Rockets Have 'Hard Feelings Right Now Everywhere'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Rockets Have 'Hard Feelings Right Now Everywhere' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:15 pm

Between contract talks with Mike D'Antoni and the possibility of a major trade, the Houston Rockets are undergoing a tumultuous offseason. 

"There's too much damn turmoil," a high-ranking Rockets official told ESPN's Tim MacMahon. "There's some hard feelings right now everywhere."

There have also been reports of tension between James Harden and Chris Paul.

"Chris wants to coach James," a source familiar with the stars' dynamic said. "James looks at him like, 'You can't even beat your man. Just shut up and watch me.'"

Paul pushed for more plays and sets in the Houston offense.

"It's always a little contentious when you have two alpha dogs," a team source told ESPN. "Ask the Golden State Warriors if they've ever had problems between their stars.

"There is contention there, but they know they're tied at the hip, and they want to win. They're smart. They won't let it affect the team. ... That is not the reason Golden State beat us."

Paul cherishes the opportunities he gets to play without Harden on the floor and would sometimes bark at D'Antoni to keep Harden on the bench while running the second unit. Harden would lobby or demand to check back into the game.

Harden typically tends to avoid conflict but snapped back at Paul during the Rockets' Game 6 elimination loss.

"Chris has a personality where he just doesn't let anything go," a team source said. "He just keeps pestering and pestering and pestering and pestering. Sometimes James has had enough -- and not just him. That's what makes [Paul] a winner and also what keeps him from being a big-time winner. He's got to temper that."

Daryl Morey is more concerned with results than relationships.

"I feel like we have one of the best duos in the league," Morey told ESPN. "They're both first-ballot Hall of Famers. Both years, we were very close to knocking off what I consider to be the best team in the league, and we feel great about them going forward."

Via Tim MacMahon/ESPN

Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Re: Rockets Have 'Hard Feelings Right Now Everywhere' 

Post#2 » by Sam195 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:59 pm

"I feel like we have one of the best duos in the league," Morey told ESPN. "They're both first-ballot Hall of Famers. Both years, we were very close to knocking off what I consider to be the best team in the league, and we feel great about them going forward."

Masai Ujiri would be rofl in his office reading or hearing that comment too bad he is partying with the Raptors at the huge parade in Downtown Toronto that people are saying rival the ones Jordan had with the Bulls in Chicago. Lol Harden, CP3 and Capela have been together for two seasons and the relationship is imploding like Harden's with Dwight Howard and CP3's Clipper stint. Kawhi just won a title in his first season with allegedly uncoachable Kyle Lowry and coach killer Marc Gasol. Funny how when you win a championship the word Champion is the adjective that trumps all in your career. Kawhi also reportedly just told his teammates while drunk that he is resigning in Toronto because he believes he can repeat with this group. I don't know how much that is worth but looking at that parade of worshipers I highly doubt Kawhi will find any other destination in North America where he will get that much love.
Temuhjan
Sixth Man
And1: 321

Post#3 » by Temuhjan » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:05 pm

There is Hassan Whiteside in Miami if Morey wants a one-for-one swap
Sky High
Sixth Man
And1: 280

Post#4 » by Sky High » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:23 pm

I can't say I'm even remotely surprised. Paul and Harden was never going to work. Never will work. The rest of the NBA has known that from the start.
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,269

Post#5 » by Yuri Vaultin » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:29 pm

"That's what makes Paul a winner...."

I must have missed something. What, exactly has CP won?
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
Biscayne Beast
Senior
And1: 594

Post#6 » by Biscayne Beast » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:48 pm

Temuhjan wrote:There is Hassan Whiteside in Miami if Morey wants a one-for-one swap

I'll do James Johnson, Dion Waiter, and Goran Dragic for Chris Paul, PJ Tucker and a 2021 1st round pick.
watpho71
Junior
And1: 111

Post#7 » by watpho71 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:07 pm

Yuri Vaultin wrote:"That's what makes Paul a winner...."

He has won a State Farm Life Insurance policy.
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#8 » by IWishIWasHarden » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:09 pm

Harden is in the wrong here.

What Paul can do physically has no relevance to what he can do mentally.

