Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Re: Warriors Believe Kevin Durant's MRI Will Confirm Torn Achilles 

Post#41 » by mplsfonz23 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:40 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
radeonboy wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:What's the time table for recovery?

Say bye bye to next year, if not two years. Everyone around KD messed up badly and was negligent, but at the end of the day this falls on KD himself knowing full well he could have said no like Kawhi. So many people around KD failed but himself also failed too. Obviously it was not worth it but that is hindsight.

That's not fair to blame KD. Every player wants to go out there and help their teammates.

It's the job of the agents, the medical staff, and the Warriors org to protect KD from himself.

They failed him.

I think it IS fair. KD is the one who took the risk, even if he had good intentions. He has to look out for his future, and he alone is the only one to know if he is ready to go. I think everybody would have understood if he sat out another game. (Or the season)
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#42 » by Psubs » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:17 pm

Barcs wrote:This is terrible for the NBA. Durant barely played but he is one of the big reasons they won the game. If he tore his Achilles, the Warriors medical staff needs to be fired for rushing him back. This also screws the Knicks and any team looking to pursue him. :banghead:

The medical staff are just pawns.
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,881

Post#43 » by deeps6x » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:24 pm

Does this mean KD won't opt out now? Or does it possibly mean that the only team that will super max him if he does opt out is Golden State?

It would be a hell of a gamble for any other team to super max him if he tore his achilles tendon.

I'm assuming everyone on the Warriors were in his ear before the game trying to talk up his 'legacy' if he comes back now and helps them win another title, when they should have been telling him to get back to 100% first. But if I'm wrong, and it was KD insisting he was ready and wanting to come back (too soon), then it is on him, and I guess he now has to live with whatever happens next.

I suppose if he had plans to opt out and go somewhere else, now it might be on a 1+1 deal instead of on a 5 year deal. Would a team like the Knicks be willing to give him a contract like that for $30M/yr (or whatever) knowing KD might not even see the court next season, then possibly opt out just as he is getting healthy?

Yep, I'm thinking he isn' opting out, or even better (for KD) is guilting GS into giving him a 5 year super max deal.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#44 » by Psubs » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:28 pm

dan-man wrote:
mg66 wrote:I am shocked at how so few people pay attention to the NBA. You think because he destroyed his achilles, no teams will offer him a max deal? Are you familiar with the Knicks? The Lakers? Desperate and stupid teams everywhere.

With this injury, he aint going anywhere. You can't rehab an injury this serious on a new team ( on a max deal ). That would be way too awkward. Cousins took a low ball deal which made it viable.

KD should accept his player option next year and have GS have all all those taxes!
RipCityKJ
Senior
And1: 205

Post#45 » by RipCityKJ » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:29 pm

Caese wrote:To the silly little bitches coming on here saying KD got what he deserved, grow the **** up.

This is a human being who is amazing at basketball, and now he can't do what he loved. He didn't sign a contract with Golden State to ruin lives, or even ruin your fandom experience. You may not like what he decided to do, but blame your owner for not voting in cap smoothing. Blame yourself for being so selfish your enjoying the pain of a man who literally did nothing to you personally, except make you cry salty tears about a bloody sport.

I love basketball, and as a Raps fan I was ashamed of my in arena jerk-wads who applauded it. I was also proud that those fans and the rest chanted KD's name once they realized the gravity of the situation.

It's just basketball people. If your life is at least .5% better because KD is suffering you should really check yourself.

He’s worth 100s of millions of dollars to play a game that has a slight chance of being injured. He got hurt playing when he shouldn’t have even been on the court, he’ll get another 5 years 150m+ in his next contract and he’ll get that money sitting at home the first year, so I don’t feel bad for him at all. Defending millionaires is more disgusting than anyone saying Karma finally caught up to him. You can say he’s still human but his wealth provides him a cushion that 99% of normal people who get hurt at work would not have. Do you think KD is wondering how he’ll pay his mortgage or bills after this injury? Nothing in his life changed other than he can’t play basketball for a year, that’s a luxury I don’t have sympathy for.
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#46 » by Barcs » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:47 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
radeonboy wrote:
Say bye bye to next year, if not two years. Everyone around KD messed up badly and was negligent, but at the end of the day this falls on KD himself knowing full well he could have said no like Kawhi. So many people around KD failed but himself also failed too. Obviously it was not worth it but that is hindsight.

That's not fair to blame KD. Every player wants to go out there and help their teammates.

It's the job of the agents, the medical staff, and the Warriors org to protect KD from himself.

They failed him.

I think it IS fair. KD is the one who took the risk, even if he had good intentions. He has to look out for his future, and he alone is the only one to know if he is ready to go. I think everybody would have understood if he sat out another game. (Or the season)

Yeah, but we don't know what the medical staff said or how big a risk he took, if any. Was it a fluke or was he rushed back early? If they cleared him to play prematurely, you can't blame KD for that. He obviously wanted to play badly and the media was on a witch hunt claiming he's soft because Loony and Leonard played through injuries when the situations were night and day. He would have been crucified if he sat out an extra game and they ended up losing the series in that game.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
GswStorm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 308

Post#47 » by GswStorm3 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:54 pm

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. If he missed this series he would have gotten criticized for not trying to come back.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#48 » by mplsfonz23 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:15 pm

Barcs wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:

They failed him.

