James Harden On Relationship With Chris Paul: We're Good

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

James Harden On Relationship With Chris Paul: We're Good 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:02 pm

James Harden addressed his relationship with Chris Paul at his annual basketball camp in Houston. 

"There was a lot of false talk. The negative media stuff and all that stuff that was going on and running, it wasn't true. Me and Chris had constant communication and we're good," said Harden.

Paul was traded to the Thunder amid rumors of tension between the two players.

Harden added that while they disagreed on the court at times, the divide was media driven. 

“It was just pretty funny how guys can speculate or make up false stories on the TV and then you've got people believing it. That's where guys have to make sure their facts are true before they put stuff in the media or on national television...Chris has been unbelievable these last two years. He's helped me as a leader, as a mentor, just all that good stuff. I guess it's life. It's the business, how things don't work out. But he's a great dude. I have nothing negative to say about him.”

Via Brian T. Smith/Houston Chronicle

jaypiracha
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: James Harden On Relationship With Chris Paul: We're Good 

Post#2 » by jaypiracha » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:28 pm

YEAAHHHH RIGHTTTTTTTTTTTT, if that was the case he wouldn't be headed to a team he wants nothing to do with. Harden needs to stop, though hes an amazing player he will be the reason Houston won't have another ring in this era.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#3 » by hyberx » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:40 pm

No team flopped as much and as entertaining as the Haren and CP3 pair, well maybe other than the good old LeFlop/Wade heat. They will be missed.
kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,195

Post#4 » by kenwood3333 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:25 pm

flopping liar
SCTwins
Rookie
And1: 884

Post#5 » by SCTwins » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:08 pm

The relationship was so great, we shipped him out at the first opportunity as a way of showing appreciation.
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#6 » by IWishIWasHarden » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:18 pm

A reliable insider on the Houston Rockets forum (who joined around the same time as new ownership) stated that it was the Rockets owner who leaked the fake news about Paul being unhappy to check his trade value.

The previous month it was reported that the Rockets owner regretted to other GM's having paid Chris Paul the contract.

A proven reliable inside source on the same forum also said that the Rockets owner and his sons wanted Russell Westbrook.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,788

Post#7 » by WindyCityBorn » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:36 pm

Just because they were not a good fit on the court doesn't mean their friendship is ruined. Non-story.
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,664

Post#8 » by hype_2004 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:42 pm

Was he gonna say " that **** toxic, always blaming others and not taking responsibility. Oh he also made fun of my physique, that **** thinks I have titties, man **** I dont have no damn titties gtfohere!
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#9 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:28 am

hype_2004 wrote:Was he gonna say " that **** toxic, always blaming others and not taking responsibility. Oh he also made fun of my physique, that **** thinks I have titties, man **** I dont have no damn titties gtfohere!

You wilin' out, cuddy. Jimmy bout his paper. Plus, with CP3 gone off course "they good!"
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
OdomFan
General Manager
And1: 6,634

Post#10 » by OdomFan » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:21 pm

Harden is fake.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#11 » by Sam195 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:00 pm

Lmfao did he say same things about Dwight Howard after he left? Harden kills the careers of his superstar running mates in Houston first it was Dwight, then Melo and now CP3 who still has a fat contract. Yes there was health issues, natural aging and athletic decline that played in those three players demise but the chemistry issues with Harden was a big driver. He sucks all the air on the court and in the team atmosphere in general till these guys either get cut or leave via trade/free agency. Going to be interesting to see whether Westbrook joins the list.
Bruteque
Starter
And1: 1,176

Post#12 » by Bruteque » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:06 pm

The dude openly called Kevin McHale a clown. If he really has serious beef with CP3, I doubt Harden is above calling out the ex.

Return to Wiretap Discussion