Kevin Durant Initially Objected To Sign-And-Trade, Forced Warriors To Include First Round Pick

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

Disinformation
Starter
And1: 3,076

Re: Kevin Durant Initially Objected To Sign-And-Trade, Forced Warriors To Include First Round Pick 

Post#21 » by Disinformation » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:42 pm

Beta. :lol:
Disinformation's Manifesto for the 2021 Offseason

It's a brave new world. No one knows what's going to happen, least of all me.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Re: Kevin Durant Initially Objected To Sign-And-Trade, Forced Warriors To Include First Round Pick 

Post#22 » by Bleeding Green » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:43 pm

Great move by KD. Got his new team an extra asset. First non-obnoxious and self-centered thing he's done in his career thus far. Pretty hilarious everyone is looking at this like an insecurity thing. He's being traded WITH a pick, not the other way around.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,562

Post#24 » by dc » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:24 pm

I can understand this from a Nets/KD perspective. They had to give up 2 1st round picks to the Hawks to do the Crabbe for Prince salary dump.

The Nets are a team that knows full well about hamstringing yourself by giving out a bunch of future picks, so they were doing what they could do recoup some of what they gave up.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#25 » by East Bay Sports » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:05 pm

Way to go out like a bitch and an ingrate to the team who got you your only 2 rings
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,788

Post#26 » by floppymoose » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:25 pm

This thread demonstrates how people see what they want to see.
Chi Dynasty12
Analyst
And1: 140

Post#27 » by Chi Dynasty12 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:55 pm

Smart move by KD. Fair deal for both sides.
Chicago Bears 2025 Super Bowl Champions
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#28 » by RickB-Orlando » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:03 pm

It's not so often that someone shows themselves to well and truly be a complete prick. Props to KD for having the guts to do so.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,523

Post#29 » by dice » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:10 pm

The_Hater wrote:
DannyAingeIsGod wrote:
dice wrote:yeah, the warriors gave up a heavily protected pick and 117 mil for russell. that's way too MUCH

amazing that a guy can sign a max deal as an afterthought. they now have 2 max players and another who will likely be maxed next season (draymond) and many wonder if they'll make the playoffs

Many wonder if they make the playoffs!? LOL dude they’re still contenders when Klay gets good.
The overlooked part of this deal is that Russel can be traded with FRP’s for a star in a position of need. Or can they ship him for a solid bench to a team like NY, MIA, ORL, PHX, DET, Hawks(I believe he would fit really good with T.Young, but with Hurteur who knows.) among other teams

Klay probably won’t play this season and almost certainly won’t be 100% if he does come back early. Think about how bad Gordon Hayward looked when he returned this past season as he tried to work his way back.

I would personally put the Warriors much closer to the playoff bubble then in contention for the title, in large part because the WC playoff race looks like a bloodbath which will take 47+ wins again to qualify.

assuming westbrook gets traded OKC is off the board, though, so it would now take at least 2 of the following teams to leapfrog the warriors in the standings in order for them to miss the playoffs:

dallas, new orleans, san antonio

seems highly unlikely
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
dice
RealGM

Post#30 » by dice » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:12 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:Way to go out like a bitch and an ingrate to the team who got you your only 2 rings

pretty sure it was a 2-way street. the 2 time finals mvp wasn't exactly along for the ride
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
mbsnmisc
Starter
And1: 3,721

Post#31 » by mbsnmisc » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:16 pm

The inmates are running the asylum. I predict a lockout.
Bruteque
Starter
And1: 1,176

Post#32 » by Bruteque » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:23 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:Is Durant really so insecure that he was offended by the idea of being traded for "just" D'Lo? :roll:

I think you are reading it wrong.

Actually, Durant was so humble that he thought it was unfair for GSW to get DLo for just Durant himself. He thought DLo was worth at least Durant himself plus a 1st. So yeah, GSW had to add a 1st to Durant in order to equal DLo's value.
Chris3323
Pro Prospect
And1: 49

Post#33 » by Chris3323 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:07 pm

Say goodbye to Kyrie and Durant Relevancy.
Money_
Rookie
And1: 224

Post#34 » by Money_ » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:46 am

floppymoose wrote:This thread demonstrates how people see what they want to see.

