Paul George: Seems Like Destiny To Play With Kawhi Leonard

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Paul George: Seems Like Destiny To Play With Kawhi Leonard 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:50 am

Paul George called it "destiny" for him to eventually team up with Kawhi Leonard.

The Indiana Pacers drafted Leonard in 2011 and traded him to the San Antonio Spurs for George Hill.

"I remember I was in Indy when we drafted Kawhi," George said. "I was a little confused by it because I was the 2-guard and Kawhi was the same position and I was a bit nervous for the competition that was coming.

"But fast-forward, knowing that the player I am and the player he developed into, I wish we would have kept that pick and we could have [grown] together. ... It seems like this was destiny that we were supposed to play together."

Via Ohm Youngmisuk/ESPN

itsme23
Rookie
And1: 1,064

Re: Paul George: Seems Like Destiny To Play With Kawhi Leonard 

Post#2 » by itsme23 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:01 am

Well a lot of people are glad you both tampered to finally be together.

It’s quite the romantic story.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#3 » by Sam195 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:04 am

Lol PG was in Indy not at the 2011 draft or the Pacers Draft War room. If he was he would know that the George Hill for Kawhi Leonard and Davis Bertans (Pacers 2011 First and Second Round Picks) deal was agreed early on during the draft long before the Pacers selected on the Spurs behalf at the time Kawhi Leonard with the 15th pick . Other than wearing a Pacers hat when he was picked Kawhi never had any real communication or relationship with the Pacers team. I don't even think he worked out for them. Add to that there is a reason Kawhi was picked 15th that year despite two decent seasons in college it was because he had flaws in his game particularly the lack of a jump shot (like Ben Simmons today) and poor free throw shooting. The Spurs invested in Kawhi on developing those skills which he got better at every season. Kawhi was also surrounded by a legendary coach and veteran players everyday of his Spurs career who taught him how to win at the nba level starting at a very young age. Kawhi was already playing in his first Conference Finals his rookie season and his first Finals his sophomore season. He won a title and finals mvp his third season and a pair of defensive player of the year awards his fourth and fifth seasons. I highly doubt this success replicates as well if he was drafted by the Charlotte Bobcats, Sacramento Kings or Washington Wizards who selected draft busts in Bismack, Jimmer and Jan Vesley all ahead of Kawhi to join their still dysfunctional in 2019 organizations.
Dr Huge Pecs
Senior
And1: 79

Post#4 » by Dr Huge Pecs » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:11 am

itsme23 wrote:Well a lot of people are glad you both tampered to finally be together.

It’s quite the romantic story.

Yeah, true dennis-tiny.

...you guys should put out a (softcore no genitals) sex tape. Uncle Dennis can film it.

I got more great ideas. Please send me Dennis's beeper number.
Years90Suns
Senior
And1: 280

Post#5 » by Years90Suns » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:47 am

Leonard phoned every star FA to get him play for whatever team that could afford/trade for both. It was KD, Irving, Kemba, Butler... it seems like PG13 was the last on that list.
I am glad they are playing together in Clipperland, side by side with the Los Angeles Pauls, but next thing we know about the NBA is that players are going to be the real GMs.
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,554

Post#6 » by lonzo_pelota » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:51 am

sounds like quite the love story over in clipper land , in two years they'll be a hollywood divorce
the13thjoker
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#7 » by the13thjoker » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:13 am

mmmm yeah, i remember when a trade to the Thunder was going to be the big fix for you PG. At least give it a season before calling it destiny and wishing your team drafted him at the start.
Hackett
Senior
And1: 672

Post#8 » by Hackett » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:49 pm

The once hobbled by injury allstars. They can take turns driving each other to MRI appointments.

It's not like the Clippers expect anything from these guys, their Championship was just getting Kawhi, its down hill from here on in.. when the trouble starts, and the finger pointing begins, Kawhi can point out that Paul George makes more than he does.
Fra Diavolo
Sophomore
And1: 56

Post#9 » by Fra Diavolo » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:20 pm

Years90Suns wrote:Leonard phoned every star FA to get him play for whatever team that could afford/trade for both. It was KD, Irving, Kemba, Butler... it seems like PG13 was the last on that list.
I am glad they are playing together in Clipperland, side by side with the Los Angeles Pauls, but next thing we know about the NBA is that players are going to be the real GMs.

He didn't talk with Kemba.
Only KD, Butler and probably Irving by some reports.

PG was LAST cuz he wasn't a free agent... :banghead:
And the rest players can sign wherever they want so that's why Kawhi talked with them first.
Didn't work so he desperately searching other options.
dickfox
Senior
And1: 522

Post#10 » by dickfox » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:55 pm

Well like they say "you create your own destiny" and he certainly did that by demanding a trade 1 year into his new deal.
I'm picking them to win it all with that wing duo and supporting cast. They could use another rim protector but i'm thinking Kawhi and PG might be more deadly than LeBron and Wade at least defensively.
cavs4872
Senior
And1: 243

Post#11 » by cavs4872 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:55 pm

lonzo_pelota wrote:sounds like quite the love story over in clipper land , in two years they'll be a hollywood divorce

idk, it kinda seems like anyone can get along with Kawhi, and PG seems quite chill himself.
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,554

Post#12 » by lonzo_pelota » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:14 pm

cavs4872 wrote:
lonzo_pelota wrote:sounds like quite the love story over in clipper land , in two years they'll be a hollywood divorce

idk, it kinda seems like anyone can get along with Kawhi, and PG seems quite chill himself.

two separate trade demands, on two different teams, always comes up short in the playoffs, yeah i think i'll stick with my hypothesis
DannyAingeIsGod
Junior
And1: 39

Post#13 » by DannyAingeIsGod » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:39 pm

Some of you guys make us fans look like arrogant nosey ****. Straight up let the man handle his business, and **** the corporate world. What Kawhi has done in the playoffs time and time again speaks for it’s self. The guy is a beast let him go home, let’s see how y’all bitches like living 3000 miles+ from home.
jlokine
Analyst
And1: 3,934

Post#14 » by jlokine » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:51 pm

jlokine
Analyst
And1: 3,934

Post#15 » by jlokine » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:18 pm

jlokine wrote:

youtube function doesnt seem to work