76ers Appear Willing To Participate In Jimmy Butler Sign-And-Trade

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

76ers Appear Willing To Participate In Jimmy Butler Sign-And-Trade 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:44 pm

The Philadelphia 76ers would like to re-sign Jimmy Butler, but a source tells Sam Amick of The Athletic it is looking likely they will be willing to cooperate in a sign-and-trade scenario.

The Houston Rockets are aggressively pursuing a sign-and-trade for Butler.

The 76ers want to avoid losing Butler for nothing just a few months after acquiring him for Robert Covington, Dario Saric and a 2022 second round pick.

Philadelphia must also contend with the free agency of Tobias Harris.

The Rockets will need to unload some combination of Clint Capela, Eric Gordon and P.J. Tucker to acquire Butler. Gordin would be a logical fit for the 76ers.

Via Sam Amick/The Athletic

Elnegron
Rookie
And1: 374

Re: 76ers Appear Willing To Participate In Jimmy Butler Sign-And-Trade 

Post#2 » by Elnegron » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:58 pm

Dion waiters,james Johnson and future 1st round pick :D :D or dragic and waiters or whiteside and richardson for jimmy
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 520

Post#3 » by TheCage4 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:06 pm

It is not as if the Sixers gave up the farm for Butler. Saric has since been traded again and Covington, while a good role player, can be found again via the G League.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
NBA Moses
Pro Prospect
And1: 373

Post#4 » by NBA Moses » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:10 pm

Jimmy Butlers best days are well behind him. Sixers would be wise to engage in a sign/trade.
Killboard
Analyst
And1: 943

Post#5 » by Killboard » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:58 pm

TheCage4 wrote:It is not as if the Sixers gave up the farm for Butler. Saric has since been traded again and Covington, while a good role player, can be found again via the G League.

You could also find a Jokic, Ginobili or Marc Gasol with a second round pick.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,822

Post#6 » by HotelVitale » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:37 pm

NBA Moses wrote:Jimmy Butlers best days are well behind him. Sixers would be wise to engage in a sign/trade.

What's that based on? Butler played as well as he ever has in this year's playoffs, when he was actually going all out. Sixers don't care if he's taking a few more games off in the RS.
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#7 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:29 pm

Sam Amick is fairly reliable, but if there is even one iota of truth to this expect the Sixers to bungle. Why even let on you're willing to deal? The party line should always be, "Jimmy, you're our guy." That's all. If Brand could just remember that short sentence, the Sixers will be okay. Max the guy, figure the rest out later... Oh, and Gordon, Capella, AND three firsts isn't enough...
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
GMjobZK
Freshman
And1: 8

Post#8 » by GMjobZK » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:18 pm

The Rockets are so desperate for another star it's not even funny. This is such a bad move. Great move for Philly if you ask me. They'll have a pretty deep roster if Harris stays. If they can actually get Capela along with Gordon and possibly even Tucker... Those are 3 key members of the Houston Rockets and they're willing to trade all of those guys for Jimmy Butler. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Jimmy Butler's game but I wouldn't make this trade. If I'm Jimmy and I really want to win a title, I'm looking at the Lakers and only considering the Clippers if Kawhi signs with them. The Rockets are about to be the Kardashians of the NBA next season. Watch and see...
Anthoine
Junior
And1: 35

Post#9 » by Anthoine » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:03 am

“Gordin” huh...

Return to Wiretap Discussion