Mike D'Antoni, Rockets Still Negotiating Details Of Extension

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Mike D'Antoni, Rockets Still Negotiating Details Of Extension 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:49 pm

The Houston Rockets believed they had a handshake deal with Mike D'Antoni after visiting him in West Virginia to reengage on extension talks. Reports at the time said the Rockets and D'Antoni were nearing agreement.

Tilman Fertitta offered $2 million in incentives tied to playoff advancement in 19-20 as an olive branch as it is the final season of his existing contract. Fertitta also agreed to remove the buyout language. D'Antoni said the reworked offer sounded good but that they would need to finalize the details with his agent Warren LeGarie.

"I have not heard from them since that trip to visit Mike," LeGarie told ESPN's Tim MacMahon. "Mike is prepared to coach out his contract."

LeGarie insists that a second year and a higher base salary are necessary to sign an extension with the Rockets. LeGarie also was annoyed that D'Antoni came across as agreeable to a lesser offer without consulting him.

"We're still working out the details," D'Antoni said. "I'm looking forward to next year and looking forward to making a run at a title."

Via Tim MacMahon/ESPN

The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,491

Re: Mike D'Antoni, Rockets Still Negotiating Details Of Extension 

Post#2 » by The Laker Kid » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:01 pm

Tilman Fertita's offer was $12.50 /hr but Pringles is firm at $13 /hr
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
RipCityKJ
Senior
And1: 205

Re: Mike D'Antoni, Rockets Still Negotiating Details Of Extension 

Post#3 » by RipCityKJ » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:38 pm

The Laker Kid wrote:Tilman Fertita's offer was $12.50 /hr but Pringles is firm at $13 /hr

He also has to perform magic at the Golden Nugget every other Friday to collect his bonuses.

Return to Wiretap Discussion