Re: DeMar DeRozan On Raptors' Success: 'They Know I'm Rooting For Them'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

DeMar DeRozan On Raptors' Success: 'They Know I'm Rooting For Them' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jun 5, 2019 6:08 am

DeMar DeRozan discussed how he felt about the Toronto Raptors' run to the NBA Finals after getting traded by the team last offseason.

DeRozan, who was part of a trade package for Kawhi Leonard, told Taylor Rooks of Bleacher Report that he understands his place in laying the foundation for the Raptors' success this season. 

"If it wasn't for all the years and groundwork that I did before then, none of them things would've been possible. Yes, I fought, I sacrificed, I pushed the limits to where I had to be the sacrificial lamb. You just have to sit back and understand, like, you know, you are the reason so many things was even possible," said DeRozan.

While DeRozan added that he was initially hurt by the trade, he's still rooting for Kyle Lowry to win the NBA title. 

"I'm rooting for my best friend to do well, to accomplish something that we tried to do all the years, and he has the opportunity to do it. All the guys on that team, they know I'm rooting for them."

Via Bleacher Report

Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#2 » by Sam195 » Wed Jun 5, 2019 6:51 am

Can this overpaid clown disappear? He was a ufa in 2016 who benefited from the cap spike and got overpaid like many others. The most he could get on the open market was 4 years $113M (Al Horford Money) and Masai Ujiri the nice man he is gave him a 5 year $140M loyalty contract (still overpaid but with more guaranteed money). The fact DD has the audacity to criticize Masai and Kawhi because he got traded for a superstar who actually carried the team to finals and potentially a championship shows his true character. DD even landed on another playoff team playing for the Great Gregg Popovich in Texas with no state income tax on his earnings. Yeah that game 7 buzzer beater against Sixers and this Toronto finals appearance are a real bit of nothing. DD is a clown and Spurs are shopping him as we speak because they don't wan't to extend his overpaid bumass. Dude couldn't even make the allstar team or all nba team playing out west lol.
Rated T By CBRA
Starter
And1: 163

Post#3 » by Rated T By CBRA » Wed Jun 5, 2019 12:49 pm

Sam195 wrote:Can this overpaid clown disappear? He was a ufa in 2016 who benefited from the cap spike and got overpaid like many others. The most he could get on the open market was 4 years $113M (Al Horford Money) and Masai Ujiri the nice man he is gave him a 5 year $140M loyalty contract (still overpaid but with more guaranteed money). The fact DD has the audacity to criticize Masai and Kawhi because he got traded for a superstar who actually carried the team to finals and potentially a championship shows his true character. DD even landed on another playoff team playing for the Great Gregg Popovich in Texas with no state income tax on his earnings. Yeah that game 7 buzzer beater against Sixers and this Toronto finals appearance are a real bit of nothing. DD is a clown and Spurs are shopping him as we speak because they don't wan't to extend his overpaid bumass. Dude couldn't even make the allstar team or all nba team playing out west lol.

Why are you getting so worked up about DeRozan? Him getting that money wasn't on him, it was on Masai. He gave him a chance and when another, better opportunity came up Masai went with it. DeRozan loved the city, loved the franchise and the fans. Of course he's going to be feeling like **** after he gets traded. I don't see where he is criticizing Masai and Kawhi? He's saying that his tenure with the team laid the foundation for this finals appearance which is true. Those teams that came up short in the playoffs all those years put Toronto back on the competitive market after the miserable Bargnani days.

Relax, enjoy the finals and DeMar will always have a special place in Raps history even if he's not wearing the jersey anymore.
Cookin Baskets
Sixth Man
And1: 265

Post#4 » by Cookin Baskets » Wed Jun 5, 2019 4:08 pm

Sam195 wrote:Can this overpaid clown disappear? He was a ufa in 2016 who benefited from the cap spike and got overpaid like many others. The most he could get on the open market was 4 years $113M (Al Horford Money) and Masai Ujiri the nice man he is gave him a 5 year $140M loyalty contract (still overpaid but with more guaranteed money). The fact DD has the audacity to criticize Masai and Kawhi because he got traded for a superstar who actually carried the team to finals and potentially a championship shows his true character. DD even landed on another playoff team playing for the Great Gregg Popovich in Texas with no state income tax on his earnings. Yeah that game 7 buzzer beater against Sixers and this Toronto finals appearance are a real bit of nothing. DD is a clown and Spurs are shopping him as we speak because they don't wan't to extend his overpaid bumass. Dude couldn't even make the allstar team or all nba team playing out west lol.

Your ranting please stop... :banghead:

There is no part of this article where Demar is criticizing anybody, just says he rooting for his best friend in Kyle Lowry despite not being part of the team. Who knows what would have happened if Lebron were still on the cavs. Your going to call him a bum and overpaid when he is putting up good numbers. One more thing Klay Thompson didn't make the all nba team out in the West, which is harder then the East. You make it sound like the West is worse then the East in your post. They almost beat the Nuggets as the 7th seed, so give credit where is credit is due. Leonard is better but that doesn't make Derozan a bum.
I don't think I Trust The Process anymore! :banghead:
We are the originals! We are the Philadelphia 76ers!

Return to Wiretap Discussion