Jimmy Butler Sign-And-Trade To Heat Hit Snag With Dallas Portion Of Deal

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Jimmy Butler Sign-And-Trade To Heat Hit Snag With Dallas Portion Of Deal 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jul 1, 2019 4:48 am

The Miami Heat have agreed to acquire Jimmy Butler in a sign-and-trade with the Philadelphia 76ers for Josh Richardson.

But the deal necessitated a third team and is now on hold following a situation with the Dallas Mavericks.

The Heat planned on sending Goran Dragic to the Mavericks, but Dallas had indicated it would be Kelly Olynyk and Derrick Jones.

The deal is up to Miami to salvage and may need to do so with another team.

The 76ers have an agreement in place with Al Horford that is also dependent on the Butler trade going through.

Via Tim Cato/The Athletic

Ayuandmi
Ballboy
And1: 3

Re: Jimmy Butler Sign-And-Trade To Heat Hit Snag With Dallas Portion Of Deal 

Post#2 » by Ayuandmi » Mon Jul 1, 2019 5:39 am

Trade voids and then Butler signs with Kawhi with Clippers.
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#3 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 5:52 am

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Ain't no give backs. Philly don't want cho no mo, Jimmy Buckets!

You verboten to 'em now... can't go back (Ploy don't want to, neither...)
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
bran muffin
Starter
And1: 3,441

Post#4 » by bran muffin » Mon Jul 1, 2019 6:33 am

The Mavs came to their senses, and realized they were supposed to receive a draft pick for accepting salary dumps of overpaid players like Goran Dragic.
CH Smoot
Sophomore
And1: 19

Post#5 » by CH Smoot » Mon Jul 1, 2019 6:48 am

bran muffin wrote:The Mavs came to their senses, and realized they were supposed to receive a draft pick for accepting salary dumps of overpaid players like Goran Dragic.

Dragic contract expiring tho. Good deal for Dallas I'd have thought if a pick included.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,305

Post#6 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Mon Jul 1, 2019 7:19 am

bran muffin wrote:The Mavs came to their senses, and realized they were supposed to receive a draft pick for accepting salary dumps of overpaid players like Goran Dragic.

Overpaid? Goran Dragic is a former All-Star PG who is still in his prime. He's an excellent fit for Dallas. Especially considering that Dragic is Luka Doncic's best friend and NBA Mentor. They both play on the Slovenian national team. You couldn't ask for a better fit in the locker room and on the court. And the contract is an expiring contract.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
Riddle Express
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#7 » by Riddle Express » Mon Jul 1, 2019 7:35 am

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:

Overpaid? Goran Dragic is a former All-Star PG who is still in his prime. He's an excellent fit for Dallas. Especially considering that Dragic is Luka Doncic's best friend and NBA Mentor. They both play on the Slovenian national team. You couldn't ask for a better fit in the locker room and on the court. And the contract is an expiring contract.

An expiring contract is not a positive asset when you’re using up blank cap space to absorb it? And wouldn’t a former all star still in their prime ... still be an all star? Miami obviously needs to sweeten the pot
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#8 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Mon Jul 1, 2019 7:38 am

Riddle Express wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:

An expiring contract is not a positive asset when you’re using up blank cap space to absorb it? And wouldn’t a former all star still in their prime ... still be an all star? Miami obviously needs to sweeten the pot

So you want Dragic to be voted in every year over Kyrie Irving and the like? The competition is rough at the Guard spots. Unless you think you are going to receive a Kyrie Irving or a Demar Derozan to play G for the Mavs... then Dragic is a great get at a tier below those guys. And again, you are not counting the great locker room veteran presence he could be for his best friend, Luka Doncic. Those guys could go out there and ball out and have fun while doing it.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#9 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 7:41 am

Riddle Express wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:

Plus, hasn't Dallas already filled out there PG needs? I thought Hardaway was that guy, but maybe Carlisle fittna have him come off the bench?
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
bran muffin
Starter
And1: 3,441

Post#10 » by bran muffin » Mon Jul 1, 2019 7:45 am

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:Overpaid? Goran Dragic is a former All-Star PG who is still in his prime.

