Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:53 pm

The Washington Wizards have hired John Thompson III to run their new athlete development & engagement department. 

Thompson will use his vast experience to lead a team that will focus on maximizing player potential both on and off the court for all Monumental Basketball athletes. Employing a holistic development approach, the department will focus on financial literacy, post-playing career opportunities and the overall empowerment and development of the athletes.

Via RealGM Staff Report

IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Re: 

Post#2 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:31 pm

I'm sorry, but what in the hell does the Athletic Development and Engagement Department do?

Is that sort of like a "Chief Inspiration Office?" OR, maybe an "Under Secretary to the Sub-Committee?"

GTFOH
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
anatomicbomb
Sixth Man
And1: 1,208

Re: Re: 

Post#3 » by anatomicbomb » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:19 pm

IAMZOOTED2 wrote:I'm sorry, but what in the hell does the Athletic Development and Engagement Department do?

Is that sort of like a "Chief Inspiration Office?" OR, maybe an "Under Secretary to the Sub-Committee?"

GTFOH

As it says above "the department will focus on financial literacy, post-playing career opportunities and the overall empowerment and development of the athletes." Part of an organization that oversees athlete's physical, mental, and financial health and well-being for all athletes under Leonsis' ownership.

Sounds like a great idea to me, and Thompson make a ton of sense to work on this as his whole coaching career has been about preparing basketball players for the next steps in the game and in life.

Spoiler:
Everything is practice.
Jabroni Lames
Analyst
And1: 3,904

Re: 

Post#4 » by Jabroni Lames » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:07 pm

So the Wizards hire a guy whose job it is to enlighten their own players that they are better off playing in New York or L.A.? :lol:

Return to Wiretap Discussion