Klay Thompson Diagnosed With Strained Hamstring, Likely To Be Questionable For Game 3

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Klay Thompson Diagnosed With Strained Hamstring, Likely To Be Questionable For Game 3 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jun 4, 2019 2:00 am

Klay Thompson was diagnosed with a hamstring strain after getting an MRI on Monday, according to Shams Charania.

Thompson will likely be questionable to play in game 3 of the NBA Finals on Wednesday.

Thompson suffered the injury in the 4th quarter of game 2. 

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

Par36
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,023

Re: Klay Thompson Diagnosed With Strained Hamstring, Likely To Be Questionable For Game 3 

Post#2 » by Par36 » Tue Jun 4, 2019 2:36 am

Strained flop.

I can't see him missing a game.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,676

Re: Klay Thompson Diagnosed With Strained Hamstring, Likely To Be Questionable For Game 3 

Post#3 » by nedleeds » Tue Jun 4, 2019 3:11 am

Likely probable questionable
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
tigerae
Rookie
And1: 233

Post#4 » by tigerae » Tue Jun 4, 2019 4:38 am

Par36 wrote:Strained flop.

If he misses a game it's on him. That's what he gets for trying to pull a Curry and kick both of his legs out to get the ref to call a non existing foul. I hate that crap, you create the contact it should be a no call or even an offensive foul.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#5 » by jason bourne » Tue Jun 4, 2019 9:09 am

tigerae wrote:

If he misses a game it's on him. That's what he gets for trying to pull a Curry and kick both of his legs out to get the ref to call a non existing foul. I hate that crap, you create the contact it should be a no call or even an offensive foul.

Pull a Steph Curry? No sir. It's pull a James Harden. Harden should be the poster boy of flopping. $$ fines are not enough. The refs should call a foul or even a flagrant-1 foul and the NBA enforces the $$s penalty.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
tigerae
Rookie
And1: 233

Post#6 » by tigerae » Tue Jun 4, 2019 9:14 am

jason bourne wrote:
tigerae wrote:

Pull a Steph Curry? No sir. It's pull a James Harden. Harden should be the poster boy of flopping. $$ fines are not enough. The refs should call a foul or even a flagrant-1 foul and the NBA enforces the $$s penalty.
The jumping and spreading both legs is completely a Steph move. Harden will stick out a leg and flop to get the call. Two different moves.

Both are terrible and should absolutely not only be no calls but also an offensive or a technical foul. Flagrant is a little pushing it I think but I'm fine with that as well if it means players would stop doing it.
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#7 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Tue Jun 4, 2019 9:27 am

tigerae wrote:
jason bourne wrote:
tigerae wrote:If he misses a game it's on him. That's what he gets for trying to pull a Curry and kick both of his legs out to get the ref to call a non existing foul. I hate that crap, you create the contact it should be a no call or even an offensive foul.

The jumping and spreading both legs is completely a Steph move. Harden will stick out a leg and flop to get the call. Two different moves.

Both are terrible and should absolutely not only be no calls but also an offensive or a technical foul. Flagrant is a little pushing it I think but I'm fine with that as well if it means players would stop doing it.

Facts. Steph even did that kick out move once or twice during game 2.
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,664

Post#8 » by hype_2004 » Tue Jun 4, 2019 10:22 am

Raptors should be in attack mode, no way Klay keeps up defensively with a pulled hammy. If this was the regular season I'd say he's out for a couple of weeks. It's the playoffs so they trying to push him to play to the detriment of his own health and the team.
hyper316
RealGM
And1: 9,672

Post#9 » by hyper316 » Tue Jun 4, 2019 2:48 pm

Glad to see no called foul on that play, Klay brought it on himself for kicking his leg sideways and landing awkward
xx1c1cle
Sophomore
And1: 54

Post#10 » by xx1c1cle » Tue Jun 4, 2019 3:06 pm

hype_2004 wrote:Raptors should be in attack mode, no way Klay keeps up defensively with a pulled hammy. If this was the regular season I'd say he's out for a couple of weeks. It's the playoffs so they trying to push him to play to the detriment of his own health and the team.

This is all Klay. Did you see his strained knee by JR last finals? It looked like he tore his ACL, but he came back the same game. Klay wants to play, I don't think the Warriors are pushing him to. (Liability wise, the final call is the player's.)

I even think that Looney will be back in 5,6,7 game. This may be their last finals together. Warriors will be attack mode too.
Candoni
Freshman
And1: 95

Post#11 » by Candoni » Tue Jun 4, 2019 4:16 pm

He shouldnt have flopped
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#12 » by Psubs » Tue Jun 4, 2019 4:53 pm

jason bourne wrote:
tigerae wrote:

Curry jumped backwards into FVV to draw a foul. :evil:

Cook is learning fro Curry when he shot a 3, missed and when landing jumped with 2 feet backwards to fall on his butt. Though when Danny Green gets a rebound with 2 Warriors making contact they think Danny Green is trying to fake it landing out of bounds? :roll: When has Danny Green or Kawhi ever embelished contact to draw a foul? They come from the Spurs team culture that isn't about that.

Return to Wiretap Discussion