Warriors Hope Kevin Durant Will Return For Game 5 Or Game 6

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Warriors Hope Kevin Durant Will Return For Game 5 Or Game 6 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Jun 8, 2019 1:08 am

The Golden State Warriors are hopeful Kevin Durant will be ready to play in either Game 5 or Game 6.

"We're hoping he can play in Game 5 or 6," Kerr told reporters before Game 4. "Everything in between, I've decided I'm not sharing because it's just gone haywire. There's so much going on."

Durant has not played since suffering a strained right calf in Game 5 of the Western Conference Semifinals.

Via NBA.com

Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Re: Warriors Hope Kevin Durant Will Return For Game 5 Or Game 6 

Post#2 » by Winsome Gerbil » Sat Jun 8, 2019 4:00 am

Heh, well it had damn well better be Game 5.
jamesnamida
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,048

Post#3 » by jamesnamida » Sat Jun 8, 2019 4:17 am

Durant would have to be 80% and there’s no margin of error for 3 straight wins. Everyone would have to catch fire and they would have to stop giving raps open 3s.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#4 » by Vegeta10176 » Sat Jun 8, 2019 4:46 am

jamesnamida wrote:Durant would have to be 80% and there’s no margin of error for 3 straight wins. Everyone would have to catch fire and they would have to stop giving raps open 3s.

I mean open 3s or not raps only scored 105 and GSW scored only 92 so offence was an issue.. But let's be honest.. Iggy is hobbled.. Damascus is not match fit.. Looney is injured.. Klay is hobbled.. They could win this without Durant but not with half the starters on one leg.. And if Durant comes back on one leg to help it doesn't help that much either..
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#5 » by Spud2nique » Sat Jun 8, 2019 5:38 am

I’ve decided I’m not sharing... :lol:
the13thjoker
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#6 » by the13thjoker » Sat Jun 8, 2019 7:08 am

Vegeta10176 wrote:
jamesnamida wrote:Durant would have to be 80% and there’s no margin of error for 3 straight wins. Everyone would have to catch fire and they would have to stop giving raps open 3s.

I mean open 3s or not raps only scored 105 and GSW scored only 92 so offence was an issue.. But let's be honest.. Iggy is hobbled.. Damascus is not match fit.. Looney is injured.. Klay is hobbled.. They could win this without Durant but not with half the starters on one leg.. And if Durant comes back on one leg to help it doesn't help that much either..

Al ltrue but Warriors haven't scored over 109 without KD this whole series. Problem is Raptors can win with defense, Warriors haven't shown they can. They need KD or it's over.
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,881

Post#7 » by deeps6x » Sat Jun 8, 2019 2:58 pm

As much as the Warriors want Durant to come back, and as much as KD would LOVE to come back and steal the finals from this 3-1 Raptor's lead, man that would be a massive gamble on KD's part.

This IS a $200 million risk he would be taking if he screws up his leg by rushing back too soon.

If the Warriors lose the series, that doesn't hurt KD's legacy, it enhances it.

As a Raptor's fan I've gotta say, I'd much rather win it with KD playing. But I'll still take it any way we can get it.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
dickfox
Senior
And1: 522

Post#8 » by dickfox » Sat Jun 8, 2019 3:15 pm

I hope I grow 5 inches and make the NBA at age 33
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#9 » by Yosemite Dan » Sat Jun 8, 2019 3:28 pm

Vegeta10176 wrote:

Give it a rest. Kawhi has a bad knee where some thought he would pack it in during the Bucks series. Lowry dislocated his thumb against Philly and will need surgery after the finals. Van Vleet has been battling shoulder and back issues the entire playoffs so the Raps are just as hobbled. The reason no one talks about it is because the Raptor players don’t talk about it. They just wanna win and are coping with it. Guys like Durant need to be 100% before he even considers playing because that’s the way he is. Make of that what you will but he’s never really been “about the team”. Always about himself.

If you watched Kawhi, you can tell he has no lift because of his knee making it difficult to penetrate to the basket but he soldiers on because he wants to win and excuses are for losers. Lowry can’t go to his left because of his thumb but he just wants to win. They dont talk about it so you don’t get the sympathy stories for them like you do for Klay and Cousins.
tigerae
Rookie
And1: 233

Post#10 » by tigerae » Sat Jun 8, 2019 7:02 pm

Yosemite Dan wrote:
Vegeta10176 wrote:

Give it a rest. Kawhi has a bad knee where some thought he would pack it in during the Bucks series. Lowry dislocated his thumb against Philly and will need surgery after the finals. Van Vleet has been battling shoulder and back issues the entire playoffs so the Raps are just as hobbled. The reason no one talks about it is because the Raptor players don’t talk about it. They just wanna win and are coping with it. Guys like Durant need to be 100% before he even considers playing because that’s the way he is. Make of that what you will but he’s never really been “about the team”. Always about himself.

If you watched Kawhi, you can tell he has no lift because of his knee making it difficult to penetrate to the basket but he soldiers on because he wants to win and excuses are for losers. Lowry can’t go to his left because of his thumb but he just wants to win. They dont talk about it so you don’t get the sympathy stories for them like you do for Klay and Cousins.
Exactly. Everyone gets hurt during their playoff runs, especially once in the Finals.

Not to mention Klay is hurt because he was trying to sell a flop by spreading both legs out to drive and get contact.

KD coming back doesn't make sense unless he's at least 80% for him or the team. Contract year plus he hasn't played in a while now and could be rusty. The team could try to over pass to him and run too many plays through him. That could hurt the rest of the players. It's a tricky situation now with them being one game away from elimination with no room for error.
Evolution999
Junior
And1: 93

Post#11 » by Evolution999 » Sat Jun 8, 2019 10:30 pm

He has a patially torn achilles, 3month injury. Warriors should be fined for lying like this... Image

Return to Wiretap Discussion