Dwight Howard, Lakers Have Mutual Interest

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Dwight Howard, Lakers Have Mutual Interest 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:47 pm

Dwight Howard and the Los Angeles Lakers have mutual interest.

The Lakers are expected to request permission from the Memphis Grizzlies to speak to Howard.

The Grizzlies are likely to eventually waive Howard.

The Lakers are thin at center following the ACL injury suffered by DeMarcus Cousins.

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

Yacky
Freshman
And1: 25

Re: Dwight Howard, Lakers Have Mutual Interest 

Post#2 » by Yacky » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:58 pm

Interest in Dwight Howard? Again? I thought the lineup was too slow with Cousins in it. They’re about to get even slower with Dwight.
Oncloud9
Sophomore
And1: 46

Post#3 » by Oncloud9 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:17 pm

Igoudala and now Howard. There no is reason for Memphis to just give Igoudala and Howard away to help the Lakers without recouping assets and LA has nothing to give to match salaries. Storyline makes little sense and Howard isn't any better than FA Pachulia or FA Noah.
Oncloud9
Sophomore
And1: 46

Post#4 » by Oncloud9 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:17 pm

Oncloud9 wrote:Igoudala and now Howard. There no is reason for Memphis to just give Igoudala and Howard away to help the Lakers without recouping assets and LA has nothing to give to match salaries. Storyline makes little sense and Howard isn't any better than FA Pachulia or FA Noah.
Heat_team02
RealGM
And1: 2,895

Post#5 » by Heat_team02 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:30 pm

Willie Reed had a good Summer League.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Heavyhitter10
Sophomore
And1: 12

HRe: Dwight Howard, Lakers Have Mutual Interest 

Post#6 » by Heavyhitter10 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:58 pm

Howard is a cancer! Please tell me the Lakers are not this stupid!
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,753

Post#7 » by dougthonus » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:47 pm

Oncloud9 wrote:Igoudala and now Howard. There no is reason for Memphis to just give Igoudala and Howard away to help the Lakers without recouping assets and LA has nothing to give to match salaries. Storyline makes little sense and Howard isn't any better than FA Pachulia or FA Noah.

Seems pretty clear the Grizzlies, whom would waive Howard, would get Howard to give up more money in this situation which is what they gain.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
grindtime22
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,656

Post#8 » by grindtime22 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:49 pm

Nobody is giving up assets for Dwight Howard. I think we can all pretty much agree on that right?

From there, we can probably all agree that Memphis has no desire to have Howard on their current roster right?

So you aren't going to get anything from for him and you don't want him around. So it just becomes a question of how much money you can get him to give up. He is scheduled to make 5.6 million. The veterans minimum is 2.56 million. At the bare minimum you should be able to get that shaved off and save the franchise 2.56 million. Maybe you can get him to give up a little more than that. There is very little reason to not let him talk to the Lakers and get him excited about going there.
KDSniper
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#9 » by KDSniper » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:34 pm

I Hope he gets another chance. He’s still a solid rebounder and defender when healthy
Trailbreaker
Junior
And1: 115

Post#10 » by Trailbreaker » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:10 pm

KDSniper wrote:I Hope he gets another chance. He’s still a solid rebounder and defender when healthy

Same here, I think he has a solid chance to redeem himself with the Lakers organization.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#11 » by basketballwacko2 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:45 pm

This is when you know that a team is getting desperate!!
Lee in Oregon
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#12 » by Lee in Oregon » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:58 pm

I hope this happens, Lebron & Howard would be 'perfect' together.
Rek
Senior
And1: 128

Post#13 » by Rek » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:22 pm

What a joke. This guy averaged 16 and 12 when he was healthy with Charlotte and started 81 of 82 games. To imply that he's no better than the hot garbage left out there is just laughable.

Of course, Memphis has been openly expected to waive Howard before the season starts. This is nothing new. But, of course, now that the Lakers could be a landing spot, all of the predictables have to go on their usual tangents.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#14 » by Liver_Pooty » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:14 pm

Rek wrote:

What a joke. This guy averaged 16 and 12 when he was healthy with Charlotte and started 81 of 82 games. To imply that he's no better than the hot garbage left out there is just laughable.

Of course, Memphis has been openly expected to waive Howard before the season starts. This is nothing new. But, of course, now that the Lakers could be a landing spot, all of the predictables have to go on their usual tangents.

Dude was empty stats and straight trash for Charlotte which is why they let him go for trash.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#15 » by donaldtrump_00 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:54 pm

Lakers just want the biggest name. I really hate them. Hope Howard wants more money and rejects them. Lakers are so desperate and sorry it makes me sick. They have enough talent to beat anyone but now need another ex star player to join them for insurance. I hope they lose straight up. And I hope khawi joins the nets to finish off LeBron and his attempts to create this miniature super teams
beavis15205
Junior
And1: 57

Post#16 » by beavis15205 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:03 pm

they deserve each other
Picasso
Rookie
And1: 896

Post#17 » by Picasso » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:57 pm

Lee in Oregon wrote:I hope this happens, Lebron & Howard would be 'perfect' together.

Probably better than kobe and howard.
I had to jump off the boat to walk on water.
Rek
Senior
And1: 128

Post#18 » by Rek » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:14 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:
Rek wrote:

Dude was empty stats and straight trash for Charlotte which is why they let him go for trash.

I can't imagine that anyone would disagree that he was vastly overpaid when he played there. This is not that circumstance. Dwight at the minimum to come off the bench is their best value available by a vast margin than any of the hack centers without a contract praying a team will call them at this stage of free agency.
shadrock
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,521

Post#19 » by shadrock » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:47 pm

I really doubt the interest is mutual.
dchoye
Freshman
And1: 23

Post#20 » by dchoye » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:35 am

Dwight is too old and way past his prime