Pelicans Could Trade No. 4, Solomon Hill's Contract To Hawks

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Pelicans Could Trade No. 4, Solomon Hill's Contract To Hawks 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:54 pm

The Atlanta Hawks are pursuing the No. 4 overall pick, which the New Orleans Pelicans have made available in trade talks.

The Hawks own the No. 8, No. 10 and No. 17 picks in the draft and could package some combination of those selections. Atlanta also has cap space and could absorb a onerous contract from the Pelicans such as Solomon Hill.

The Pelicans acquired the pick from the Los Angeles Lakers in the Anthony Davis trade.

New Orleans has had conversations with other teams on the No. 4 pick as well.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,221

Re: Pelicans Could Trade No. 4, Solomon Hill's Contract To Hawks 

Post#2 » by King4Day » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:00 pm

Guessing for the 8&10 or 8&17.
Hawks should def do it. Pels....I don't really get it unless they want the cap space to make other deals where they take salary and other picks.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
Meatcookie
Rookie
And1: 219

Post#3 » by Meatcookie » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:19 pm

DarkHawk wrote:Pels....I don't really get it

I'm not very familiar with their roster right now. If they have the number one pick coming in plus other young talent from the draft, they might need a good locker room guy and leader to help them come together as a team a bit faster.
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#4 » by luss54321 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:40 pm

DarkHawk wrote:Guessing for the 8&10 or 8&17.
Hawks should def do it. Pels....I don't really get it unless they want the cap space to make other deals where they take salary and other picks.

Trading out of the top 5 is almost always a bad idea.... I get they have #1, but the Pels are rebuilding and there's a ton of talented young players at the #4 spot. It would be stupid to trade that pick in a salary dump.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#5 » by Vegeta10176 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:01 pm

luss54321 wrote:
DarkHawk wrote:Guessing for the 8&10 or 8&17.

Trading out of the top 5 is almost always a bad idea.... I get they have #1, but the Pels are rebuilding and there's a ton of talented young players at the #4 spot. It would be stupid to trade that pick in a salary dump.

It is exactly what they did with Davis no patience to build the team.. So what if they get another lottery pick next year and add to the team.. It's like David Griffin thinks he's building around a prime LBJ instead of a rookie Zion.. Look first two years or even three you can be bad but after that you need to start ascending.. If he does this they will simply be a mid level team always.. between 6 and 11 and that's it..

Return to Wiretap Discussion