down five percent.

Via Kevin Draper/New York Times

Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,680

Post#2 » by Crunch 99 » Thu May 30, 2019 8:03 pm

How is having the same team guaranteed to reach the Finals and most likely win every year "everything going right"? I think it sucks, especially when the collective bargaining rules work to sustain Golden State's unique position, but work against every other team legitimately challenging them. No other team will ever be able to assemble two MVPs plus four other All Stars on their roster, all in their primes except for Iguodala, who was an All Star and All-Defensive team when he was young.

NFL is more interesting where there is suspense who will win win it. The only reason we have some suspense on who will win NBA Finals this year is because Durant is out and Cousins might not be in game shape. Still, Golden State is heavily favored to win even without Durant, and Durant will probably play the last few games if necessary.
GBPackers47
Starter
And1: 1,258

Post#3 » by GBPackers47 » Thu May 30, 2019 8:24 pm

Crunch 99 wrote:How is having the same team guaranteed to reach the Finals and most likely win every year "everything going right"? I think it sucks, especially when the collective bargaining rules work to sustain Golden State's unique position, but work against every other team legitimately challenging them. No other team will ever be able to assemble two MVPs plus four other All Stars on their roster, all in their primes except for Iguodala, who was an All Star and All-Defensive team when he was young.

NFL is more interesting where there is suspense who will win win it. The only reason we have some suspense on who will win NBA Finals this year is because Durant is out and Cousins might not be in game shape. Still, Golden State is heavily favored to win even without Durant, and Durant will probably play the last few games if necessary.

Jesus when will people stop whining about Golden State? They didn't buy Steph, Klay, and Draymond. No one can appreciate watching a legit dynasty because "boo hoo my team didn't make"

The NFL is still bickering about kneeling during the anthem while the NBA has grown into a global league.
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#4 » by Spud2nique » Thu May 30, 2019 9:03 pm

Adam Silver’s mom is a horse.

Return to Wiretap Discussion