Sean Marks: Kevin Durant Expected To Miss Entire Season

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Sean Marks: Kevin Durant Expected To Miss Entire Season 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:33 am

Sean Marks cleared up recent rumors of Kevin Durant possibly returning to the court this season, saying that the Brooklyn Nets still expect Durant to miss the entire season as he recovers from an Achilles injury.

"With Kevin, I think what we're going to say is the expectations are that he'll be out for the year. We're not going to plan on him playing. His rehab will obviously be predetermined over the course of the next few months, how he goes with the performance team, but ultimately Kevin will have a large say in when he comes back and how he's feeling. The expectation now is for him to be out for the year," said Marks.

Marks also added that the Nets will sign a 16th player while Wilson Chandler serves a 25-game suspension to start the season.

The Nets currently have 17 players under contract headed into training camp, with room for one more two-way deal. 

"We've looked at multiple players, we've brought in several players, whether it was throughout the summer for pickup and they've come in on their own accord. It's documented that guys were playing together in L.A. (with Anthony), so for us, I think we'll use our Exhibit 10s, we'll use training camp in which to try and figure it out, whether it's two-way spots and so forth. We'll use that to figure out where we go."

Via Ian Begley/SNY

DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Re: Sean Marks: Kevin Durant Expected To Miss Entire Season 

Post#2 » by DoItALL9 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:45 pm

Have the Nets applied for the injured player exception?

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app

Sent from my LM-G710 using RealGM mobile app

Return to Wiretap Discussion