If Dragic was not overpaid, he would've opted out of his contract last week and entered free agency. But he didn't. Because he knew he would not get anywhere near $19M in the market.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#11 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Mon Jul 1, 2019 7:47 am

bran muffin wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:Overpaid? Goran Dragic is a former All-Star PG who is still in his prime.

If Dragic was not overpaid, he would've opted out of his contract last week and entered free agency. But he didn't. Because he knew he would not get anywhere near $19M in the market.

That's not true at all. Dragic opted in because he loves Miami and wanted to stay here. He has said so for years.

Wasn't Dallas about to trade for Mike Conley, who's on a much WORSE deal and has never been an All-Star talent? Much less best friends with your star rookie?
gabri3l3
Junior
And1: 468

Post#12 » by gabri3l3 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 7:48 am

IAMZOOTED2 wrote:
Riddle Express wrote:
Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:

Plus, hasn't Dallas already filled out there PG needs? I thought Hardaway was that guy, but maybe Carlisle fittna have him come off the bench?

What? Luka is their PG... Hardaway is a gunner off the bench
ItsAJyaKnow
Bench Warmer
And1: 10

Post#13 » by ItsAJyaKnow » Mon Jul 1, 2019 7:52 am

bran muffin wrote:

You do realize Terry Rozier just got 20/year.. no way he’s anywhere better than Goran.
- I am Heat Nation.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#14 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Mon Jul 1, 2019 8:00 am

ItsAJyaKnow wrote:
bran muffin wrote:

You do realize Terry Rozier just got 20/year.. no way he’s anywhere better than Goran.

Mark Cuban better be careful how he is treating Goran Dragic. Luka Doncic is watching.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#15 » by Vegeta10176 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 8:12 am

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
ItsAJyaKnow wrote:
bran muffin wrote:

Mark Cuban better be careful how he is treating Goran Dragic. Luka Doncic is watching.

Pretty sure Cubans record with Dirk is sound enough and Dragic is not his to worry about.. Now if Kawhi does not sign with the Lakers maybe there is some interest in this..
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#16 » by Vegeta10176 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 8:14 am

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:
bran muffin wrote:

That's not true at all. Dragic opted in because he loves Miami and wanted to stay here. He has said so for years.

Wasn't Dallas about to trade for Mike Conley, who's on a much WORSE deal and has never been an All-Star talent? Much less best friends with your star rookie?

What Conley is better than Dragic he was not an all star because he was in the West with Russ Steph Harden Lillard etc..
mafoutz
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#17 » by mafoutz » Mon Jul 1, 2019 8:37 am

bran muffin wrote:

Rozier just got $19 million.
Rubio just got $17 million.
DLo just got $29 million and it cost the Warriors two draft picks and Iggy.

Dragic is NOT over paid.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,714

Post#18 » by phillynative » Mon Jul 1, 2019 8:38 am

IAMZOOTED2 wrote:Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Ain't no give backs. Philly don't want cho no mo, Jimmy Buckets!

You verboten to 'em now... can't go back (Ploy don't want to, neither...)

Lol sour grapes. The heat better figure it out though, they want to keep assets to try to facilitate another trade and open up more cap space to pair someone with butler.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager

Post#19 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Mon Jul 1, 2019 8:47 am

Goran Dragic and Luka Doncic highlights when they won the Eurobasket tournament.

Their chemistry together is proven. Dallas is messing up big time right now.

youtube link : /watch?v=59E9d0T4azI

Biscayne Beast
Senior
And1: 594

Post#20 » by Biscayne Beast » Mon Jul 1, 2019 11:03 am

Dallas is gonna have to take on Dragic eventually because Beverly jus resigned so who else are they trying to target with their precious cap space.

Return to Wiretap Discussion