Everything Paul wanted is what needed to happen.
dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,030

Post#9 » by dsg2021 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:30 pm

No one is necessarily wrong. It's just two amazing players who want to win.
benhillboy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,649

Post#10 » by benhillboy » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:41 pm

Sky High wrote:I can't say I'm even remotely surprised. Paul and Harden was never going to work. Never will work. The rest of the NBA has known that from the start.

I can’t wait until this boneheaded operation of Morey comes to an end. How you get a job as a GM knowing absolutely nothing about defense, character, chemistry, or off ball play blows my mind. Their one chance was last season when they had the #1 and 6 “rated” offense and defense, respectively. Ariza, Mbah Moute, and Bzdelik depart and its back to putting lipstick on a pig. The BBall Gods simply can’t smile on you when Eric Gordon has a green light to pull from 30 feet or your “best” player literally does nothing without the ball.
alienpick
Starter
And1: 617

Post#11 » by alienpick » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:48 pm

Basketball games
Richfield
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,234

Post#12 » by Richfield » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:55 pm

Sounds like the analytics team improperly weighted the cost of "pestering" in their equations.

What's that? They didn't factor it in at all?

Another point to the eye-test camps.
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,947

Post#13 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:20 pm

Yes, you did miss something, it's call the rest of the sentence.

"That's what makes [Paul] a winner and also what keeps him from being a big-time winner."
texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Post#14 » by texasholdem » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:28 pm

Morey is all about marketing stars. We should have kept Lou Will, Montrezl, Bev and Dekker
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
nshidbaby
Sophomore
And1: 80

Post#15 » by nshidbaby » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:40 pm

IWishIWasHarden wrote:Harden is in the wrong here.

What Paul can do physically has no relevance to what he can do mentally.

Everything Paul wanted is what needed to happen.

This
Stay cool, stay calm, stay crazy!
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,491

Post#16 » by The Laker Kid » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:04 pm

"When planets align perfectly for us." Author: Rob Pelinka
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
GBPackers47
Starter
And1: 1,255

Post#17 » by GBPackers47 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:35 pm

Sam195 wrote:"I feel like we have one of the best duos in the league," Morey told ESPN. "They're both first-ballot Hall of Famers. Both years, we were very close to knocking off what I consider to be the best team in the league, and we feel great about them going forward."

Masai Ujiri would be rofl in his office reading or hearing that comment too bad he is partying with the Raptors at the huge parade in Downtown Toronto that people are saying rival the ones Jordan had with the Bulls in Chicago. Lol Harden, CP3 and Capela have been together for two seasons and the relationship is imploding like Harden's with Dwight Howard and CP3's Clipper stint. Kawhi just won a title in his first season with allegedly uncoachable Kyle Lowry and coach killer Marc Gasol. Funny how when you win a championship the word Champion is the adjective that trumps all in your career. Kawhi also reportedly just told his teammates while drunk that he is resigning in Toronto because he believes he can repeat with this group. I don't know how much that is worth but looking at that parade of worshipers I highly doubt Kawhi will find any other destination in North America where he will get that much love.

This story is about the Rockets. Not Kawhi's FA.
kombayn
Assistant Coach
And1: 746

Post#18 » by kombayn » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:46 pm

GBPackers47 wrote:
Sam195 wrote:"I feel like we have one of the best duos in the league," Morey told ESPN. "They're both first-ballot Hall of Famers. Both years, we were very close to knocking off what I consider to be the best team in the league, and we feel great about them going forward."

Oh, STFU you salty ass Bucks fan. He's using the Raptors win as an example. The Rockets are a mess. If I'm the Suns, I call today to get CP3 on the roster. You can absorb the contract and Chris can coach all the kids plus he would fit well with Monty.
GBPackers47
Starter
And1: 1,255

Post#19 » by GBPackers47 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:15 pm

kombayn wrote:
GBPackers47 wrote:

Oh, STFU you salty ass Bucks fan. He's using the Raptors win as an example. The Rockets are a mess. If I'm the Suns, I call today to get CP3 on the roster. You can absorb the contract and Chris can coach all the kids plus he would fit well with Monty.

lol. happy monday to you too you miserable f***
tasball
Senior
And1: 57

Post#20 » by tasball » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:54 pm

[quote="Yuri Vaultin"]"That's what makes Paul a winner...."

I must have missed something. What, exactly has CP won?[/quo

Flopper of the Year or is the Flop of the Year?

Return to Wiretap Discussion