Yeah, but we don't know what the medical staff said or how big a risk he took, if any. Was it a fluke or was he rushed back early? If they cleared him to play prematurely, you can't blame KD for that. He obviously wanted to play badly and the media was on a witch hunt claiming he's soft because Loony and Leonard played through injuries when the situations were night and day. He would have been crucified if he sat out an extra game and they ended up losing the series in that game.

Fair point. I think he should have done what his BODY told him to do. I think he got hurt trying to compensate for his injury.
Jcity08
RealGM
And1: 15,545

Post#49 » by Jcity08 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:24 pm

Damn, I hope he can comeback from this injury. I don't know who advised him to step on to the court when he clearly wasn't ready, but they need to be fired if they still have a job.

Signed with team T.W.O for the 2022-23 2023-24 season.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#50 » by hyberx » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:53 pm

GswStorm3 wrote:Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. If he missed this series he would have gotten criticized for not trying to come back.

That is exactly the case. The same imbeciles who criticize KD for playing are the same ones who attacked him as being soft for not playing.

At the end of the day, KD (and with approval of his agent) took the risk because he is a real Warrior who wanted to help his team win even down 1-3 and a new contract in the horizon. KD is forever a Warrior legend, with his contribution, no matter he stays or goes this summer. Hopefully he will heal up and still be the amazing player that he is.
PerfectJab
Veteran
And1: 1,357

Post#51 » by PerfectJab » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:22 pm

The Golden State Warriors look really silly for rushing him back from his injury.

Given how easily it tore they had to of known the risks involved. Doesn't look good for the franchise at all. As a competitive player you always want to play so I would never put the blame on Durant and commend him for trying.

I really feel bad for the guy, the doctors really screwed up.
delsol650
Sixth Man
And1: 61

Post#52 » by delsol650 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:39 pm

PerfectJab wrote:The Golden State Warriors look really silly for rushing him back from his injury.

Given how easily it tore they had to of known the risks involved. Doesn't look good for the franchise at all. As a competitive player you always want to play so I would never put the blame on Durant and commend him for trying.

Another person speaking out who clearly don't know what was talked about, agreed upon or said prior to KD even playing. You have NO clue to what KD wanted regardless of pleas from others.
radeonboy
Analyst
And1: 3,704

Post#53 » by radeonboy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:28 am

Barcs wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:

They failed him.

mg66
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#54 » by mg66 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:43 pm

He got hurt trying to help his team win a title. That used to be what playing a team sport was all about. But now we just follow how much money players make and how big of contract they will get next year. Screw that. I am not KD's agent, so whether he signs a max deal with NY does not impact me. The man is rich beyond get out, he will make 20 plus million next year and I am sure that nike is already writing up a rehab campaign series of commercials. You play for rings and championships, KD sacrificed for that, that is sports.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#55 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:41 pm

mg66 wrote:He got hurt trying to help his team win a title. That used to be what playing a team sport was all about. But now we just follow how much money players make and how big of contract they will get next year. Screw that. I am not KD's agent, so whether he signs a max deal with NY does not impact me. The man is rich beyond get out, he will make 20 plus million next year and I am sure that nike is already writing up a rehab campaign series of commercials. You play for rings and championships, KD sacrificed for that, that is sports.

Cmon ...It was a dumb decision. That's it. He KNEW he was injured, yet he CHOSE to play KNOWING the risk. This WILL impact his future going forward, and he will have to live with that decision. Blame KD. No one else..
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#56 » by Barcs » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:36 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
mg66 wrote:He got hurt trying to help his team win a title. That used to be what playing a team sport was all about. But now we just follow how much money players make and how big of contract they will get next year. Screw that. I am not KD's agent, so whether he signs a max deal with NY does not impact me. The man is rich beyond get out, he will make 20 plus million next year and I am sure that nike is already writing up a rehab campaign series of commercials. You play for rings and championships, KD sacrificed for that, that is sports.

Cmon ...It was a dumb decision. That's it. He KNEW he was injured, yet he CHOSE to play KNOWING the risk. This WILL impact his future going forward, and he will have to live with that decision. Blame KD. No one else..

This is so shortsighted, it's not even funny. As if the decision to play him had nothing to do with the coach, GM or medical staff, it was all KD. If KD knew there was a risk and took it anyway, then you can blame him, but we don't know the situation within the organization or what the medical staff advised about the risks.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
PerfectJab
Veteran
And1: 1,357

Post#57 » by PerfectJab » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:33 pm

delsol650 wrote:
PerfectJab wrote:The Golden State Warriors look really silly for rushing him back from his injury.

Another person speaking out who clearly don't know what was talked about, agreed upon or said prior to KD even playing. You have NO clue to what KD wanted regardless of pleas from others.

Which is irrelevant. To get to the point where he could play he had to be cleared by the doctors. He does NOT have the choice unless given the choice by the doctors which shouldn't have been given.

Return to Wiretap Discussion