Exactly.

Folks, its WINDhorst... His name literally represents the crud he spews. He's just trying to exaggerate.

The Nets needed a little incentive to do the deal. They got a pick. End of story.
BigTex
Senior
And1: 79

Post#35 » by BigTex » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:09 am

tv24lakers wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:Is Durant really so insecure that he was offended by the idea of being traded for "just" D'Lo? :roll:

Perhaps Durant was thinking about the best interest of his future team, whereby the Nets get another asset in the deal. For instance take the Lakers vs. Clippers judgment Kawhi was weighing out. Unconfirmed... I can only imagine that Kawhi took into account the roster depth. Similarly, Durant perchance demanded another asset to help his new team out.

I think this is the correct answer. I think he figured he should be signed outright, and that the nets could get more for Russell if they traded him on the open market. He’s thinking pike a GM. All these players who are switching teams are doing that, none more effectively than Kawhi.
Swift21
General Manager
And1: 457

Post#36 » by Swift21 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:54 am

He really is a snake in the grass.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#37 » by Vegeta10176 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:00 am

The_Hater wrote:
DannyAingeIsGod wrote:
dice wrote:yeah, the warriors gave up a heavily protected pick and 117 mil for russell. that's way too MUCH

amazing that a guy can sign a max deal as an afterthought. they now have 2 max players and another who will likely be maxed next season (draymond) and many wonder if they'll make the playoffs

Many wonder if they make the playoffs!? LOL dude they’re still contenders when Klay gets good.
The overlooked part of this deal is that Russel can be traded with FRP’s for a star in a position of need. Or can they ship him for a solid bench to a team like NY, MIA, ORL, PHX, DET, Hawks(I believe he would fit really good with T.Young, but with Hurteur who knows.) among other teams

Klay probably won’t play this season and almost certainly won’t be 100% if he does come back early. Think about how bad Gordon Hayward looked when he returned this past season as he tried to work his way back.

I would personally put the Warriors much closer to the playoff bubble then in contention for the title, in large part because the WC playoff race looks like a bloodbath which will take 47+ wins again to qualify.

Its an ACL not a broken leg he will be fine
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#38 » by The_Hater » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:06 am

Vegeta10176 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
DannyAingeIsGod wrote:Many wonder if they make the playoffs!? LOL dude they’re still contenders when Klay gets good.

Its an ACL not a broken leg he will be fine

Oh, just an ACL. That’s similar to a hangnail right?
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#39 » by JimmyJammer » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:50 pm

mbsnmisc wrote:The inmates are running the asylum. I predict a lockout.

What a redneck type of statement. Whether you like it or not, the players are the product which allows them to have some level of leverage. Last time I checked, there is nobody out there putting their TV on to watch James Dolan ot Jerry Reinsdorf shoot some hoops. It's great to see that the players know how to use that leverage now. Welcome to 2019. When it comes to the lockout thing, it won't happen because there is too much money being made by everyone, even the teams which don't make playoffs.
dice
RealGM

Post#40 » by dice » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:35 pm

JimmyJammer wrote:
mbsnmisc wrote:The inmates are running the asylum. I predict a lockout.

What a redneck type of statement. Whether you like it or not, the players are the product which allows them to have some level of leverage. Last time I checked, there is nobody out there putting their TV on to watch James Dolan ot Jerry Reinsdorf shoot some hoops. It's great to see that the players know how to use that leverage now. Welcome to 2019. When it comes to the lockout thing, it won't happen because there is too much money being made by everyone, even the teams which don't make playoffs.

both sides making a lot of money has never stopped a lockout. because everybody always wants a higher percentage of the pot. as they should

that said, nothing that has gone on this offseason would be the cause of a lockout

Return to Wiretap Discussion