Kevin Durant Undergoes Surgery On Ruptured Achilles Tendon

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77, BombsquadSammy

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
Posts: 64,925
And1: 177
Joined: Mar 19, 2013

Kevin Durant Undergoes Surgery On Ruptured Achilles Tendon 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:14 pm

Kevin Durant has undergone surgery to repair a ruptured Achilles tendon in his right leg.


Durant announced the surgery on Instagram.

Via RealGM Staff Report

hyberx
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,493
And1: 179
Joined: Oct 31, 2001

Re: Kevin Durant Undergoes Surgery On Ruptured Achilles Tendon 

Post#2 » by hyberx » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:56 pm

Based on other players' experience (Kobe, Cousins, Rudy Gay, etc), KD likely will not have the same explosiveness when healed. It would make more sense for him to stay with the Ws where Kerr's system will allow him to play more off the ball and in the post, thus maximize his skill without using his explosiveness every time on ISO situation.

The problem with Kobe was he never tried to change his game after recovering from injury. Though most smaller player does not have the luxury or skill to change their game to play more in the post. MJ was probably the only one who did.
mjvile
Junior
Posts: 474
And1: 42
Joined: Jul 19, 2010
Contact:

Re: Kevin Durant Undergoes Surgery On Ruptured Achilles Tendon 

Post#3 » by mjvile » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:07 pm

hyberx wrote:Based on other players' experience (Kobe, Cousins, Rudy Gay, etc), KD likely will not have the same explosiveness when healed. It would make more sense for him to stay with the Ws where Kerr's system will allow him to play more off the ball and in the post, thus maximize his skill without using his explosiveness every time on ISO situation.

The problem with Kobe was he never tried to change his game after recovering from injury. Though most smaller player does not have the luxury or skill to change their game to play more in the post. MJ was probably the only one who did.


:lol:
One of the greatest ways to stay in shape even if your not over weight! http://mike7101.eliteweightlosspackage.com
Evolution999
Sophomore
Posts: 132
And1: 25
Joined: Dec 01, 2016

Re: Kevin Durant Undergoes Surgery On Ruptured Achilles Tendon 

Post#4 » by Evolution999 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:53 pm

He:ll never be the same. Achilles ended Brandon Jennings career, drove Kobes career into the cellar. Best case study is Rudy Gay
hyberx
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,493
And1: 179
Joined: Oct 31, 2001

Re: Kevin Durant Undergoes Surgery On Ruptured Achilles Tendon 

Post#5 » by hyberx » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:30 am

Evolution999 wrote:He:ll never be the same. Achilles ended Brandon Jennings career, drove Kobes career into the cellar. Best case study is Rudy Gay


Yes. But none of them are 7'1 who can shoot over anybody.
AleksandarN
Senior
Posts: 518
And1: 69
Joined: Aug 08, 2002

Re: Kevin Durant Undergoes Surgery On Ruptured Achilles Tendon 

Post#6 » by AleksandarN » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:51 am

hyberx wrote:
Evolution999 wrote:He:ll never be the same. Achilles ended Brandon Jennings career, drove Kobes career into the cellar. Best case study is Rudy Gay


Yes. But none of them are 7'1 who can shoot over anybody.



Neither is KD. Come on now KD 7’1”. Next I will hear he is 8 feet tall. Dude is 6’11”
hyberx
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,493
And1: 179
Joined: Oct 31, 2001

Re: Kevin Durant Undergoes Surgery On Ruptured Achilles Tendon 

Post#7 » by hyberx » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:46 am

AleksandarN wrote:
hyberx wrote:
Evolution999 wrote:He:ll never be the same. Achilles ended Brandon Jennings career, drove Kobes career into the cellar. Best case study is Rudy Gay


Yes. But none of them are 7'1 who can shoot over anybody.



Neither is KD. Come on now KD 7’1”. Next I will hear he is 8 feet tall. Dude is 6’11”


And Kevin Garnett was listed as 6'11'. You sound like someone who just started watching NBA 2 years ago and never heard about how they list height in this league.
Image
Read on Twitter
BasketballJunky
Sophomore
Posts: 188
And1: 15
Joined: Oct 02, 2015

Re: Kevin Durant Undergoes Surgery On Ruptured Achilles Tendon 

Post#8 » by BasketballJunky » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:34 am

The Goldenstate Warriors do not deserve to win the NBA championship after sacrificing KD. I’m disappointed in him and the franchise.
He hurt himself in 11 minutes of action he could not be any better than 65-70%
micromonkey
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,797
And1: 469
Joined: Jun 24, 2010
     

Re: Kevin Durant Undergoes Surgery On Ruptured Achilles Tendon 

Post#9 » by micromonkey » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:12 pm

I wonder what his copay was?
Do you think he had to fly to NY to make sure it was an in-network facility?

I hope he doesn't get nailed for out of network by the anesthesiologist trick--they ALWAYS get you with that one. Before you can ask you are knocked out--not like you can ask for in-network guy at that point...
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 6,786
And1: 128
Joined: Aug 22, 2001
Location: NY
         

Re: Kevin Durant Undergoes Surgery On Ruptured Achilles Tendon 

Post#10 » by TheCage4 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:20 pm

KD may have effectively ended his career with this injury. The guy cannot simply get out of his own way. He gave 11 minutes and may have cost himself the next 11 years of his career.

He will sign somewhere this summer and he will get big money, but smart money dictates that he will not live up to his salary. The media and fans will continue to target him due to his less-than-stellar social media status and in-person demeanor.

Hopefully he stays in GS and does not cost another franchise their future cap.

Return to Wiretap Discussion